Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtoday I purchase MEDIEVAL 2 TOTAL WAR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Nisse99 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: today I purchase MEDIEVAL 2 TOTAL WAR
    Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 18:05

As a total war fan ,  you hade many expactations on medieval 2 total war. So far I can say just  after several hours playing the game I didnt found it so funny to play, still I have to admit that the game has a attractive force.

Looking closer to the game I found many similiraties to Rome. I got the impression that the main diffrence between Rome and Medival total war 2 is the age you play. Medieval 2 is a almost a copy of Rome , except that it takes plays in mevdeival times as the games name.  

Of course where there some diffrence things about it , but it didnt feel like it made the game much better then Rome.  Part from the graphics that is a big improvment from Rome the functoins and type of playing the game is the same.

I doenst feel medieval when you play it.  In compare to Medieval total war ,  it hasnt got the medieval concept and feeling like its forerunner.  

The most enjoy and exceminet new feature in the game is that all the units are medivel compare to rome, and you have to think in a little bit diffrent way because of the more number of units it contains.

I could'nt enjoy as much as I hopped  but I have only been playing it for one day, but I hope you will find it exciting and worth playing

Have fun while playing

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 23:14
Thanks, i am going to purchase today.
Nisse99 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 13:16
how the hell do you unlock the other factions to play, I just toke a short campaing in hope that in short time I will be abale to play other factions, daamn it , it must be a way to unlock the factions

can anybody tell how to do it

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 14:42
With Rome Total War which will probably be the same.

You open the Rome Total War file, iside that Data, then World, then Maps, then Campaign, then Imperial Campaign.

Inside is a text file Descr_Strat

Open it up and cut and paste all factions into the Playable list.

I shouldn't imagine medieval will be much different.

Edited by Paul - 11-Nov-2006 at 14:43
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 06:37
All factions, except the Rebels (I believe there were some others as well). Otherwise, if you place the Rebels in the playable factions, you might face some... problems... At least, that's what was being said about R:TW, I'm not sure for M2...
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 15:11
tryed to download... 6.3gb uhm uhm, 2 dvd's ok i'll purchase it :D 
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 22:55
I tried doing the "playable" thing in this game but it won't work.Unhappy Actually most factions are already in the playable section but they won't let me pick em anyways!!
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 04:19
They can improve more and more graphics..
but the real difference and revolution would be ,to be able to play multi-player campaign game.

Just think of it...conquering ,or just looting your friend's cities and lands!
..Awsome...
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 01:46
Have they changed the time-frame from Years to Turns?

That was what I was hearing before...I hope not.Thumbs Down
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 03:29
Honestly, I have been playing it since it came out a week ago and I am a little disappointed. They need better gameplay, not graphics. They should study AOE II Expansion to see what made a real game truly priceless.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 04:51
i bought the game and took HRE.man they are good.the game is good.really good...
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Seljuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 07:04
Game has some bugs hopefully they will fix it soon. But still it is great and gives a nice challange!

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 08:35
There are three types of civilization: Northern European, Southern European and Middle Eastern...

Turks and Mongols are indistinguishable to Arabs. The same thing goes for the Spanish and Byzantines, Russia & England.

Anatolia is a desert with palm trees... And no snow...

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 23:04

I purchased the game, but was unable to play it becuase it says that i need a shader 1.1 thingy, so unfortunatly i will have to send it back for a refund. I'm a little discouraged about the situation but its cool since i can still play RTW.

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 13:12
I am dissapointed with this game, because the gameplay is really bad. There is no real challange. The battle AI is stupid and the campaign map brings me headaches. Not to point out some ballant errors about history. To me it seems that game developers were doing hackwork on this one.
Hopefully the mods will improve this game dramatically, because I can't play it no more. I bought this game to play mods latter on just like with Rome:TW which I bought for the same reason. The game is not worth 50$ for me.

Edited by axeman - 27-Nov-2006 at 13:18
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 19:38
Originally posted by axeman

I am dissapointed with this game, because the gameplay is really bad. There is no real challange. The battle AI is stupid and the campaign map brings me headaches. Not to point out some ballant errors about history. To me it seems that game developers were doing hackwork on this one.
Hopefully the mods will improve this game dramatically, because I can't play it no more. I bought this game to play mods latter on just like with Rome:TW which I bought for the same reason. The game is not worth 50$ for me.

I think i'll be better off playing RTW with mods as well. The system requirements for medieval 2 make no sense what-so-ever. No game is worth having to spend a lot of money to upgrade your computer or purchase a new computer for that matter.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 20:00
Originally posted by axeman

I totally agree with axeman here, I'm hanging out for the mods to make this better. What really annoys me is how commerce works in this game. For some reason even though my merchant has a commerce rating of 9 and the other merchant has a rating of like 4, my attempt at an acquisition still only has a 40% chance of success. That totally makes no sense.

Then there are the units. I mean come on, a dismounted chivalric knight and a dismounted feudal knight have only one difference: the chivalric knight has 1 extra point of defence. What sort of a major advantage is that? The same with the mounted versions of those knights.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2006 at 10:18
The game has many problems and of course it's main disadvantage is that some important nations arе missing and the game si mostly pro-western oriented.I mean there are variety of units in western countries while in the others the choice is more limited.May be authors should made more region including more cities.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 21:53
All of you are hippies. lol jk. LOL I like it. I just bought it today. I am also a Total War fan.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 02:22
Yep, I'm definitely over it. The longbows aren't so ultra powerful like I remember in the old MTW. I think that the total war team seems to improve on graphics every season, but seems to decline on gameplay.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>