Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hearts of Iron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hearts of Iron
    Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 17:02
Who knows the game?
Do you think that the statistics(IC, tanknubers...) are the original from WW2?

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 17:05
Does this thread deal with a computer game?
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 22:50
Originally posted by Scheich

Who knows the game?
Do you think that the statistics(IC, tanknubers...) are the original from WW2?

no, and I don't think Paradox pretends that they are either.  The IC and tech team levels are mainly used for play balancing to ensure that the war proceeds somewhat historically under AI control. The unit designations are representative of the names of real WWII units but they had to compromise everything else to be able to apply a standard unit tree to all the nations. 
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 09:16
but its a great game

A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 14:48
It is good when concerning the big powers, it is totally unfair with the small ones. Small ones cannot keep up with the technological development, which is wrong, because mainly small ones weren't researching, they were just buying. So, although for instance Greece could technically organize a mechanized division by purchsing british tanks, in the game it's totally impossible.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Giannis View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Giannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 17:47
Originally posted by xristar

It is good when concerning the big powers, it is totally unfair with the small ones. Small ones cannot keep up with the technological development, which is wrong, because mainly small ones weren't researching, they were just buying. So, although for instance Greece could technically organize a mechanized division by purchsing british tanks, in the game it's totally impossible.

Well we couldn't purchase them either and the british wouldn't just sell them to us.
Give me a place to stand and I will move the world.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 03:08
If we hadn't built the Metaxas line, there were enough funds for tanks. That's not just my assumption, there has been a whole debate in the military. And Greece was seriously thinking of buying a good number.
You are right though that maybe the British wouldn't give them to us. Greece had ordered 20 light tanks and they were never delivered (due to war starting)

Victory needs none.
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:59
Originally posted by xristar

Well it's not strictly impossible, you can buy divisions from other countries though it might be hard to get useful numbers that way.   And as for research, small countries in a major alliance can usually keep up thanks to blueprints.
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 11:49
What does you think are the best powers?
I think that Germany is perfect for taking other countries, but USSR is perfect for producing a large army.
Can Germany recruit Polnish for the Wehrmacht, because Poland was part of Germany in 1940?
Sudaka View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Sudaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 22:22
I enjoy the game a lot. But I found the province divitions of southamerika too big. While europe provinces are smaller, thename of the provincescan be changed too. I would change concordia to mesopotamia; corrientes to chaco; Sarmiento to glaciares and some more.
I think that greece could manufacture his own tank. If Argentina could mnufacture the nahuel d.l.43 (a regular medium tank) Greece could manufacture something like it if it had the time and will. Argentina develope the  nahuel in almost 2 monts.
Not yet mein friend, not yet
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 04:38
Germany by far is the power with the biggest potential. In the game they have by far the best (in quality) army. They have also great officers, land, navy and air (not so much air).
If you start in 1936 and build a good fleet, you can take Britain, then win Russia, and then go over to the USA. I am not kidding I've done it (well, yes, in 'normal' difficulty).
Keep in mind that in this game navy is as important as land army (assuming of course that you want to conquer the world)

Victory needs none.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 08:04
Keep in mind that in this game navy is as important as land army (assuming of course that you want to conquer the world)

Learned that part out the hard way, as Germany took over all of mainland europe all of the british isles, russia (TOOK 8 YEARS!!!) but I could never defeat the british because they always had africa and their navy kept harrasing me so I couldn't move my ships. Very annoying, but still its a great game. Like every game in the paradox big four of Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria and of course Hearts of Iron.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 09:08
in that game i take Turkey and conquered persia and greece :)
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 11:26
in that game i take Turkey and conquered persia and greece :)

Aaaah, Paradox, you allow us to have all of our nationalist wet dreams that get instantly banned in AE Forums...........

Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 13:04
Can Germany take the Polnish for the German army in 1940?
xristar did you conquer all of Russia and US?
Is it possible to conquer the world with USA, USSR or Germany?
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 14:00
Can Germany take the Polnish for the German army in 1940?
If you mean using Polish provinces to place german troops and use their resources to make said troops then yes. (The game tends to be more abstract the more specific your ideas are.) No "polish" units for the germans though.

Is it possible to conquer the world with USA, USSR or Germany?

Quite easy with anyone really depending on the difficulty you use and how often you use cheats. Then again there are people (not me) that can conquer the world with say albania on the hardest difficulty. How they manage it though is beyond me.

Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 14:12
I think the greatest problem for conquering the world is the short time(1936-1948), and that the armies in Tibet need a year to Sinkiang.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2006 at 18:17
I once played the Netherlands. I changed it into a fascist dictorship and conquered Belgium and Luxembourg. Then I allied with Germany and conquered northern France all the way down to the Seine. Unfortunately Germany wasn't far too weak to beat the Soviet Union, so in the summer of 1942 te Red Army already appeared at my eastern border.

I also played with France once. I managed to invade Germany in 1939. I managed to split the country in 2. I conquered Bavaria and Austria first, and after that the north. At the end I managed to conquer everything west of the Oder-Neisse, the pats east of it were conquered by the Soviet Union, which declared war on me after Germany was defeated. Then came an impasse that lasted almost 2 years. After the British made a succesful invasion in Archanchelsk, the Russian defense collapsed. When the Soviet Union was defeated France controlled a huge empire from Brest to Novosibirsk.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 05:11
Ah, I also have taken Russia and Germany with France. But their officers suck.

xristar did you conquer all of Russia and US
Not all Russia. If you capture the key provinces (Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, Baku and Sverdlofsk, and Vladivostok if Japan is allied with you) Russia surrenders. Technically I could take whole Siberia because the Russian army had collapsed. But imagine what it would need to annex these lands. Every central Asian capital that has a victory point should be captured, all the way until the Pacific ocean! I was too bored to do this.
Yes, I took the whole North America, Mexico and some southern American lands (they just kept declaring war on me!) I didn't move quickly in South America, as my main effort was to rescue the collapsed Japanese. I actually did it, I liberated Japan and then landed in Korea. I left the game at this point, as my computer crashed some times, and I hadn't saved the game for like a year.

Victory needs none.
Scheich View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Scheich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2006 at 08:03
I looked up the manpower provinces, ans I saw that Warsaw was giving 5 manpower to me(I was Germany)!!!!!!!!!
India had the 2nd largest  population, why had Britain not the 2nd largest number of recruits?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>