Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlgerian Genocide!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Algerian Genocide!!!
    Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:04
Tell it to the Argentinians,they will reconsider the recognition of the Genocide!Smile
Yeah like they care much about genocide. Anyway that is realy boring.

Anyway It is also interesting what NICOLAS SARKOZY want for not accepting new law. He said, Turkey should open border with armenia, Turkey should abolish 301 law, and Turkey should accept that discussion about armenian genocide should not be done only by historians groups (what Turkey want) but also politicians.

Now I can see, why this law has zero relation with history.LOL

As for 600.000 survivors of 2.000.000....are u so proud of that?Confused Thats less than 30 % of a nation's population survived ...well done!

My friend there was 10.000.000 armenians at world, dont you think If Turkey killed most of them, they would not have as much people as greeks.(Also we should not forget armenians have one of biggest asimilation rate.)
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:05
2 millons armenians whats your source
in ottoman area 1.3 armenians living not 2 mil
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:06
Originally posted by Mortaza

My friend there was 10.000.000 armenians at world, dont you think If Turkey killed most of them, they would not have as much people as greeks.(Also we should not forget armenians have one of biggest asimilation rate.)

There were 4.5 million Armenians at the eve of WWI, over 2 million of which were living in the Ottoman Empire (there aren't even 10 million Armenians NOW!)
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:09
2 millions are u sure
please source

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:10
well so do you want to tell me, there were more armenians than greeks, and they numbered 40% of Turkey.(Turkey had 12 million people after ww1.)

did not majority of armenians live western armenia(eastern anatolia.)? Because armenian land at anatolia is much more bigger than eastern armenia.

EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:12

Incase you didn't realise, Turkey didn't exist in 1915, Turks wern't the only soldiers in the Ottoman State.

So what exactly is Turkey to accept, that Ottomans comitted a genocide, its got nothing to do with Turkey, Turkey didn't even exist.

HEeeyy my brother!!!Ayıp Ediyorsun!!!Everything is okey but this no!!!You are definetly wrong!!!They are our Fathers!!!This is not any way of the refusing _so called_ genocide!!!We dont have to use this wrong card for refuse it!!!All of the Trk history is belong to us without exception!!!
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:13
EgeTurk
HEeeyy my brother!!!Ayıp Ediyorsun!!!Everything is okey but this no!!!You are definetly wrong!!!They are our Fathers!!!This is not any way of the refusing _so called_ genocide!!!We dont have to use this wrong card for refuse it!!!All of the Trk history is belong to us without exception!!!

EgeTurk, its not a case of refuting your past. Seljuks, Karakhanids, Timurids and so on are also a part of Turkish history but to claim the battle of Talas is connected to the battle of Malazgirt is not possible.

Tukiye Cumhurriyeti, was founded in 1923, the current state was not in existance in 1915 and that's a fact. Today's Turks grand-fathers were Ottomans correct, its part of Turkish history correct but the history of the "Turkish Republic" is from 1923. The Turkish people are a continuation but the state is a new one, its like the Seljuk State its part of the Turkish people's history but its not the Ottoman state and what happened in the Seljuk State cannot be bought to the Ottoman State to be answered as they are seperate states.

Brainstorm
3 millions? Confused
when ? 1912-1923 ?

Have a read...

Death and Exile: The Ethnic Cleansing of Ottoman Muslims, 1821-1922 (Hardcover)

So lets go over France's hypocritical stand-point again.

Algeria says 1.5 million Algerians were killed in the Algerian Genocide.

French say 350,000

Algeria tells France to open archives, France doesn't.

Algeria wants France to recognise genocide and its crimes.

France says LET THE HISTORIANS DECIDE, ITS NOT A POLLITICAL MATTER, A JOINT COMISSION SHOULD BE SET UP etc etc

Then France starts pointing fingers at Turkey when Turkey says, ok Armenians were killed there were massacres but no genocide today 200,000 Armenians live in Turkey and Armenian Istanbul community was untouched and their religion establishment and Patriarch in Istanbul untouched.

Turkey opened Ottoman archives.

Turkey says LET THE HISTORIANS DECIDE, ITS NOT A POLLITICAL MATTER, A JOINT COMISSION SHOULD BE SET UP.

France is opening its own can of worms, allegations of Algerian Genocide, Rwandan Genocide,
crimes in Benin, Gabon, Chad, the America's, West Africa and so on.......

Hypocrits always get caught out as they preach one thing yet do the other. 

