Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtoday I purchase MEDIEVAL 2 TOTAL WAR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: today I purchase MEDIEVAL 2 TOTAL WAR
    Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 17:39
Sicily always annoys me that way. Every time I conquer the Med. coast. They seem to be gutsy that way.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 11:25
So, the vanilla game has gotten boring. Anyone recomend any goo mods?
Arrrgh!!"
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 17:35
Soon Bulgarian Total War 2 mod will be finished.It will add Bulgaria as a new faction.There will be many other changes.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91166

Edited by Krum - 03-Apr-2007 at 17:35
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 17:54
Will they have those nifty Bulgaria Bandit archers?
Arrrgh!!"
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 07:56
Originally posted by Cywr

So, the vanilla game has gotten boring. Anyone recomend any goo mods?

Well there aren't any good mods out yet, because of M2's limited modding possiblilities. Only improved gameplay mods comes to my mind, like "Anno Domini", "Lands to Conquer". Though overall nothing spectacular.

But the good news is that yesterday community members released beta version tool for 3D model editing, finally the work can be started on large mods.

Edited by axeman - 04-Apr-2007 at 07:56
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 08:00
Yeah, i've been eyeing AD, but the longass build times made me wary.
Arrrgh!!"
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 08:01
Patch is out tomorrow 650 MB ouch. I'd wait for it then go from there. 
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 11:54
Yeah, hopefully this patch will fix major errors, like two handed weapon bug, shield bug, pikemen bug, shooting distance at fleeing enemies bug, cavalry bug + improve AI.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2007 at 11:36

Of course.
There will be 23 bulgarian units.Ifantry units(9),Missile units(4),machinery(4),cavalry(4) and mercenaries(2).Some changes are possible.

Edited by Krum - 05-Apr-2007 at 11:36
Plato
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2007 at 12:41
Originally posted by Krum

Of course.
There will be 23 bulgarian units.Ifantry units(9),Missile units(4),machinery(4),cavalry(4) and mercenaries(2).Some changes are possible.

Isn't that too many? 9 infantry units ??? IMO the cavalry played big importance in Bulgarian warfare.

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2007 at 12:53
Not in the Second Bulgarian Empire.The cavalry was in small numbers.In fact bulgarians used mainly their heavy cavalry and hired mercenaries for light cavalry(cumans,tatars).So the infantry was the backbone of the army of SBE.
Plato
John the Kern View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2007 at 14:10
I enjoy Medieval 2, i wish the bloody Diplomacy was better though, like in knights of Honour. The Battles are fun and the new graphics are great im disappointed with the longbowmen though , and what the hell is with the Sherwood Archers ?? almost as bad as Roman War Dogs in RTW.
My peoples tale is written in blood
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 12:41
I wish that your country's elected pope can benefit your nation greatly, not just get very high respects. You should at least issue edicts. BTW I can't wait for M2TW: Kingdoms come out. You get to play as many great non-European nations in the Americas. Tlaxcala, Aztecs, Mayans, Apachis(I think that is how it is spelled) and I hope the Ojibwa peoples are in there too. I would love that because I am Ojibwa, the third largest nation above Mexico at one point.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 18:17
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

I wish that your country's elected pope can benefit your nation greatly, not just get very high respects. You should at least issue edicts. BTW I can't wait for M2TW: Kingdoms come out. You get to play as many great non-European nations in the Americas. Tlaxcala, Aztecs, Mayans, Apachis(I think that is how it is spelled) and I hope the Ojibwa peoples are in there too. I would love that because I am Ojibwa, the third largest nation above Mexico at one point.

Hey everyone,

does anyone have information as to when this upgrade is coming out, and what features it will have? I would love to see some improvements to the current version.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 22:15
Kingdoms expansion pack will probably come out in August or early Autumn.
It will feature 4 mini campaigns:
1 Spanish conquest of America.
2 British islands in viking age.
3 Crusades in Middle east.
4 Baltic crusades.

Other features:
23 playable factions including Aztec and Native Americans.
Over 150 new units, including the devastating Greek Firethrower
Control multiple armies in battle command reinforcement armies.
New hero characters with powerful new battlefield abilities
A huge array of historical characters and events.
Build permanent forts to garrison troops or seize control of key strategic points
New technology trees influenced by Religion and Prestige
New Mission types
6 New Multiplayer scenarios and 20 new Custom Battle maps
Compatible with the new Hotseat multiplayer mode

- Moats added around castles
- They also added "Special abilities" for the historical persons in the 4 campaigns: Richard I. can collect fleeing troups, Emperor Manuel of Byzanz can "confuse" enemy units, that they hit themself.
- The campaings have different targets and a different way of playing it. In the Eastern, the religion plays a big role (because of unrest and unit development -> u can only build teutonic knights in a catholic area) in the New world if you play the spanish have only few Units and you have to look for alliances and trading routes.
- More units on a battlefield.
- You can build Forts with water around it.... keep their position and which you also can conquer and use for urself.
- More + Different Mission Targets: A noble man apears and asks for your help in a combat. If you are successfull, your reward will depend to how you won (how many you killed).
- In the Britain Scenario you can make as enemy of England an alliance with renegate(?) english aristocrats. They ask for your help, to conquer a town. If you give them the town after the victory, they will found a new anti-english fraction "Allianz der Barone"!

Edited by axeman - 07-Jun-2007 at 22:20
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2007 at 02:10
All in all it's bovine stool.The ignorance of the authors is shocking,they have made SOFIA region(it was Serdica and in no way centre of all Moesia),when you take Constantinople you take all of Thrace...and of course they haven't included the second Bulgarian tzardomAngry

Plus it's an absolute copy of Rome total war with changed graphics.

Edited by Liudovik_Nemski - 10-Jun-2007 at 02:14
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2007 at 11:01
Calm down Ludovic.There is finished beta version of Bulgarian Total War 2.I am one of the beta testers.Soon a complete version of the mod will be released.There are new regions,new units for Bulgaria and etc.
Plato
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 13:22
There is finished beta version of Bulgarian Total War 2.I am one of the beta testers

O'realy? Are those versions released ? I've seen many efforts of Rome total war version( even zulu and Byzantium) but i had never seen any of them in the storesUnhappy.

It would be very difficult to add more fanctions though, the balance will be changed dramatically...i mean the regions... they should create new regions! Surely they should have put Bulgarians and Swiss too... The optimum would be a game similar to europa universalis(by the point of plurality), combined whith MTWII grafics and gameplayApprove...

About the byzantines... the soldiers of the early period wear short pants or is it only my idea?LOL! shame on them!I firstly created katafract units only after the discovering of AmericaWacko. No ,byzantines don't lack of late period's gunpowder, they totally lack of reliable units until 1300!Medieval total lack for the Byzantines (ok, they should be somehow eliminated until the discovering of America- by the Hungarians [not that much...] ,the Turks,the Venetians or the Mongolo-Timuridian circus) at least , let them die in dignity!

God bless the codes!Shocked

Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2007 at 23:24
Originally posted by Athanasios

O'realy? Are those versions released ? I've seen many efforts of Rome total war version( even zulu and Byzantium) but i had never seen any of them in the storesUnhappy.

It can only be downloaded from the internet. You cannot buy it in stores... atleast in my area there isnt.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jun-2007 at 10:04
Athanasios Bulgarian Total war 2 is a mod for Medieval 2 and there are many other mods.Mods are made by volunteers,by ordinary guys from Internet that have some pc skills.Mods cant be find in store because they are free for use.You can download them from internet.Check Total War centre.

As for Bulgaria,BG Total war Team made a few new regions mainly on the Balkans.There are new regions all over the map.Bulgaria is the only new faction.The mod started in 1072 during the rebellion of George Voiteh.Most og the units are finished,the team must decide which new units to add,to made last changes of 3d models and textures.A new recruitment system is developing and most of the bugs are already fixed.
Plato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123