Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlgerian Genocide!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Algerian Genocide!!!
    Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 05:27
Mixcoatl ; my friend ;
First of all , it is futile to call educated people BRAINWASHED .
Why always we are admitted to be brainwashed ? And you guyz  just know what is true and what is not , right ?
THANK GOD , We do not need to be advised by your professors ; LoL .
Secondly ;
We are Turkish Nationalists , however , All of Turkish nationalist are taught to be honest , after than he/she might discuss the ideas with others .
IF You are not that literate , please never take me a collocutor .

Respectfully .
BTW : Please stop naming other thesis with , " Ignorancy , Brainwashed propaganda " ...etc  
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 05:31
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Ankara should stay quite as the French government is their best ally in their bid for the EU.

Dude, I have farily short time so I will not be able to answer all of your points.

But..I wonder......are you for real?LOL

I mean it was THE DOMINANT CLASS in France who always tried to hinder the Turkish accession to the EU..It  has always beenthe dominant class in  France who tries to bring the issues of Cyprus and Armenian allegations before Turkey.

and isnt it the dominant class in France who says that it will hold referendum so that Turkey can not join the EU?

BrO, You foind the oposition of Ankara disgusting.... But I, in the name of humanity, find the position of Paris ultra-disgusting.... No only became they are hostile to Turkey on every occasion, but the dominant class in Paris is clealy paving the way for making French and Turkish human beings enemies..

back to the thread, I think healing the past wounds will always be painful...

But this historical evidence shows us that at elat France has no moral authority to lecture the  others

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 05:47
Originally posted by Mordoth

Mixcoatl ; my friend ;
First of all , it is futile to call educated people BRAINWASHED .

Unfortunately it isn't. Dozens of insane and totalitarian regimes have been supported by intelligent people for example.

Why always we are admitted to be brainwashed ? And you guyz  just know what is true and what is not , right ?

We don't have laws that forbid people to have an opinion about a historical subject (holocaust denial laws in the Netherlands only apply to holocaust denial in cobination with stirring up hatred, 'just' denying the holocaust isn't even illegal).

You've probably heard about the incident where 3 candidates of Turkish origin for the uncoming Dutch elections were removed from the lists of the social democrat and christian demot parties because they denied the genocide. As was to be expected there was a Turkish outrage about this. Turkish protesters claim it violated their freedom of speech, which is a ridiculous statement for two reasons:
1. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Parties are allowed to put whoever they like on their candidate lists. Nobody has ever been or will ever be prosecuted in the Netherlands for denying the Armenian Genocide.
2. I don't think Turkey is in a position to complaing about freedom of speech when in Turkey people are prosecuted for admitting there was a genocide.

We are Turkish Nationalists , however , All of Turkish nationalist are taught to be honest , after than he/she might discuss the ideas with others .

Denying all misdeeds by your own country while continuously blaming other countries for their misdeeds is not honest.

If you can't deal with history, then don't go to a history forum.
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 05:59
No , no , do not deflect the issue , neither Turkiye nor France has totalitarian governments , we 're discussing about 2 secularist - law based Social Republician states here .

European on other christian local people of Middle East is generally based on to seperate Turkiye into small pieces . Like they did that to Ottomans .
Remind that ? They achieved that year by year . Unfortunately , those games could be played in the blood - bath of Imperialists and we 're used to such a rhethorical and ridiculous tales .
Speech is double standarts ... We see that ...

I do not blame others , I condemn those who slander ours .
That 's it , i know how to discuss in a historical manner , but none of you are capable to come and debate about the Turkish facts .
When we bring doc.s ; you call it " Lie , Brainwashed ...etc "
I really wander what is gonna happen whether Turks were Christians and Armenians were muslims ... Who 's gonna be prosecuted ( slandered ) ?
OF course , Muslims ... 
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 06:11

No , no , do not deflect the issue , neither Turkiye nor France has totalitarian governments , we 're discussing about 2 secularist - law based Social Republician states here .

I never said they are totalitarian, I only used it as an example against your argument the intelligent people can't be brainwashed.

