Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stats Project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Behzad View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Behzad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stats Project
    Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 22:56
Hello all,

For my stats class, I have to prove a thesis using statistics in a 60~ page report.

My topic is:

"The USA benefited most from World War II (maybe WWI as well)"

Does anyone have in mind any websites (preferbly) or any books that contain vast amounts of statistics from World War II that would help me prove my thesis?

So basically, I'm trying to prove this by identifying technological, economical, social and geographical statistics.

An example could be the the end of the depression, rise in employment, and basically USA becoming a superpower.

Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 11:30
Read Nial Ferguson's books such as Empire (A history of the British empire. This may not be what you are looking for, but it deals at the end with American intervention and hedgemony.) Probably more appliacable is his book "Colossus" "The rise and fall of the American Empire". This will show you the trends after WWII that you are looking for. Its' published by Penguin and the ISBN is 0-141-01700-7. Its' very good for American history!

I obviously don't know as much as you about this, but I would say that it did. It came out with the Atomic bomb, european mastery (and european dependence because of the Marshall plan) and was one of the only allied nations to win, but not experience hardly, if any home damage. I would say yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply