Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Medieval total war 2**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Medieval total war 2**
    Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:19
Richard arrives as a family member of the Kingdom of Jersualem sadly. It would have been more fun if he arrived as an independent upstart faction, and with a trigger to leave after 3 years. But even with that it is still great to have a good general especially when Salah ad-Din surrounds the kingdom within ten years.

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2008 at 17:50
Ya...i was disappointed bout that. Oh well. Tongue
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 12:10
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Very much agreed there about Sicilian Vespers - it is such an improvement over the original in so many ways.
Yes, it is a great mod. It does not seem that popular given the relative lack of activity in the twc forums.

Anyways, I am just a few years in to the Broken crescent campaign as well.
Copperknickers View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Copperknickers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 22:34
And Europa Barbarorum 2 is in progress
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2008 at 04:12
Has anyone been able to play MTW2 on a laptop?  I bought a brand new laptop that has all of the required specs and it will not let me keep playing.  Every time I enter a custom battle, the screen freezes and my laptop locks up.  It is so frustrating! Cry
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 10:30
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Has anyone been able to play MTW2 on a laptop?  I bought a brand new laptop that has all of the required specs and it will not let me keep playing.  Every time I enter a custom battle, the screen freezes and my laptop locks up.  It is so frustrating! Cry

What kind of processor you have? Afaik MTW2 had issues with AMD.

I play it on laptop and it runs smoothly.
Asus manufacture, Intel Dual Core, 2 G RAM, ATI X1600 256MB.

Edited by Roberts - 06-Mar-2008 at 10:33
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 22:56
I have a Amd 64 x2 and it runs fine on my laptop
kafkas View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote kafkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 23:39
Broken Crescent is definitely my favorite mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346

The Christian nations are the Eastern Roman Empire, Armenia, and Georgia in case anyone is wondering. There is one pagan faction being the Kypchak Turks, and one Hindu faction. The rest are Muslim factions.

Every faction is really unique, I like it a lot..

Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 18:25
ahh I just Got Rome after I got Medieval II I would have to go with Rome. The Greek Phalanx order that I use works every time against the Romans
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2008 at 19:03
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

I just tried to download the game on my laptop, not even two hours ago. It turns out I can't even play MTW2 on my laptop because it needs a 1.1 graphics card, or something along those lines.
What is the officer problem?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2008 at 00:51
If you have ever played a game from the total war series then you will not be complaining about such things like poor ai. Yes there may be flaws but they just add to the beauty of the series that gets easier as time passes. Empire is going to be a walkover.

Edited by Balian - 22-Mar-2008 at 00:52
Sergeant113 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Sergeant113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 04:06
Do you guys know the link where i can download Broken Crescent mod? I've been searching on the net, but i's been futile. I'm playing a cracked version of Medieval 2 total war. Does it mean i can't play this Broken Crescent mod?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2008 at 05:52
From what some people have been saying is that you can play it without an authentic version. That, however may be true or not. I have a Steam version and used to be able to play any mod fine. I have un-installed it for the meanwhile however.
Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2008 at 14:03
This game just rocks... pity it's very time consuming and I am not a millionaire. 
Sergeant113 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Sergeant113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 04:40
Trust me, this game rocks harder with the mini mods, adding realistic ( relatively) combat, archery, animations, and strategic movements,... I'm waiting for Basileos (the bulgarslayer emperor) mod and Tsardoms mod (concentrating on the Balkan peninsula and Anatolia)  ,  promising mods for Byzantine lovers.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 05:23
Originally posted by Efraz

This game just rocks... pity it's very time consuming and I am not a millionaire. 

LOL

I uninstalled it due to lack of time lately. It is a decent game though with modifications.
Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:29
uhm? I've never used mini mods before? Do they only manipulate the looks? Or they tweak the mechanics also? Or map maybe? 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:54
Depending on which you choose. Google Total War Forums.
Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 18:57
Then some of them do tweak the mechanics eh? Interesting. I will thanks.
BTW GS is champs again congrats :)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2008 at 19:18

Edited by es_bih - 16-May-2008 at 19:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>