Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who says jews and muslims cannot be friends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who says jews and muslims cannot be friends?
    Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 21:46
oh i got a warning for this-how rude
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 21:51
No offense but I'd say you have all chances to be banned before your 500th post
I am a free donkey!
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 22:34
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Ya, thats actually a pretty fair assesment. Some of us here on this forum have faith and beliefs, as you do in Islam. Just tone it down a bit. I like your conviction thoughTongue
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 00:38
Originally posted by Tipu

omar yes according to islam homosexuality is strictly forbidden and acording to islamic law homosexuals are to be put to death.

No this is quite wrong. Homosexuality is strictly forbidden but there is absolutely no death penalty. I don't think there is any punishment at all in this world.
I challenge you to bring a single verse from the Quran to support your stance.

The Pakistani provence of Sindh also has a ban on plastic bags, but you don't see any reduction of plastic bags. If you think that Pakistan executes gays, then you should take a walk down Tariq Road Karachi.

Originally posted by Arch Buff

I wouldnt think that its punishable by deah, but then again conversion away from Islam is punishable by death, please correct me if Im wrong.

There is only two crimes punishable by death in Islam. Murder and Treason during war, and in both cases these are maximum penalties.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 22-Oct-2006 at 00:39
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 07:10
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

No this is quite wrong. Homosexuality is strictly forbidden but there is absolutely no death penalty. I don't think there is any punishment at all in this world.

According to a number of sources on the net, in the following countries homosexuality can in theory be punished by death: Saudi-Arabia, Iran, Mauretania, Iran, Somalia and Yemen. The legal situation in Afghanistan, UAE and the Chechen Republic is apparently unclear.
However, only in Saudi-Arabia, Iran, and in the Taliban Afghanistan these laws seem to have been enforced in the last decade or so.

See: (From Wikipedia)

Edited by Komnenos - 22-Oct-2006 at 10:22
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 17:28
Some Islamic governements do criminalize homosexuality which does lead to various punishments. However, Islamic religion itself does not sanction such punishments.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 20:22
Sorry Kom, by 'in this world' I meant 'not in the afterlife' according to theory and not practice. As in, homosexuality may get you a punishment in the afterlife, but no human should give any punishment.

I didn't mean to imply that all countries in this world were tolerant.
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 09:39
well if you check my link properly omar it is stated that death is the punishment of homo in Islam.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 09:48
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

well if you check my link properly omar it is stated that death is the punishment of homo in Islam.

Nope, your link only shows some twisted views of one person/organisation on homosexuality. It does not give any proof whatsoever, exept that some people will believe anything that is told to them.

In the bible however, it is specifically stated that homosexuality must be punised by death, (Leviticus 20:13) which once again proves how twisted religion in general is.

Edited by Aelfgifu - 24-Oct-2006 at 09:53

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 14:02

And he should be.
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 17:33
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

i came across this intresting site about jews and muslims.
www.jews-for-allah.org
Arabs for Israel: http://www.arabsforisrael.com/

I agree, maybe there is hope after all :)

Edited by Pacifist - 24-Oct-2006 at 17:37

Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 17:44
Originally posted by Bulldog

Historically Jews and Muslims vhave had good and at times fantastic relations.

The idea of Muslims and Jews being enemy is actually a recent concept, based obviously upon the Israel-Palestine issue.

If we look into history its a different story.

On the other hand, hatred and fear of Jews have always been present. We have been taught to hate and fear Jews from the moment we were born. That "Jews are behind all evil in the world", that "they control the world" or even want to "conquer the world" etc. etc.. 

We need Muslim scholars who don't preach hatred but tolerance, but
I don't see this happening. We just can't stop hating, because we lack the intellectual capacity.Cry

Edited by Pacifist - 24-Oct-2006 at 19:17

Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Pacifist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 18:58
Originally posted by erkut

But mostly Turks(Azerbaijan,Turkey) has good relationships with jews.
Nah, the populace hates Israel (this applies to all Muslim nations), but the Turkish government has decided that good relations with Israel is beneficial and they are right. 

Edited by Pacifist - 24-Oct-2006 at 19:14

erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 19:21
Originally posted by Pacifist

Originally posted by erkut

But mostly Turks(Azerbaijan,Turkey) has good relationships with jews.
Nah, the populace hates Israel (like all Muslims) but the Turkish government has decided that good relations with Israel is beneficial.

There are to many jews living in both country, and they have good relations. Do you know in Bak Trks dance with havva-nagila at the weddings.(Actually abouth a mount ago i heard same song in TRNC  weddingSmile) Yeap we have some ignorant fundemental muslims, but jews could live in TR. and AZ. peacefully. Is there any other muslim country like that?
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 16:22
Originally posted by Pacifist

I agree, maybe there is hope after all :)

I find it totally pathetic when either side parades in public the handful of people that have defected to their cause . It doesn't really convince or help anybody. It's not a sign of hope, but of desperation.

Edited by Komnenos - 25-Oct-2006 at 16:23
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 16:40

Pascifist the Turks I know don't have a deep-rooted hatred of Jews, they don't talk about Jews 24/7, I don't hear all the "Jew jokes" that you hear in near-by cultures. Actually alot of TUrks I know are pretty proud and pleased that they helped Jews countless times while they faced serious persecution in Europe, even in WW2 Turkey was a safe place for Jews.

There is quite a large Jewish population in Turkey and Jews across the world who are originally from Turkey and the Ottoman State, many are firm backers and defenders of TUrkey Wink

The Jewish-Muslim ension is basically over Israel-Palestine issue, its not a historical problem.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Ellin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Ellin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 07:53
Some Islamic governements do criminalize homosexuality which does lead to various punishments. However, Islamic religion itself does not sanction such punishments.

As in, homosexuality may get you a punishment in the afterlife, but no human should give any punishment.

Is the Hadith not a part of the Islamic religion?

Originally posted by arch.buff

Do you have any sources from the Koran or the hadith?

arch.buff.. here you go mate Wink

Quote:

Kill the one who sodomises and the one who lets it be done to him. Tirmidhi.

Lesbianism by women is adultery between them. Tabarani. (Considering that death is the penalty for adultery.)

If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death. Sunan Abu Dawud, 38:4448.

If adultery (heterosexual sex) results in the death penalty, then it would stand to reason what the outcome would be for homosexuality, considering it is frowned upon as 'unnatural sex'.

In the bible however, it is specifically stated that homosexuality must be punised by death, (Leviticus 20:13) which once again proves how twisted religion in general is.

You're talking OT, Judaism, but Christianity does not support this,
or gay-bashing for that matter.
A Christian, a mere mortal, does not have the right to punish such an individual or impose death for that matter.. "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"
There's quite a difference.

"Grk ppl r anarchic & difficlt 2 tame.4 this reasn we must strike deep in2 thr lang,relgn,cult& hist resrvs, so that we cn neutrlz thr ability 2 develp,distinguish
themslvs/ 2 prevail"..up urs Kisngr
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 08:43

The church does not condemn homosexuals to death, true. But I do not see the pope jumping in joy for them either.

I realise my remark about religion was rather crude, I apologise. I am not against religion, but I believe it should be a strictly personal thing. I am against monolithic institutions like the church, telling people what is right and wrong, and so condemning a whole group of people on who they are...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
ill_teknique View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote ill_teknique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 10:39
Originally posted by Komnenos

What a brilliant idea, why hasn't anybody else thought of it?

What you mean of course is, not that Jews and Muslims become friends, but that Jews become Muslims.
 The simple solution to a complicated problem is that all Jewish people convert to Islam and, hey presto, Bob is your uncle, and the world is put right again. 

Haven't laughed that much for ages. Is this for real or is it an eloborate joke?

Btw. it could work the other way round as well. All Muslims convert to Judaism...........

Yes, its an actual organization, they've got Jews for Jesus as well, I've seen them at campus several times, alongside a lot of various organizations competing for a few seconds to spew their ideas on students Confused
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 14:38
thanks ellin pal great to meet you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>