Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anybody know how to use mIRC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anybody know how to use mIRC?
    Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 22:59
I am trying to set up a channel for me and my friends to use on mIRC and I want to register my channel so that it will always be there for us so I googled a thing on ChanServ and found these sites which have all the same things for it and whenever I put the commands in from the instructions it doesn't do anything so does anybody know how to actually get my channel registered and all that?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 13:05

mIRC? hmm.. it's been 5 millions years ago since i use that..LOL

register a channel.. as i can remember.. u need to register ur nick first then only u can register for a channel..

or just type /chanserv help (if i can remember correctly).. or just grab one of the IRCOP and ask this... tht's the easiest way...

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 13:10
It looks lie you are a young follower. I was using irc.

And I remember nothing except, a greek named tsimb.I harassed him million times.LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 14:31

I wonder whether mIRC offer those services we use in a messenger prog e.g: Yahoo and MSN nowadays...? Does it have all those cam and other facilities

Cause long time dont use that... I dont knw how the latest features they have and all....

All i knw it's a boring way to communicate ...

Edited by cahaya - 04-Oct-2006 at 14:32
Desimir View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote Desimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 15:06
Skype ruuuuules.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 22:12
nah its all just text and I think you can send files aswell tho I mainly wanted to do it as most of you would know large multi conversations on msn give out heaps of lag even on my 100mps satellite modem so it was just a way for us all to have large multi conversations and invite new friends in without all the lag.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 09:02
mIRC does lag as other chat progs do
and there's a time where it cant be access at all....
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 10:23

I found out where I was going wrong, I didn't know different servers had different things for it and the server I was planning on using didn't allow you to register channels.

The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2006 at 17:16
Forget about these "irc" - strange chats, use ICQ.
 Post Reply Post Reply