Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hezbollah's defeat of Israel uncovered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hezbollah's defeat of Israel uncovered
    Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 02:28
bumpWink

The BIG Current affairs thread on the war

Edited by Leonidas - 29-Dec-2007 at 03:21
TranHungDao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote TranHungDao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 04:07
Thanks.  I don't know how I could have missed it.  I looked all over for it, in several forums and even used the search function. Confused
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 20:17
Originally posted by King John

After some searching I have found one instance of Hezbollah's statement of it's aim I will provide the link for you.

http://www.zionism-israel.com/hdoc/Hezbollah_Charter.htm

this is not an unbiased site so I will provide at least one more link for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hizbullah#Position_on_Israel

I could not find a translation of the Open Letter published in Bierut 1985 that actually stated Hezbollah's goals. So I just provided the two above links

www.zionism-isreal.com? Ouch

That is where you are steering off the right track. You can go to al-Quada.com to find out about Western society too then.

I understand you have sympathies for Isreal that however does not justify blindly labeling everyone that has a problem with Israel as some anti-Christ. The thing is that Israel has comitted some horrendeous acts from the 40s on and that trend still continues. Hezbollah like them or not are here due to those actions, and their aim was not to destroy Isreal, but to react to their forceful measures with force.

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 20:52
First, I noted the bias of zionism-israel.com. That is why I tried to provide other cites.

I never labeled everybody that has a problem with Israel as an anti-Christ. I realize that some people that have problems with Israel have valid reasons for their issues, heck I have some issues with Israel. Has Israel done some questionable things sure, but Hezbollah has also done questionable things as well. Hezbollah is here due to the actions of both Arabs and Israelis. Israelis were attacked the 1948 with out provocation, again in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Let's not act like Hezbollah and other Arab groups are innocent here. I understand you have sympathies for Hezbollah that however does not justify blindly believing that Hezbollah is a noble cause. The fact of the matter is that they target civilians this is hardly a noble act.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 21:35
Well Hezbollah was formed specifically to get rid of the Israeli occupation of Southern Lebanon which it has not completely achieved. 

If you want to know what Hezbollah's actual goals are: well I have heard them on youtube and other media but if I wanted solid concrete evidence of this I guess Hezbollah (official media?) itself may be a good place to start! Just an after thought.  I am pretty sure they are not after the 'destruction' of Israel though - diriving anyone into the sea or anything like that.

As for the Yom Kippur war, that was Egypt and Syria trying to get their territories back from the Israeli surprise attacks in 1967.  Egypt achieved its goal and reclaimed the Sinai whereas Syria failed because it kept too many forces central in case of any internal insurrection and was subsequently unable to withstand the ISraeli counter attack.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 22:01

Hello king John

I don't talk naturally about the Arab-Israeli conflict but since you started it then I will continue. Arab states attacked Israel in the 48 war for the simple reason that Jewish terrorist organizations were launching a bloody terroist campaign against both the Brits and the Palestinians. Thousands of Palestinians who were living in Jewish majority areas were forced to flee before the war and one of the first acts of the new Israeli state was to put upto 400 000 palestinians under military rule and hddle them into "security zones". From 700 000-1 million fled or were forced to flee leading to the current refugee problem. Israel tried to take all the settlements that were outside the original brderes of the state of Israe as the UN decreed and Arabs helped the helpless Palestinias. After that, Israel, unprovoked, attacked Jordan 4 times killing upto 2000 Jordania civilian from 48-56. In 56, again unprovoked they Attacked Egypt and occupied Sinai but were forced to leave it. In 67, again unprovoked attacked Egypt and refused to return the occupied lands. In 73 Egypt and Syria were already in a state of war with Israel and they regained what is rightfully their own.

Al-Jassas
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2008 at 00:15
Originally posted by Al Jassas

In 67, again unprovoked attacked Egypt and refused to return the occupied lands.

1967 attack unprovoked?  Other acts of Israeli aggression aside, the 1967 war was clearly not unprovoked. 

Egypt masses her Armies deep in the Sinai and directly on the Israeli border, closes off the port of Eliat, pressures a reluctant Jordan to join Egypt and Syria in the upcoming "Final Battle", Egyptian radio proclaims that the "Final Battle" is about to start and that the "The Jews will be cast into the sea".

The main issue in 1967 was that the "Final Battle" did not go according to Arab plans.   The overwhelming Israeli victory and catastrophic Arab defeat in 7 days needs to be placed in the most embarrassing defeats thread.

Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2008 at 14:32
totally agree. In fact, I do not like when people do not like Israel becouse of their religious reasons. 
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2008 at 14:46
Egypt had only 20 000 men almost all of them west of the 34 longitude while Israel had over 200 000 men doing exercises just 10 Km from the borders with Egypt from Dec 66. Israel was under a state of emergency since March of 67 while Egyptian soldiers did not even have ammunition. Only two air strips without planes and no Radar installations whatsoever. Sorry, the only provocation was a couple of stupid speaches by Abdul-Nassir after the humiliation of Yemen for internal consumption that is if speeches of this kind can be considered provocation.

As for the summer war, Israel had every right to retaliate and this was war, if Hizbollah had no power to stop or defeat Israel then why attack in the first place, unless you are strong, don't provoke the beast.

Al-Jassas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678