Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arab and spanish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Worldhistory View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arab and spanish
    Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 00:21
Originally posted by konstantinius

Originally posted by Worldhistory

Pyxis of al-Mughira made for the khalifal family AH 357 (968 AD)

I appreciate your effort for scanning and posting these pages so it saddens me that I must now show you the errors of your ways in such a public manner.

Nevertheless, bar ping-pong boy and evil boy, we're all grown ups here and we must procede.

This page of the book talks about events in the 11th century and provides no primary source documents for what it says. Is this what you call primary evidence of the 711 AD invasion and subsequent conquest of Spain?

How does a text talking about the 11th century prove the 711 AD event?

Youre merely quoting fantasies to prove fantasies.

It's not the 11th century. 967 AD is the end of the tenth.

But even these secondary sources do not provide any primary source documents and do not mention anything about Spain. Items are just being rebadged as being original to Spain but no such proof exists.

Nevertheless, you're bringing items and events of the 10th century to justify 8th century events.

You people jumping from a fantasy 711 AD invasion to a time 300 years later in the 10th century.

Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 00:25

The mihrab (indicating the direction of prayer) at the great Mosque in Cordoba. The building of the Great Mosque was initiated in 795 AD.

Once again, this page only talks about 12th century Spain which I dont contest. I still fail to see how this page attempts to prove the 711 AD event. The English anti-Catholic author expresses his view on the Mosque without providing any primary source documentation. He also neglects to mention that the building prior being rebadged a Mosque was in fact already a Spanish temple of worship prior any Arab invasion.

????? My post is not refering to the text but to the photo. 795 AD is not the 12th c., it's the end of the 8th. Oh, and that's pretty close to 711, by the way.

But that photo doesn't come from the year 795 AD. Once again you're just rebadging existing Spanish buildings and calling them Arabic or Islamic and then placing any date you want to it without any primary source document.

You or anyone can write the year 150 AD in your post but it doesn't mean its true.

konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 06:06

The Courtyard of Lions, Alhambra Palace. This section was built by Yusuf I.

This picture proves nothing at all. Its merely rebadging existing Spanish buildings into Arabic sounding names.

It proves that an Arabic civilization has existed in Iberia prior to 12th century. Why do you have such a problem with that?
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 06:08

The mihrab (indicating the direction of prayer) at the great Mosque in Cordoba. The building of the Great Mosque was initiated in 795 AD.

Once again, this page only talks about 12th century Spain which I dont contest. I still fail to see how this page attempts to prove the 711 AD event. The English anti-Catholic author expresses his view on the Mosque without providing any primary source documentation. He also neglects to mention that the building prior being rebadged a Mosque was in fact already a Spanish temple of worship prior any Arab invasion.

????? My post is not refering to the text but to the photo. 795 AD is not the 12th c., it's the end of the 8th. Oh, and that's pretty close to 711, by the way.

But that photo doesn't come from the year 795 AD. Once again you're just rebadging existing Spanish buildings and calling them Arabic or Islamic and then placing any date you want to it without any primary source document.

You or anyone can write the year 150 AD in your post but it doesn't mean its true.

No, it doesn't. But the building that encompassed this was started at 795. And please stop calling this a "Spanish" building.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 08:46

I don't now if taking serious this guy "Worldhistory".

But is so funny and desesperating at the same time, that someone doubt of something so obvious in Spanish and Hispanic culture like the invasions of the Arabs during the 8th Century.

Look at Spaniards! Count how many of them look like bediouns riding a camel! It's such obvious.

The Moorish invasion transformed the culture of Spain in a radical way, that can't be understood if one is not Spanish or Hispanic. There are so many clues going around everywhere, from music to religious traditions, to words and to the eyes of certain "seoritas" of moor's eyes that shine like mirrors. How we could understand flamenco?, bullfighting? Don Quixote? Wihout the Arab passion and fantasy that is part of us. How to understand Spain without the Barbaric revenge of those brave Knights or those cruel Conquistadors that is our German heritage of courage and resistence and love for war. Or the passion for literature without remembering our Jewish intellectuals that created the language, and teach us to love books and laugh of priest?

All of that is Spain, and because of that we love our Iberian "Motherland", no matter we live in the antiphodes.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 03-Nov-2006 at 08:51
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 09:42
Look at Spaniards! Count how many of them look like bediouns riding a camel! It's such obvious

Was that sarcasm ?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 10:15

Let me remind you that most my ancestry is Spaniard. I believe I have the right to laugh about myself. Don't you think so?