European on other christian local people of Middle East is generally based on to seperate Turkiye into small pieces . Like they did that to Ottomans .
Remind that ? They achieved that year by year . Unfortunately , those games could be played in the blood - bath of Imperialists and we 're used to such a rhethorical and ridiculous tales .

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying here.

I do not blame others , I condemn those who slander ours .

You don't? Well, this looks like it:

RECOGNIZE IT , YOU Censored ....
FIRST , CLEAN THE FILTH OF YER GARDEN , AND THEN SHALL ALL OF YOU TRY TO CLEAN others' ...

That 's it , i know how to discuss in a historical manner , but none of you are capable to come and debate about the Turkish facts .
When we bring doc.s ; you call it " Lie , Brainwashed ...etc "

You're avoiding my arguments here. Turkish nationalists are usually the first ones to blame other countries, why they don't want to hear anything about misdeeds done by Turks (in the present or past). They also accuse others of violating freedom of speech where no freedom of speech is violated, ignoring political processes in Turkish.

I really wander what is gonna happen whether Turks were Christians and Armenians were muslims ... Who 's gonna be prosecuted ( slandered ) ?
OF course , Muslims ... 

I'm an atheist, to me all religions are the same, so why would I care about the victims christians or muslims. If the victims are christians, muslims, hindus, jedis or atheists doesn't interest me. If you would search a bit around here, you may find out that I have several times repeatedly the Israeli behavior against Palestineans, who are most definately muslims.

Besides, I could say exactly the same about you concerning the algerian massacres: if the victims weren't muslims you wouldn't have cared about it.
mermaid View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 06:17

Mordoth...Do not even lose your time on an Armenian.It's not worth you know...Better talk to a wall,it makes more sense !!!Let them call it genocide or whatever as it will not change anything for us...
These people can only talk but do nothing..If they want to live in the past,let them live...I wonder what they will talk about 50 years later???
   Anyway my last word...if they were a little bit smart,their people in armenia wouldn't be eating their shoes for lunch!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 06:24
Originally posted by mermaid

Mordoth...Do not even lose your time on an Armenian.

Which Armenian?

If they want to live in the past,let them live...

If we're starting to generalize... Talking about 'living in the past', you mean like those Turkish nationalists we see here calling every steppe general that lived millennia ago Turkish, even while such identifiers didn't even exist back then?

Anyway my last word...if they were a little bit smart,their people in armenia wouldn't be eating their shoes for lunch!!!

Ah, so 90 years later Anti-Armenian racism is still rampant

Edited by Mixcoatl - 09-Oct-2006 at 06:26
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 07:07
This is not history, this is current affairs. Nothing but politics, and how nice to see that most just sit up and wag their tails when the politicians speak.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 07:13
I'm just shock that some of us openly declare themselves as nationalists when we know what kind of horror it brought to the world...

Just to celebrate France on last time (ok I'm a bite nationalist as well but I'm tryingh hard to cure it, it is more intellectual leazyness actually) this december France didn't celebrate the major Napoleon's victory at Austerlitz because Nap's ideology was antithetic with the Republic. I think more countries should do the same: not celebrate insaine slaughter or dead imperialistic dreams.

I am a free donkey!
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 08:07
Marhabbal
Good joke unfortunately for you I know perfectly the story and I'd suggest you to reconsider your position. If you consider the Barbarossa brothers and the other Turkish Gazis were welcomed in North Africa, you should read the way they've taken Algier by force and beheaded some of the most influencial chiefs of the area...

In case you forgot Barbaross was invited by the Algerians to battle against the Spanish and French, they weren't a Colony, Algeria was not colonised, it was not culturally forced to change, Algerians caried on being Algerians.

Algers was not taken by force, would you stop trying to re-invent history.

Well proud or not it is still colonization...

Go find out what Colonization means before throwing such words around.

For the law you're right this law WAS disgusting. It had been canceled.

Cancelled? there still pushing for its recognition, if they get the chance they'd implement it tomorrow and teach about how glorious their "colonialism" was to little Algerian, North African and other African kids

For the colony this is a stupid comment. Belgium had only one and they killed one million people.

