Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you repair drivers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you repair drivers?
    Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 19:54
    Lately my computer has been restarting itself and on one occaision my computer brought up an error message saying that one of my drivers is corrupt and that I should repair it to fix my problem, so my question is how do I repair this driver of mine? I put in the reboot disc to see if there was an option to do it but that was only for reseting the computer back to factory settings.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 03:33
I have two solutions in mind
1. Reinstall all drivers and track who is causing the problem.
2. Format your hard drive (this should certainly help).
Scorpian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 04:57
I had similar problems with a few of my drivers and had to finally resort to paying a one off payment of about 25 ($30) for a program called Driver Detective at http://www.drivershq.com (Keep and use as often as you require after one off payment. Download program and pay over the internet).
       This program sorted my problems and I'd recommend it to anyone who does not know how to fix driver issues.

Though try these first before you pay out.
   Try system restore back to a date your computer worked fine.

You could also try and reinstall or update the faulty driver. To do this with windows xp ( click Start menu then click on Control Panel, click the Performance and Maintenance icon and then the System icon. In the System Properties box click on Hardware then click Device Manager. Any faults should be highlighted here but not always the case. If you know the device causing issue then right click the problem device and click update driver or click its Properties box for other options like driver rollback and troubleshoot. Drivers can be gotten off the installation disc if you have one or off the internet.
   Full System Restore may be an option if you have a factory settings restore disc etc. but you'll lose all your files and stuff.

Anyways I tried all of these examples and still ended up with other driver issues hence my paying for Driver Detective. If windows update site does not have the drivers you need then getting them off the internet is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Driver Detective scans your comp for issues etc and gives you the exact location for downloading. Installation of downloaded drivers is simple and Driver Detective certainly fixed my comp in five minutes.

Edited by Scorpian - 31-Dec-2006 at 05:34
Scorpian
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 15:13
There is a program called driver cleaner.May be it will help you.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 21:13
Just go to device manager, find the corrupt driver and reinstall it from the menu.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2007 at 22:44
Thanks for all the advice guys but it decieded to fix itself on the next windows update that happened (at least thats what I think happened).
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 07:38
O how I was wrong lol, my comp crashed and the monitor won't register that the computer and when it did the comp froze during start up Cry

Edited by Balaam - 31-Jan-2007 at 07:38
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2007 at 08:56
The best way to get rid of all annoying pc problems is to format hard drive. Back up all your valuable data. I do this once every year for my pc.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 08:02
Format's are almost never necessary. However, it is very hard to diagnose a problem over a forum. I recommend you get a computer savvy friend in to look at it himself. Some generic hints are to reinstall the driver, as has been said. Make sure you have the correct driver for your hardware and operating system. Start in safe mode, or "last known good configuration" and see if that helps.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2007 at 10:32
Yeh its gonna have to go to someone with more knowledge than me as I'm the one who usually fixes the computer and friends ones but this has got me completly stumped and mum wont do anything about cause her computer works fine and I guess being able to play her card games online is much more important than the computer I need for school work and also has the printer etc. connected up to itWacko
 Post Reply Post Reply