Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlgerian Genocide!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Algerian Genocide!!!
    Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:21
War between PKK and Turkey

War between Algerian Independence Fighters (lets call them AKK) and France

now you see? the only difference is Algerians won, and also sustained more casualties

Not agree, or do you think we should count every one death as genocide?

Should we genocided terrorists?

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:23
I would like you Turks, to comment on that fact Turkey exports more, and not slightly more but a lot more, light weapons than France does.

Turkey exports $30,000,000 of light weapons a year, France exports $400,000 a year.

Those weapons are the ones with the highest civilian death toll. Each time France sells a boat it's hundreds of millions that are involved, so in total France sells for more money in heavy weapons, but these weapons are sold to government supposed to be responsible they are too expensive for militias and can't be lost by governments for obvious reasons. Turkey sells more rifles, machine guns, portable missile systems and grenades than France, these are the ones killing civilians by thousands and thousands in Africa and all around the world. They are the one that are involved in the highest amount of slaughter.
why do france have one of biggest army of world? for which reason? do you afraid from some country will attack you?

or will you attack some country?
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:23
Originally posted by Bulldog

Under those terms any massacre can be called a Genocide.

And it also includes "cultural genocide".

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

I do see mental but not cultural

Tiny difference isn't it? I mean I've heard about mental torture never cultural torture (well except the Begees who should be trialed and shot for genocide or earnocide).

Seriously the term cultural genocide is very unfortunate as in alterate the word genocide.

I've like the definition of genocide as the killing of members of a group. So we officially witnessed last week an Amish genocid!

Besides I wasn't creating accurate figures I was saying that there was a major difference in term of proportion (relatively at least 10 times more dead in Armenia than in Algeria and four time quicker...). Algeria was a dirty war where the Algerian civilians had more than their fair share of suffering.  But nothing to do with a Genocide.

Finally it pretty weird to me that the Algerian came up this genocide thing over forty years after the end of the war.
I am a free donkey!
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:25
And not all armenians were deported, as I said before after independence war there were 600.000 armenians at anatolia.

600,000? are you mad? so where are they now? I have not seen any mass movement of Armenian population out of Anatolia in 1923. What did they do, disguise as Greeks and then leave?

Defination dont talk about intention(and as I said before money is not better intention.) an ottoman aim was not to kill armenians because they are armenians, but to protect their land.

So according to the definition you posted, every war, ever fought in human history, which resulted in human death, is Genocide?

in the definition you posted:

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such:"

Also If I am not wrong, there were french people at algeria and I dont think algerian people know french because of no reason.

European, but mostly French, comprising 10% of the total Algerian population, number more than a million, left in 1962

Edited by mamikon - 09-Oct-2006 at 16:30
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:27
Mortaza

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Kurds who want independence and the Algerians who wanted independence?

Edited by mamikon - 09-Oct-2006 at 16:27
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:27
Originally posted by Mortaza

why do france have one of biggest army of world? for which reason? do you afraid from some country will attack you?

or will you attack some country?

Answer the question please.

Turkey spends more % wise than France otherwise.

France spends around $45,000,000,000 a year in defence and is the world 3rd biggest defence spender (after the USA and China but over UK and Russia but it is only 2,6% of the GDP. Turkey spends $12,455,000,000 but it is a frightening 5,3% of the GDP!!!!
Vae victis!
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 16:29
@Mortaza

All the people in france are gay no need for a law.
I am a free donkey!
bodrum View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 17:07

genocide is shameful. nobody will agree to be accused by crime. germans had reconised that because their were the losers of WW2.

if you want turkish peuple to reconise this lie, you must first of all beat them.
last war that we done vs frenchs was the independance war after ww1.
and that was on our territory.  and we defended our country.
France & Russia were  the provokers of the armenians . they are directly in this affair. that why they are still continuing that war. 
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 17:10
This "discussion" has lasted for 8 pages and has obviously not just led to nowhere but has gone downhill (actually since the very beginning). That is quite enough. Thread closed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678