They killed a million Africans so oooh that's fine, lets forget about it.

Another case of hypocrasy and double-standards.

Mamikon
France was not intent on killing all the muslims of Algiers...

Since when did you become the expert, in areas they were intent of killing all Muslims to wipe out any form of resistance.

In the 30's 2 million 345 thousand hectars of land was taken from Algerians and given to European settlers a large chunk of which was free of charge, from every 6 Algerians one was killed.

Its not restricted to Algeria.

Look at what happened in Chad, 400 Leaders, Representatives and wise men killed in a single night, the kingdom of Chad taken over, all Mosques closed, Medresse's destroyed, a whole nation torn apart, massacres, mass-arrests, a colonial clampdown.

In Gabon, turning it into a slave port of human traficing and suffering.

What about the role of the French in the Ruwandan Genocide? many say France should be directly charged as being one of the parties responsible for it occuring.

I could carry on and on, what I'm highlighting is that France is in no position to jump on a moral high horse and start parading around telling other countries that they need to adress their history while France is the one who should sort out her own issues first before attacking others.

Leonadis
your right, germany is the country which others can learn from in my mind, it has faced and acccepted its ugly past.

Todayy you rarely hear, Germans comitted a Genocide, its always "Nazi's" did it, the Nazi's comitted the genocide, not all German people supported this or participated, ofcourse its also true.

However, when talking about Turkey, they say "TURKS" comitted Genocide, "TURKEY" did it and "TURKEY" must adress its past.

The reality is, nobody from that time is alive today, in that era they were OTTOMANS, it was the OTTOMAN STATE, there was no TURKEY, Turkey is a seperate entity which was founded in 1923.

Leonadis
as i am entitled to mine. Your a member that holds the british empire in a glory light in other threads but ready to jump up and down about the french?

Ok, lets make a comparison.

Look at ex-English Colonies

U.S.A, Canada, India, Australia.....

Now look at ex-French Colonies

Algeria, Benin, Burkino-Faso, Senegal, Chad, Cameroon, Gabon.....

It doesn't take a genius to work out, what-ever crimes the Brittish may have comitted they also did and have benefited those countries aswell and many of them are today either Super-Powers, developing powers or countries with some hope.

Now look at ex-French Colonies, there is no infastructure, no railways, state education systems teaching people their own native languages and so on. Many are third-world, totally exploited and had most of their intellects and leaders wiped out leaving them with little hope for the future.

The two are in-comparable, you can critisice the Brittish all you like, there will be points I'll agree on however, one has to be honest and objective and the reality is, Brittish Colonialism had a far better effect then French Colonialism.

Leonadis
Either way it is how they handle their own past that really seperates them. So really the question should be; Which states actaully ban the word 'genocide' for being used for certain parts of its own past and inprison members of its press and writers for expressing such views? i can say its not france

Saying a Genocide occured is not an arrestable offense, Orhan Pamuk was not arrested, put on trial or imprisoned, he didn't say there was a Genocide either he said massacres.

Its actually going to become an arrestable offense in France.

So whose got more freedom of expression?

Leonadis
geez we all know that everyone has right to finger point, but what your point? its doesnt seem to be about the Algerains or bloody european emperialism. I see politics, the type used by the turkish foriegn ministry and some very sad and immature point scoring

Not at all, Turkey didn't start this, it didn't cause this, France is being immature and pointing fingers and causing this whole scene.

Algeria is an ally of Turkey, it has asked Turkey to accept the Algerian Genocide, why shouldn't Turkey accept it as France has done to her about the Armenians. France put Turkey in this position, Turkey is justified in its actions now.

Leonadis
Turkey can get nothing out of this

Oh but your mistaken.

Not only Turkey but a large chunk of the world could get alot out of this.

French Colonialism only ended fifty or so years ago, people are still alive who witnessed it.

Countries, impovrished and exploited in Africa can file international law-suits against France demanding compensation and apologies.

