Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Medieval total war 2**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Medieval total war 2**
    Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 07:04
Does anyone know a good Mod for MII TW
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 16:37
Nope...I do not dl mods....I can make my own. Wink
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 20:57
Make me one that multiplies the provinces, changes the units to be more historical, ... Wink

I have downloaded the Sicilian Vespers mod, but I have purchased, and use M2TW through Steam, and have had problems starting the mod once installed. It uses a MS-Dos starter for some reason, and I have had problems starting it up.

I have been using the Regions and Provinces mod, which improves the game play significantly by adding more provinces, and proper titles, and heraldry. However, the Sicilian Vespers mod seems much more intricate, and accurate.

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 21:04
I can try...but I make my own worlds. Fantasy worlds, my novels are put into M2. Just give me a historical date and region of the world plz.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 10:59
Originally posted by es_bih

Does anyone know a good Mod for MII TW

Stainless Steel if you've got the Kingdoms expansion. I spent $50 getting kingdoms just to play Stainless Steel. Main reason was I was dying to play as the Mongols. But even if that's not your thing, SS is still worth downloading as it has loads of other improvements also. But wether or not you should buy Kingdoms just to play SS, that's another thing altogether.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 14:14
I will have to get to that. Playing the Mongol's sounds good. They got one for RTW but it is not done yet. I downloaded Sicilian Vespers, but I have no clue why it doesn't start up. You have to select the age you want to play in through Dos. They got Broken Crescent, which focuses on the Islamic states from the Middle East up to the sub-continent.

nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2007 at 00:43
It's great with Kingdoms+Retrofit, but I prefer the Stainless Steel mod
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 16:16
Well, I just got a copy for my birthday (I love gift cards). I can't wait to play it, but I don't have the time at the moment... Maybe in a few days.

So, what is this Stainless Steel mod? Sounds interesting.
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2008 at 20:36
I got a way to finally use the  mods with Steam. If anyone needs the info you can PM me.

Sicilian Vespers is a great mod to play. It is very intricate and they did a lot of work on the historical settings in order to make it more accurate and enjoyable.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 01:43
Very much agreed there about Sicilian Vespers - it is such an improvement over the original in so many ways.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 09:04
It certainly is. I have been playing the Byzantines extensively they did a lot of great work on the faction. They need to work on the Early Era and Renaissance campaigns, but the main Late Era is superb. Heraldry and King of ... etc would be a great addition for all factions. 
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 12:57
Hey Any of you ever fought the Timurid Elephants in open battle? what is a good strategy, I usually try to fight them in a town where I can defeat them, but in open combat they outrange my archers.
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 13:08
Originally posted by Goban

Well, I just got a copy for my birthday (I love gift cards). I can't wait to play it, but I don't have the time at the moment... Maybe in a few days.

So, what is this Stainless Steel mod? Sounds interesting.

It's almost a total conversion mod, it feel like one anyways. It improves the game in just about every aspect: many, many new units, factions, diplomacy changes, major AI overhaul, and the campaigns are much longer (6 month turns ala Rome instead of the standard 2 year turns). more info can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2008 at 16:12
Thanks Nova, it sounds like a good bet. I'll try it 'out of box' first then I am certain I'll want to get the mod.Big%20smile 
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 06:04
Constantine check out Tsardoms: Total War and Basilea: Total War, the former with a Balkan-Anatolia focus with starting in the 1350s, and the latter with a starting date of 1099AD with Byzantium as the primary focus of attention; both look great.

Broken Crescent has just been released and downloading that one to try it out.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 06:49
es_bih, thankyou so much for this! What a treat!

While looking at the TW forum I noticed the Stainless Steel mod. This looks very good also.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 10:29
IMO Broken Crescent is the only released total conversion mod for M2:TW, the rest are just extensions for original game (though some quite good).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 23:45
Originally posted by Constantine XI

es_bih, thankyou so much for this! What a treat!

While looking at the TW forum I noticed the Stainless Steel mod. This looks very good also.

No problem man, tell me how Stainless Steel is if you play it. I played Broken Crescent this morning and it is interesting to play, SV has some better features, however, BC has a interesting groundwork as well. I tried out the Byzantines, and right now Jerusalem extensively and it is challenging, with Jerusalem you have to keep a decent amount of soldiers and take Antioch alongside a heavy focus on your Merchants to gain extra income that is lost through military pay. Richard the Lionhearted arrives in 1192; sadly as your own character instead of as a new faction as it should be.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:01
I don't have net at home for another two weeks, so no chance to try out this new mod. It's driving me mental not having the net at home.

I do hope they actually see Basilaea through to completion. There have been a number of communities that have been set up to make a Byz mod, yet the task proved beyond their manpower. Basilaea has only 11 modders according to their official site, I question whether that will be enough.

How playable are the Byzantines in Broken Crescent? Playing them purely in the east looks fun. You mentioned Richard arrives with a crusade, on the basis of that I get the impression this mod is one where they put a lot of thought into the detail.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:18
In Broken Crescent, the Byzantines are a fun faction to play, of course you are lacking all Balkan provinces save for Thrace, and a bit of Bulgaria that you could conquer. In Asia Minor you control what Byzantium controlled at the moment in 1174AD, which is a bit, but you have to economize and raise and army because the Turks expand rather quickly; which could mean a lot of lost income. The islands are rebel regions, and they should be sought out, too.

The units are rather good, and historic. Furthermore, higher quality units will cost a lot of money to maintain.

I played the Abbasid Caliphate, which like the Byzantines in Sicilian Vespers starts out in rather dire conditions, being that you have the Seljuks contorling most of the Caliphate, and you being relegated to control of Baghdad and Basra. However, Baghdad is the economic capital still, and you can earn a lot. With a few conquests I was able to regian most of Eastern Arabia, almost all of Mesopotiamia, and two of the Western most Persian provinces; alongside Somalia, and an Island off of S. Arabia. That enabled me a huge increase in gold reserves that procured me through a few deals with the Ayyubids Mecca, Madinah, and all of N. Arabia as well up to Aqaba. This is by 1210AD or so. The Mongols by then are close to their invasion, so now I am preparing to lose a few provinces and moved a few family members south in case that I am unable to maintain  their onslaught. Although I am allied with the Seljuks they are amassing troops, and if I am lucky the two will exhaust each other, and it will enable me to take at least one of them out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>