Pinguin
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 21:06

The Courtyard of Lions, Alhambra Palace. This section was built by Yusuf I.

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span lang="EN-US"><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">This picture proves nothing at all. Its merely rebadging existing Spanish buildings into Arabic sounding names.</span>

It proves that an Arabic civilization has existed in Iberia prior to 12th century. Why do you have such a problem with that?

No it doesn't. It just proves how weak and baseless the 711 AD claim of an Arabic presence in Spain is.

Arabs simply rebadge existing Spanish buildings as being Arabic or Islamic and then rebadge that building's prior history as also being Arabic and Islamic.

Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 21:11
Originally posted by pinguin

I don't now if taking serious this guy "[COLOR=#000000">Worldhistory[/COLOR">".

But is so funny and desesperating at the same time, that someonedoubt ofsomething so obvious in Spanish and Hispanic culture like the invasions of the Arabs during the 8th Century.

Look at Spaniards! Count how many of them look like bediouns riding a camel!It's such obvious.

The Moorish invasion transformed the culture of Spain in a radical way, that can'tbe understood if one is not Spanish or Hispanic. There are so many clues going around everywhere, from music to religious traditions, to words and to the eyes of certain "seoritas" of moor's eyes that shine like mirrors. How we could understand flamenco?, bullfighting? Don Quixote? Wihout the Arab passion and fantasy that is part of us. How to understand Spain without the Barbaric revenge of those braveKnights or those cruel Conquistadorsthat is our German heritage of courage and resistence and love for war. Or the passion for literature without remembering our Jewish intellectualsthat created the language, and teach us to love books and laugh of priest?

All of that is Spain, and because of that we love our Iberian "Motherland", no matter we live in the antiphodes.

Pinguin

Asiatic fantasy personified.

Forget about genuine proof or truth...just invent fairytales and pass these fairytales on to the next generation of parasites.

Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 21:13

Let me remind you that most my ancestry is Spaniard.

Pinguin

But Arabs are not from Spain?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 21:23

What do you mean? Arabs in this context are people that speak Arab. They invaded Spain and converted Arab in the language of the Southern provinces for a while. Some of the descendents of Arabs asimilated to the Spaniards, the rest was expelled from the country after Christians recovered it.

Pinguin

Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 22:28

What do you mean? Arabs in this context are people that speak Arab. They invaded Spain and converted Arab in the language of the Southern provinces for a while. Some of the descendents of Arabs asimilated to the Spaniards, the rest was expelled from the country after Christians recovered it.

Pinguin

That's just parasital terminology because an Arab will always be an Arab and never a Spaniard...unless of course you're rebadging.

Oh that's right, just rebadge and any fairytale is made possible.
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 22:31
Anyway, where is this Ebro document, this quote from the Venerable Bede and this coin with "Spain" on it.

Still seen nothing of this.
mard View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 22:35
World History your an idiot man, get your history facts right, we all know you hate muslims, so ofcourse your gona down play them every time.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 22:42

That's just parasital terminology because an Arab will always be an Arab and never a Spaniard...unless of course you're rebadging.

Really?

Don't you know Sharika is Arab? As far as I know she is as Latina as anyone else. That's the way hispanic countries assimilate people. The same happened with Arabs in Spain, they become assimilated to the mainstream, and afterwords nobody knew who was Arab or European!

Pinguin
mard View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 22:44

Really?

Don't you know Sharika is Arab? As far as I know she is as Latina as anyone else. That's the way hispanic countries assimilate people. The same happened with Arabs in Spain, they become assimilated to the mainstream, and afterwords nobody knew who was Arab or European!

Pinguin

dont worry about him man, he is just a arab hating moron. its not worth talking to these types of people
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 23:20
I think there's a lot of delusional mentally ill people here who know they have no proof for the versions of history they fantasize about and therefore resort to intimidating anyone who asks for proof.

I've already been called evil for asking to see this Ebro document and this quote from Bede.

LOL
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 23:21
Where is this Ebro document, this quote from the Venerable Bede and this coin with "Spain" on it?

Still seen nothing of this.
mard View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 23:26
what in the world is a ebro document?
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote Worldhistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 23:41
I'm just a moron so what do I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>