Even Turkey can file complaints about WW1 War Crimes commited agains Turks in the French invasion.

For too long Turkey has just kept silent because of its EU aspirations, people now are fed up, EU support is below 40% the road to EU is more important than joining it.

What happened in Algeria was definately horrible, should be condemned, and France has not sufficiently dealt with it, but I'm getting pretty sick of people whose blind nationalism makes them deny or minimize all misdeeds done by their country in the past, while they continuously going around pointing their finger to other countries.

You've given a great description of exactly what France's official policy is.

Minimlise all its own crimes and go around pointing fingers at others.

Its France that began all this, so France shouldn't be suprised to get a mouthfull of its own medicene!

Mixcoatl
If all you want to do here is to say how great Turks were and how bad others

But who here has said this? who? what's all these accusations and defensive attitude about.

Nobody is sitting here claiming Turkey to be the Angels of the world.

Nobody has denied there were Armenians who were massacred and that the Ottoman State in its last years comitted injustices, that the Turkish state has had a bad policy regarding Kurds in the past.

Were just exposing France's deep rooted prejeduce, double-standards and hypocracisy.

Turkey isn't perfect, neither is France, so who is France to start telling Turkey to accept this and that when it doesn't even adress its own issues first.

Mahrbbal
I'm just shock that some of us openly declare themselves as nationalists when we know what kind of horror it brought to the world...

Just to celebrate France on last time (ok I'm a bite nationalist as well

What an ironic statement, condemning some for being open about their Nationalist tendancies while admitting your also Nationlist yourself.

One rule for some and another for others.

Edited by Bulldog - 09-Oct-2006 at 08:09
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 08:14
Originally posted by Bulldog

Mahrbbal

Just to celebrate France on last time (ok I'm a bite nationalist as well

What an ironic statement, condemning some for being open about their Nationalist tendancies while admitting your also Nationlist yourself.

One rule for some and another for others.

Not at all. Why didn't you quote the whole sentence instead of snipping of the important part? This is called distortion and is extremely bad form.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 08:17
Being Patriotic, loving your country and people isn't a crime.

Being an ignorant, racist, biggot who must attack others, try to bring them down so they feel superior to them however, is an ugly human trait.    
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 08:42
LOL mermaid !!!
Do not you even insult to walls stand beyond the gates .
I won't loose time of course ; because i know how a clean background my nation has .
Proud to be Turk , Forevermore .

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 08:48
Mordoth ofcourse you can be proud to be a Turk but it shouldn't let you be blind to the reality that nobody has a crystal clear history, everyone has comitted some crime in the past its human nature.

The issue being underlined here, is France taking this approach, acting as the moralistic leader of all that is good because its such an angelic country with such a clear guiltless past and thinking it can tell everybody else what to do.

Don't reply to their double-standards, prejecude and hypocrasisy by doing what they try to do by pretending thier all good and Turks are all bad.

Albert Pine

Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 09:13
Bulldog ; First of all , you are absolutely true , but tell me a single nation WHO HA SNOT FOUGHT till their life-long period ... Please tell me one .

YEah , We , Turks-Bosniaks commited to strike for hundreds of Thousands of times maybe ; but it seems None of Our friends has seen the EXILE and EXPEL of Balcan Turks by Serbians-Greeks and other wannabe - independant states of late 19th century .
Who watched that ? I 'll give a link ; and may be my Turkish friends could see that thou .
WATCH THAT ; WE BOSNIAKs CALL there " MASLINI SOKAK " ( KAnli Sokak ) ( Bloody Street )

OKAY , AND NEVER CANALIZE ME TO SHOW You DOCUMENTS OF FRENCH GUINEA - JAVAS of Dutch-French and CONGO ... Algiers is on the other side . These are the forgotten .

Edited by Mordoth - 09-Oct-2006 at 09:15
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 09:45

Bulldog ; First of all , you are absolutely true , but tell me a single nation WHO HA SNOT FOUGHT till their life-long period ... Please tell me one .