Edited by Bulldog - 09-Oct-2006 at 15:20
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:15
Originally posted by Bulldog

Edouard Sablier, for instance, one of the soldiers who took part in the repression, later described the situation: Everywhere in the towns there were camps surrounded by barbed wire containing hundreds of suspects who had been arrested Often, when we set out to inspect an isolated hamlet in the mountains, I heard people say, We should punish them by taking away their crops.......A paper called Oh Partisans, published by the French Trotskyists, described Stif as an Algerian Oradour. Oradour was a French town where the Nazi occupiers had murdered over 600 people, including children.

The comparison between the French in Algeria and the SS/Gestapo/nazi is as old as the Algeria War itself. Nothing new. (See La Question and La Bataille d'Alger).

Why are the French archives on the matter closed then? jeez even Turkey opened the Ottoman archives.

The french military archives are open every day except Sunday and Monday from 9am to 17pm, 1 place du fort Ivry 94300. Go and see it the place is great and the personel is nice and effective.

Algeria's indigenous population was decimated in the early years of French settler colonial rule, falling from over four million in 1830 to less than 2.5 million by 1890. Systematic genocide was coupled with the brutal suppression of Algerian cultural identity. Indigenous Algerians were French subjects, but could only become French citizens if they renounced Islam and Arab culture. A ruthless policy of acculturation followed, and the remaining Algerians were forced to cease speaking their native Arabic and use the French of their colonial masters instead. The indigenous Muslim population of Algeria was not permitted to hold political meetings or bear arms. They were subjected to strict pass laws that required indigenous Muslim Algerians to seek permission from the colonial authorities to leave their hometowns or villages.

Ahmed Ben Bella

Ahmed Ben Bella was an Algerian president and one of the most important leader of the FLN. Impressive fellow. But I'd cast some doubts on his record as historian. Or maybe in Algeria as well politicians become historians?LOL

I am a free donkey!
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:21

well so do you want to tell me, there were more armenians than greeks, and they numbered 40% of Turkey.(Turkey had 12 million people after ww1.)

did not majority of armenians live western armenia(eastern anatolia.)? Because armenian land at anatolia is much more bigger than eastern armenia.

12 millions?
 Considering that Greeks were almost 1.8 millions(1,4 incl in Laussanes treaty),and Armenians quiet the same..+counting Kurds..
this makes Turks a minority in "Turkey's motherland" and independence war -"independence" war.
Interesting....

anyway..believe me,this try of reducing the percentage of armenian killed  sounds really pathetic.what if was 70% or 50% or 30% ?Isnt a genocide?

Anyway...just follow Germany.Thats a good example for u.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:22

The massacres and displacements that occurred between 1895 and 1915 removed nearly all the Armenian population in the Turkish part of historical Armenia. In 1965 the Soviet Union estimated that 3.2 million Armenians lived in all its republics.

So we have 3.2 million people at 1965, and we should not forget that this 3.2 million people consist some immigrants that fleed from Turkey.

1988 Armenia's population declined by 176,000, reversing a trend over the previous decade of average population growth of 1.5 percent per year. According to the 1989 census, the population of Armenia was about 3,288,000, an increase of 8 percent from the 1979 census figure. An official estimate in 1991 put the population at 3,354,000, an increase of 2 percent since 1989. In 1989 Armenians were the eighth largest nationality in the former Soviet Union, totaling 4,627,000. At that time, only about twothirds of the Armenians in the Soviet Union lived in Armenia.

As you see there are 4.6 million armenians at 1989.

The number of Armenians living in other countries, primarily France, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, and the United States, has been estimated at between 3 million and 9 million.

And as you see, at same time there were at least 3 million armenians at other states.

So we have 4.6 million people at Russia.(Including immigrants that fleed from Turkey.) and we have another 3 million( at least) people who live out side of Russia.

So when 2.5(east armenian) million people becomed 4.6 million (In Russia), 0.5 million people becomed 3 million.( At other states.)

dont you think there is something wrong here?

As I said before armenians have one of biggest asimilation rate, and eastern armenians include a lot immigrants from anatolia.

Demographically what you said cannot be true.

source?

an armenian page.

Anyway this is not about armenian genocide. If you want to discuss topic, we should open another topic.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:25

I'm not talking about after WWI. After WWI there were only a few thousand Armenians in Turkey (mostly in Istanbul). Before WWI, there were over 2 million, most of them living east of the Euphrates.

Yes. Ottoman Empire and Russian Empire had almost equal number of Armenians living in them. However, a significant number of Armenians in the Russian Empire didn't live in Erivan (the province...basically modern Armenia), but in other parts of the Russian Empire. In the Ottoman Empire, most Armenians lived in east Anatolia.

