Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favorite Ottoman Rulers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Favorite Ottoman Rulers
    Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 14:18

I am joking, dont become so naive. we know, we lost ww1. what he means is, most probably we survived until colapse of russian, If ottomans fell before rusians, we would have realy bad situation.

By the way, what I said is true. After independence war, we expand our borders at three way(east,west and south), but they dont compensate what we lost at south.

Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:17
Mehmed V resad 
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 15:20

No one mentioned II Abdlhamid, because of him we won the WWI, he let opened engineering schools, military schools, many universities, let made raillways from Istanbul till Mecca!

Because of him the Ottoman empire survived 33 years longer then expected...

This is not true. Thanks to Abdulhamid, we lost the First Balkan War, which we could have won, or at least have a less disastrous defeat, if we had the military in World War I (which was the Ittihat ve Terakki military, not Hamidiye military). Abdulhamid was paranoid, and he feared the military officers (he was right in that actually) so he oppressed everyone and kept the military weak. He didn't let the military train, and made them keep the equipment locked away.

Germans built that railroad, not him. Germans wanted to extend their influence to the East. Finally he didn't extend the life of the empire 33 years, he just stayed in power 33 years.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 16:11

Originally posted by Mortaza

By the way, what I said is true. After independence war, we expand our borders at three way(east,west and south), but they dont compensate what we lost at south.

thats not world war one though. the war of "independence" from ottoman ruel happened after world war one. it was a totally different war.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 16:18
Attaturk is my fav
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 17:10
ataturk wasnt an ottoman leader.
"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 17:32
the poor guy wanted to post smth about history for once... and you threw it in his face..! 
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 17:39
Suleyman the Magnificient...

The bloody Sultan? the least favorite (well he is not actually a favorite) for
me...
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 17:43
Originally posted by prsn41ife

wow, and these turks wonder why we say that they are learning propaganda.

instead of taking my word for it, i suggest your read on the subject of world war one yourself, from a non turkish source.

well sorry my mistake, i meand we won our independence war by him (abdulhamit).
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 17:46
Originally posted by Digenis

Mehmed V resad 
hmm why is our Digenis became so friendly? Or did you read what whas on To Vima newspaper few days ago?
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 21:20
Originally posted by DayI

Mehmed V resad 
hmm why is our Digenis became so friendly? Or did you read what whas on To Vima newspaper few days ago?

Something tells me that Mehmet V will become my favourite as well
What was on Vima newspaper? Do you know how many days ago?
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2006 at 00:34

Mhment the conquerer if my favorite, i also admire Orkhan and Bayazit I.

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 16:32

I think Muhammed II al Fatih and Bayzid I was the best Sultans in all directions even though the defeat of Ankra 1402 A.D Bayzid still a great sultan he build the real foundation of the empire and what ensure that was the quick revival after collapse.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 17:50

Mehmed V resad 
i think youre also wright, his 2 sons where brilliant soldiers, one of them even got the highest medaillon of the germans.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 17:52
Honestly my favorite is ataturk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12