YEah , We , Turks-Bosniaks commited to strike for hundreds of Thousands of times maybe ; but it seems None of Our friends has seen the EXILE and EXPEL of Balcan Turks by Serbians-Greeks and other wannabe - independant states of late 19th century .

first is out of the topic
and second these are unsubstantiated accusations you have to prove these otherwise  is just pure propaganda as usual (as concerns for the Greeks).

Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 09:49
The term Genocide here is misused since there was no will of erase the Algerian ethnicity from the face of earth. The figure of 1,5 million is Algerian, is considered totaly overstimated by all independant sources, and the Algerians themselves don't want that to be recognised as genocide, the Turks do (because France recognised the Armenian Genocide). The most common sources, French, internationals and even the older Algerian ones were of 300,000 to 350,000 casualties which includes the Algerians killed by Algerians themselves. Please don't quote a populist clown like the current Algerian president on this, it's like quoting W. Bush on the war in Iraq, it kills all credibility.

The term Genocide of Algerian identity is a dangerous misuse of the term Genocide. Genocide strictly refers to the systematic extermination of a population of a specific ethnicity. There is no genocide on cultural identity. Only populist speech. There are only a very few amount of recognised genocide in history, the Holocaust (which has set the definition), the Armenian Genocide (please don't say "so called"), the one in Rwanda (for which you could indeed blame for passive support) and the ones in Bosnia. If you go further back in time what happened in Tasmania is also a good example of Genocide.

Overall, the French occupation of Algeria was brutal and deserves to be recognised, but everyone, even in France, knows and and admit the slaughters that happaned. Only some older people still rejects the idea, eventually there will be an official declaration on the matter one day. I think, our president should make formal apologies and set a couple of landmarks, one in France and one in Algeria, to commemorate the event. This would eventually ease the reliationship between the two countries and just because we worth doing so I think.
Vae victis!
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 09:58
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

I don't think France intended to wipe out all Algerians, so horrible as it was, it was not a genocide.

Exactly, the massacres were horrible and large in scale (yet nothing to be compared to what happened to the Armenians). But no policy of systematic cleaning.

So the difference is:

Turkey doesn't want to recognise a Genocide that is one and call it massacre and goes as far as putting a taboo on it and jailing people for insult to the Turkish nation.

France doesn't want to recognise a genocide that is not one and call it a massacre, which it is and doesn't go as far as putting a taboo on it, you won't be fined nor sued for calling it a genocide which has happened even in serious and well followed newspapers.
Vae victis!
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 10:08
Originally posted by Exarchus

The term Genocide here is misused since there was no will of erase the Algerian ethnicity from the face of earth. The figure of 1,5 million is Algerian, is considered totaly overstimated by all independant sources, and the Algerians themselves don't want that to be recognised as genocide, the Turks do (because France recognised the Armenian Genocide). The most common sources, French, internationals and even the older Algerian ones were of 300,000 to 350,000 casualties which includes the Algerians killed by Algerians themselves. Please don't quote a populist clown like the current Algerian president on this, it's like quoting W. Bush on the war in Iraq, it kills all credibility.
Sir ?
You say overestimation ? 300.000 escalated to 1.5 million which is 5 times more ! How dare could a simple human could be cheated such like that ?
Algerians have Turkish blood within themselves , that's why they've resisted unlike other traitor arabs and MANY OF ITS POPULATIONS , indigenious TOUAREGs are even sent to Concentration Camps . France also HAD THE FIRST CONCENTRATION CAMP in WW 1 to collect Ottoman citizens in it .

2nd words in bold ...
Algerian Parliament has Thanked for such a gentle movement and An Algerian boulevard-newspaper's headline: " TURKISH PARLIAMENT SHALL PROTECT THE ALGERIAN HONOR . " 
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2006 at 10:20
I have a question for Turkish forumers.

If Europeans (and especially French Big smile ) are so ugly, dirty and bad, as you seem to think, why do you want to join them in EU?

Europe doesn't need Turkey, why do you think that Turkey need to join EU?

Edited by Leonardo - 09-Oct-2006 at 10:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>