Originally posted by bleda

2 millions are u sure
please source

If you check the Ottoman census of 1844 there were 2.4 million Armenians recorded living in the empire. This number went down because of the Abdul-Hamidian massacres of 1895-96 (almost a quarter of a million Armenians were massacred, but it was not genocide, because the aim was not to kill or deport all Armenians, unlike in 1915).

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:27

So lets go over France's hypocritical stand-point again.

Algeria says 1.5 million Algerians were killed in the Algerian Genocide.

French say 350,000

Hypocrits always get caught out as they preach one thing yet do the other. 

For the figures see my first post 1.5 m in 132 years, AMONG whom 350,000 the last 8 years.

While I recongnize the French government position on this matter is far from perfect (very far even), I don't understand why the hell there couldn't be both a Genocide in Armenia and several massacres in Algeria?

I mean different times different place, different figures. Both are not linked except in the mind of some opportunistic politicians.

Finally what's wrong with you Bulldog you tend to see French comitting genocides at every corner of the planet.
I am a free donkey!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:28
12 millions?
 Considering that Greeks were almost 1.8 millions(1,4 incl in Laussanes treaty),and Armenians quiet the same..+counting Kurds..
this makes Turks a minority in "Turkey's motherland" and independence war -"independence" war.
Interesting....
This is a formal counting not a vague estimation, and even now Turks at Turkey is like 75%. So you are right about your ideas, If you include kurds and other minorities, we had not majority.

anyway..believe me,this try of reducing the percentage of armenian killed  sounds really pathetic.what if was 70% or 50% or 30% ?Isnt a genocide?

You totally missunderstood me. What I want to say is, Ottoman aim was not to kill all armenians, but to protect their lands. (If a genocide is genocide because of aim, ottoman aim was not to kill all armenians.)

If what Ottomans did is genocide, so what france did.  percentage is not important.

Both ottomans and france had different reason to kill people. One reason is money other is land?

Anyway...just follow Germany.Thats a good example for u.

Infact germany did not only genocided jews but also gypsies(poles, serbs?. Why do you think germany still does not accepted a law about gypsies.

Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:29
STOP TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN ARMENIAN MASS MURDER/GENOCIDE THE THREAD IS GOING TO BE CLOSED AND IT WOULD BE TOO BAD BECAUSE I'M ENJOYING EVERYBODY'S BAD FAITH VERY MUCH!

ARMENIAN JUST BY PM
I am a free donkey!
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:30
The french military archives are open every day except Sunday and Monday from 9am to 17pm, 1 place du fort Ivry 94300.

Algeria accuses France of keeping archives on this matter closed.

Maharbbal
Ahmed Ben Bella was an Algerian president and one of the most important leader of the FLN. Impressive fellow. But I'd cast some doubts on his record as historian. Or maybe in Algeria as well politicians become historians?

Maybe they're taking note from French polliticians some of who already  think they're proffessional historians turning parliment into the French version of historical events contest.LOL

ArmenianSurvival
After WWI there were only a few thousand Armenians in Turkey (mostly in Istanbul).
ArmenianSurvival
There are only 30,000 Armenians in Turkey today.
Shocked

The Armenian community in Istanbul was never touched and never gave wide support to Dashneks. There are between 100-200,000 Armenian in Istanbul, Armenian schools, churches and the Armenian Patriarch set up by Fatih II the Conquerer in Istanbul.

Marhabbal
While I recongnize the French government position on this matter is far from perfect (very far even), I don't understand why the hell there couldn't be both a Genocide in Armenia and several massacres in Algeria?

Mortaza summed this up perfectlly

Marhabbal

I don't understand why the hell there couldn't be both a Genocide in Armenia and several massacres in Algeria.

Mortaza
I don't understand why the hell there couldn't be both a Genocide in Algeria and several massacres in Armenia.

Edited by Bulldog - 09-Oct-2006 at 15:47
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:31

I don't understand why the hell there couldn't be both a Genocide in Armenia and several massacres in Algeria.

I don't understand why the hell there couldn't be both a Genocide in Algeria and several massacres in Armenia.
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:32

WHAT WAS THE DEMOGRAPHIC DATA BEFORE AND AFTER RELOCATION?

The Armenian committee members always distort and exaggerate the facts about Armenian population before and after the Relocation Implementation. They try to create a basis for their false claims by using war records, official records, church statistics and, reports of foreign missionaries. Some of numbers that is given about the Armenian population in the Ottoman territories are sometimes exceed to the total Armenian population of the Diaspora.

