Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who says jews and muslims cannot be friends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Gun Powder Ma View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gun Powder Ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who says jews and muslims cannot be friends?
    Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 15:47
Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

Most of the coverts are Jewish and Christian women who get married to Muslim men.

Originally posted by Tipu Sultan

An Islamic court official stated that Jews who convert to Islam do so after studying Islam in depth and as a result of being disillusioned with Jews.

Sounds like a contradiction.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 15:56
(Out of interest) I guess a contradiction can be avoided with the following interpretation.

Most of the coverts are Jewish and Christian women who get married to Muslim men. who convert after studying Islam in depth and because of disillusionment with ABC.

Gun Powder Ma View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Gun Powder Ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 16:21
My experience is that those women are more or less required to convert to Islam by their male partners, and studying Islam in depth comes later or rather never.

I am currently witnessing an interesting case where a Chinese girl converted to Islam on the request of her religious partner. Problem is they have parted recently and now I am anxious to see what effects that will have on her faith.
Tipu Sultan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 21:26
yes another contridiction.if you see at the site
www.jews-for-allah.org
most of the jewish converts are men.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 22:06
In my experience when people convert to get married women are more likely to become proper muslims, who study Islam in depth, but men are more likely to convert just because their wife wants them too. It does however largely depend on the person.

Otherwise, I reckon 99% of muslims do not convert in a shariah court and are unknown to authorites.
40 conversions a year is hardly worth mentioning. You can begin to talk about it when there is 40 a week.

Statistics on conversions are extremely unrealiable.

Based on the previous comments I haven't even looked at the website.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 22:50
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

And then link the two together.   Inherently unreliable statistics on an internet website.  The internet allows for one dedicated webmaster anf a few supporters to give the impression that they are a whole movement. 

I was once looked for statistics on  Moslems converts  to Evangelical Christianity.    Reliable information was very hard to come by.   Some sources gave the indication that conversions were very isolated.   Other sources indicated that there is a steady and growing number of Berber and Bedouin converts to Christianity.   

One irony....  the testimonies of a few Spanish converts to Islam seemed to claim that they were rediscovering their original and reppressed Islamic  identities from their Berber heritage.   

But.... a Christian Berber testimony that I read emphasized that the true religion of the Berbers was Christianity and that  Arab invaders pressured them into accepting Islam.  Thus she was reverting to her true faith (Christianity).    Talk about two different "reversions"  based on the same conclusionTongue.  I wonder what would happen if they met each other and discussed their faith.

Edited by Cryptic - 19-Oct-2006 at 22:57
Preobrazhenskoe View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Preobrazhenskoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 23:01
Who says Jews and Muslims can't be friends? Certainly not my friends Brian and Sherrif, a Jew and a Muslim who've been friends with each other since elementary school here in the States.

Eric

Edited by Preobrazhenskoe - 19-Oct-2006 at 23:02
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 01:03
I was once looked for statistics on  Moslems converts  to Evangelical Christianity.    Reliable information was very hard to come by.   Some sources gave the indication that conversions were very isolated.   Other sources indicated that there is a steady and growing number of Berber and Bedouin converts to Christianity.

In countries such as Morocco, Indonesia, India, Nigeria (much of Africa actually), the West, and many more Evangelical groups put huge amounts of money into attempting to convert muslims. Some US based groups even have schools specifically for training missionaries for this purpose. They meet with very little success, which leads to them blaming 'social pressures' or an 'intolerant society' to excuse themselves of pouring millions of dollars into a failed goal. Missionary activity is one of the biggest sources of anti-american senitment.
Conversions out of Islam are very rare, even in a country like Australia where there certainly aren't any social pressures.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 08:54

In countries such as Morocco, Indonesia, India, Nigeria (much of Africa actually), the West, and many more Evangelical groups put huge amounts of money into attempting to convert muslims.
Very true.   Like Islam, Chriatianity has a strong tradition of spreding the faith.

The Saudis appear to have duplicated this technique as well.   I have seen  chains of new, Saudi built Mosques in rural Africa.   These mosques were in Christian tribal villages and were by far the biggest structures in the area.    I have heard that the Saudis finance dispoportinalty large Islamic education centers in the west as well.  

[quote]
Conversions out of Islam are very rare, even in a country like Australia where there certainly aren't any social pressures.
Yes.  I wuld daresay that there is significantly more Christian to Islam converts.   But I would not totally discount the lack of success of Christian missionaries though.   

which leads to them blaming 'social pressures' or an 'intolerant society' .
Social pressure and governmental pressures do exist.  lncluding theoretical death penalties. 

Edited by Cryptic - 20-Oct-2006 at 09:28
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 18:13

In my experience when people convert to get married women are more likely to become proper muslims, who study Islam in depth, but men are more likely to convert just because their wife wants them too. It does however largely depend on the person.

Otherwise, I reckon 99% of muslims do not convert in a shariah court and are unknown to authorites.
40 conversions a year is hardly worth mentioning. You can begin to talk about it when there is 40 a week.

I would think that its the exact opposite. Woman would convert to please their husbands but maybe Im wrong.
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 18:15

[quote]

Really??Confused

How could anyone possibly know this? Seeing as how even if most Muslims did convert they certainly couldnt talk about it or announce it.
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 21:12
Originally posted by Cryptic

The Saudis appear to have duplicated this technique as well.   I have seen  chains of new, Saudi built Mosques in rural Africa.   These mosques were in Christian tribal villages and were by far the biggest structures in the area.    I have heard that the Saudis finance dispoportinalty large Islamic education centers in the west as well. 

Yes thats true. This doubles as an attempt for increase Saudi control and influence over muslim groups in non-muslim countries. The imam of my local mosque is paid for by the Saudi government. Something I don't really like or agree with.
Social pressure and governmental pressures do exist.  lncluding theoretical death penalties.

Oh for sure there is pressure, but not as much as is often made out and reported. Theoretically there shouldn't be death penalties.

Originally posted by Arch Buff

I would think that its the exact opposite. Woman would convert to please their husbands but maybe Im wrong.

Men convert to please their husbands too. Sometimes niether convert as well.

How could anyone possibly know this? Seeing as how even if most Muslims did convert they certainly couldnt talk about it or announce it.

Thats a pretty good point actually.
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 21:30
Who says Jews and Muslims can't be friends? Certainly not my friends Brian and Sherrif, a Jew and a Muslim who've been friends with each other since elementary school here in the States.

Eric

haha very nice.i like it.you seem to be like me.Big smileperhaps you can take this muslim boy as your friend.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 21:38

Originally posted by Arch Buff

Men convert to please their husbands too. Sometimes niether convert as well.

Men convert to please their husbands? Didnt know Islam promoted homo-sexuality?LOL

Just messin with ya Omar. I know you meant to say woman.
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 21:39

Men convert to please their husbands too.

why are we talking about gays Ermmas gays have no religion.Islam orders gays to be killed and i think even christaity does.

arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 22:02
I was merely joking around with Omar, he surely didnt mean to type in "men" but was meaning to type "women".

Christianity doesnt promote the killings of gays!

Gays are put to death in Islam?
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 20:08

Men convert to please their husbands? Didnt know Islam promoted homo-sexuality?LOL

Just messin with ya Omar. I know you meant to say woman.

oops, slip of the tounge there. LOL I meant to say Men convert to please their wifes too.

I'm not sure that answered your question either but. Out of men and women you convert to please their spouses, in my experience, I think women are more likely than men to then become good muslims.
Possibly because since a muslim woman should only marry a muslim man, the woman is more like to put more pressure to get the man to convert. While a muslim man can marry a christian or jewish woman anyway.

Gays are put to death in Islam?

No. I've no idea where he pulled this from.

as gays have no religion...and i think even christaity does

Ever heard of the uniting church? They have homosexual preachers.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 21-Oct-2006 at 20:18
Earl
Earl
suspended

Quote Tipu Sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 20:51

No. I've no idea where he pulled this from.

omar yes according to islam homosexuality is strictly forbidden and acording to islamic law homosexuals are to be put to death.

According to the International Lesbian and Gay Association  ILGA there are at least seven countries today which still retain capital punishment for homosexuality: Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Yemen. The situation with regard to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is unclear.

http://www.jamaat.org/qa/homo.html

let me make it clear to you  all-regarding the position of homosexuals in islam. homosexuality is strictly forbidden and its penalty is death according to islam.
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 21:42
Do you have any sources from the Koran or the hadith?

I wouldnt think that its punishable by deah, but then again conversion away from Islam is punishable by death, please correct me if Im wrong.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 21:45

Edited by Maharbbal - 21-Oct-2006 at 21:50
I am a free donkey!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>