Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Medieval total war 2**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
olkiej View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote olkiej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Medieval total war 2**
    Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 12:24
turkish janissary archers (without improvements such as muskets,armor etc)

Medieval total war 2 , The game for the History lovers!
- super realistic
- awsome graphics
- and with more than 21 playable factions!
including: England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Tumurids, The Aztecs.

i'de like to hear your voices about this immense and awsome game

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:13
Originally posted by olkiej

turkish janissary archers (without improvements such as muskets,armor etc)

Medieval total war 2 , The game for the History lovers!
- super realistic
- awsome graphics
- and with more than 21 playable factions!
including: England, France, Scotland, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, Papal States, Sicily, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Byzantium, The Turks, Egypt, The Moors, The Mongols, The Tumurids, The Aztecs.

i'de like to hear your voices about this immense and awsome game

My thoughts about this game are:
poor tactical choises
bad A.I.
unrealistic unit speeds
very poor research on medieval armies (notably those from Eastern Europe)
some units are phantasy ones
West Euro centric view
poor historical accuracy
etc etc

btw there won't be 21 playable factions, so don't get overhyped. Instead there will be only 6 or 5  playable factions  (info from CA).

The game isn't released so I hope that many of my point will be wrong(expecially those dealing with tehnical and programming aspects of game).
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:53
you havent played it yet so dont be harsh
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:58
Originally posted by Batu

you havent played it yet so dont be harsh

Well you don't have to play the game to get all the information.
There are tons of previews, interviews with devs, blogs, Total War community forums from where you can get most of information.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 00:16
its true that there are 5 starting factions.but then other factions became avaible(there is also a trick to do that).i heard that A.I is much much better from the blogs you said.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 03:37

its true that there are 5 starting factions.but then other factions became avaible(there is also a trick to do that).i heard that A.I is much much better from the blogs you said.

Yes, the trick to unlock other factions is to go to campaing generating file(*.txt) and move the faction you want to play with to playable zone or whatever it is called.
I have also heard that AI is better, though unit speeds seem to be too high and it can sometimes ruin your tactics and battle turns into the clicking fest.

Edited by axeman - 24-Sep-2006 at 03:37
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 09:08
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cain2/MTW2/?action=view&current=DSC01051.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

there are rare photos here
Greek Hoplite View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Greek Hoplite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 14:14

Υes like in rome you can do all factions playable in the game's files i think campaignh file so this si not a problemSmile
My blog
http://mankap.blogspot.com/
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:48
have you seen the silicy its super cool http://media.pc.ign.com/media/800/800327/vids_1.html
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 03:06

Axeman, keep in mind that Rome TotalWar starts with only 3 factions.

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 09:04
check out the coyote priest of Aztecs
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2006 at 12:28
It is much better for them to devote more time to gameplay and have less than 21 factions to make it a more worthy gaming experience. Aztecs don't need to be there , its stupid and makes the game historically inaccurate.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 02:05
Vulkan, i agree. There is absolutely no need for the game to begin with all factions.
tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 10:27
Will be an amazing game expcept FOR CA NOT DOING THIER RESEARCH PROPERLY, to put the right factions in......... NO BULGARIA or SERBIA IN

tsar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Suspended

Quote tsar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 10:28

have you seen the silicy its super cool http://media.pc.ign.com/media/800/800327/vids_1.html

Tons of heavy armour ........ they are gonna rock.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 00:44
Has anyone seen any more pics of the Byzantines for MTW2?  The only ones I have seen are of the "Trebizond Archer" unit and of what appears to be a kataphraktos or pronoiar cavalryman on the totalwar.com page.  Google searches have proved to be fruitless.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 00:54
Those are the only two units for Byzantines so far. I believe the armor on the Byzantine heavy cavalry is exaggerated because it shows them wearing rear horse armor.

In general, MTW2 seems to exaggerate the amount of armor. In actuality, very few units had the armor depicted in the units of some of the screenshots.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 01:14
Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

I believe the armor on the Byzantine heavy cavalry is exaggerated because it shows them wearing rear horse armor.

How so?  It depends on the unit that is depicted, in my opinion.  The rider looks accurate because he has on the klibanion and a Norman-like helmet.  If he is a kataphraktos, the horse armor would largely be full-body lamellar, with perhaps a plate head covering.  The Byzantines did make some plate.  If he is a Pronoiar cavalryman, however, his armament is a bit more open to debate for lack of source descriptions.

What do you think, based on your study of late Roman clibonophori and cataphracti?  We might arrive at a consensus, since the Byzantines emulated the Roman military and maintained a good deal of continuity in that respect in the Middle Ages.

In general, MTW2 seems to exaggerate the amount of armor. In actuality, very few units had the armor depicted in the units of some of the screenshots.

Yeah, probably.  I read that the developers did not want to make the game too historical, to where it would be uninteresting to the "gamers," who are uninterested in extreme historical accuracy.  Confused

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 15:06
Here you can see the unit roster for the Byzantines.
In my opinon the roster isn't very accurate (who the hell are Trebizond archers)
Though some units seems to be interesting ones like "Byzantine Guard archers" --> can someone clarify if this missile infantry type ever existed ??

Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 15:10
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Yeah, probably.  I read that the developers did not want to make the game too historical, to where it would be uninteresting to the "gamers," who are uninterested in extreme historical accuracy.  Confused

Yes I have read that too. I fail to see how can historical accuracy be uninteresting for the gamers.
Appears that CA is targeting for 12-14 age gamer group who like arcade games and cliking fest.
This is wierd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>