Armenian Population before the Relocation:

There are many different claims about Armenian population in the Ottoman territories; some figures are as follow:

1.British Annual Register 1917               1.056.000 (1)

2.Patriarch Ormanyan                            1.579.000 (2)

3.The Armenian historian Kevork Aslan  1.800.000 (3) (In �Armenia and Armenians�, Aslan states the Armenian population in Anatolia 920.000, in Clicia (Adana, Sis, Maras) 180.000, in the other Ottoman territories 700.000, total 1.800.000)

4.German Priest Johannes Lepsius       1.600.000 (4)

5.Cuinet                                                            1.045.018 (5)

6.The French Yellow Book                       1.475.011 (6)

7.The Armenian historian Basmajian    2.280.000 (7)

8.Patriarch Nerses Varjabedyan              1.150.000 (8)

Official Ottoman census statistics are as follows:                            

The Ottoman Directory of Statistics was founded in 1892 The first director of the branch was Nuri Bey. Between 1892-1897 a Jewish Ottoman, Fethi Franco was appointed for the duty. From 1897 until 1903, an Armenian director was in charge, called Migirdic Shabanyan. Later, Mr. Robert an American was appointed (1903-1908). Between, 1908-1914 Mehmet Behic was the general director. (9)

As it is seen, in a very chaotic period when the Ottoman government was facing with the Armenian Issue on the international arena, the Ottoman Statistics were under the control of foreigners. At this point, the Ottoman statistics should be considered as the most objective documents about the Armenian population living in Ottoman territories.

* Ottoman census statistics for 1893            1.001.465

* Ottoman census statistics for 1906            1.120.748

* Ottoman census statistics for 1914            1.221.850 (10)

An evaluation of the three sources clarifies that, during the First World War, the Armenian population in the Ottoman territories was approximately 1.250.000.

The numbers of the Armenians, subjected to relocation was controlled from their departure until their arrival, between June 9, 1915 and February 8, 1916. The figures below are taken from pertinent Ottoman documents (11):

Adana (2)

15-16.000

Ankara (Central)(3)

Aydin(4)

-

Birecik(5)

-

Diyarbakir(6)

-

Drtyol(7)

-

Erzurum(8)

-

Eskisehir(9)

-

Giresun(10)

-

Grele

-

Aleppo(11)

-

Haymana(12)

-

Izmir(13)

-

Izmit(14)

-

Kal�acik(15)

-

Karahisari sahib(16)

2nd 222

Kayseri(17)    

Keskin

-

Kirsehir(18)

-

Konya(19)

-

Ktahya(20)

-

Mamuretlaziz(21)

Maras(22)      

-

Nallihan          

-

Ordu

-

Persembe

-

Sivas(23)        

Sungurlu          

Srmene         

Tirebolu          

Trabzon(24)

Ulubey

Yozgat(25)

TOTAL

Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:32

Then France starts pointing fingers at Turkey when Turkey says, ok Armenians were killed there were massacres but no genocide today 200,000 Armenians live in Turkey and Armenian Istanbul community was untouched and their religion establishment and Patriarch in Istanbul untouched.

There are only 30,000 Armenians in Turkey today.

The number of Armenians living in other countries, primarily France, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, and the United States, has been estimated at between 3 million and 9 million.

And as you see, at same time there were at least 3 million armenians at other states.

Same time as what? If you're talking about WWI, thats very wrong. There were only couple of hundred thousand Armenians living outside Ottoman Empire and Russian Empire before WWI. It was only AFTER the "relocations" that there were millions of Armenians abroad.

As I said before armenians have one of biggest asimilation rate, and eastern armenians include a lot immigrants from anatolia.

Do you mean to say we assimilate faster than other groups? Whats your source for this? Armenian communities are in Jerusalem since the 5th century, in Italy since medieval times, in Iraq since God knows when, and they still speak the language and call themselves Armenian. If anything, we have a slower assimilation rate than other groups...look at how many cultures died out since Armenia was first founded.

edit: don't respond to me in this thread...I'm out.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival - 09-Oct-2006 at 15:34

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:37
Same time as what? If you're talking about WWI, thats very wrong. There were only couple of hundred thousand Armenians living outside Ottoman Empire and Russian Empire before WWI. It was only AFTER the "relocations" that there were millions of Armenians abroad.

I am talking about 1989, as webpage said. It is an armenian page, and you will see It support armenian side about genocide argument.

Do you mean to say we assimilate faster than other groups? Whats your source for this?

armenians, If you look an armenian forum, you will see armenians complain about assimilation rate. They call it as white genocide. I have not much interest about asimilation rate of armenians. What I learnt is from armenian forums.

edit: to late.Big smile

Edited by Mortaza - 09-Oct-2006 at 15:38
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 15:45
Are there any non-Turkish sources that accuse France of Genocide?

Also, has Turkey published anything regarding the massacres in Algeria?

Edited by mamikon - 09-Oct-2006 at 15:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>