Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Total Quiz XIII - Results and Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Total Quiz XIII - Results and Awards
    Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 09:38
Originally posted by Praetor

"praetor I am sorry"
Apology acceptedThumbs Up. I also found finding our good friend Kettler extremly difficult, the Baltic hint helped tremendously and from then on I used logic (and a combination of Wikipedia and a internet Baltic history encyclopaedia) to find him at the last moment! Question 20 was rather fun I was surprised I thought of Shivaji as fast as I didCool, I know very little about Indian history. On a final note the fierce competition here (Dawn, Styrborn etc) made it all the more addictive, Hopefully with some gained experience me and Knights should be able to give the amighty Decebal a run for his moneyClap

I look forward to the challenge. It's always good to have people that are genuine contenders. Dawn is always one, poirot was very tough until he decided to run the quiz, Styrbiorn just got back into it after a long absence. The rest often do well but they just don't get close enough for me to be genuinely worried about losing to them. You guys got rather close this time, which is evry impressive for the first time.

Rider, the reason why I've thought of the Baltic (aside from your own background), is the mention of that implacable enemy that eventually overcomes the successors. Being of East European background, Russia immediately jumps to mind. Since I'm very familiar with southern Eastern European history, and I couldn't think of anything, it had to be farther north, and hence the Baltic. I had gotten the century wrong though, and I was thinking of the 17th century during the first round.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 10:29
Well, I must again thank you of not answering in the first round (for my precious 1.22 points).

Knights, also Omar who participated in the Quiz was from Australia (I think). I think that Constantine didn't participate and I can't think of any other, but you brought the Aussies rating up with both being so high on points.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 14:04
Woohoo...koolies Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789