Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What if ariq boqe defeated kublai??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mongke View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mongke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if ariq boqe defeated kublai??
    Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 21:44
Kublai defeated ariq boqe and as a result he moved the capital to peking and mongols under him were even more accomodating to the chinese however grugingly? What if ariq boqe had won out instead?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 14:05
mmh, it would probably the dream scenario for most Mongol fans. here'S my idea: the Mongols would loose immediate control over china much earlier, like the Il-Khanate in persia, however the empire probably would have remained unified and thus very likely have resulted in more waves of expansion, like under the sucessors of chinggis, maybe resulting in the conquest of egypt and europe. japan and southeast asia would have been attacked unsuccessfully anyways i guess.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2004 at 00:21
retention of near tropical zones would have been harder, and the former areas of the southern Song would only be under breif dominion, Im not sure if there was much more feasable expansion that could have taken place.  Perhaps retaining more of a Mongol culture attitude would have resulting, meaning a slower conversion to local religious and cultural traditions.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply