Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Caesars Rome vs. Hitlers Germany - whod win?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caesars Rome vs. Hitlers Germany - whod win?
    Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 18:56

Putting them in the same time with similar-level technology, who do you think you win in a war?

Also, Caesar's Rome vs. Alexander's Greece, who'd win the war?

MoriheiUeshiba View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MoriheiUeshiba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 20:55
your retarded.....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2004 at 21:09

well how would you tell what technology they got, first of it was hitlers germany brought back to times given primitive weapons then they'd loose due to lack of using them, if caesars rome was brough to the 1930's-40', then they would loose since they wouldn't have an idea how to use guns as such.

Its impossible to tell since theres a varied ways it could happen through your scenario

Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 00:20

lol good moving to historical amusement.

sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 00:37

Putting them to the same technology?

The technologian wins. He or she determines their level of technology. I will actually give them only sticks and stones (since I want them to be on par with each other). It will be FUN.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Mr Bobo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mr Bobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 00:59

its kina hard to say, for the same reasons others have said..

but as a stab in the dark id say Hitlers germany; because he had most of the country behind him, had massive production works, was more of a statesman than ceasar, had some very good military leaders and he didnt have to deal with the senate.. but really its impossible to tell. 

"A child of five would understand this, send someone to fetch a child of five"
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 04:39
        one thing for sure...it would be utter confusing and amusing at the same time as one side of the river is barking "Heil Hitler!" as the other side's yelling "Hail Caesar!"...and neither side makes the first move...then darkness falls and both side goes home for a grueling task of trying to eat a dinner with a sore throat....
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 04:48

hahaha this is funny

but i agree that it's impossible to compare. i can't imagine american troops being given roman weapons to fight. probably any modern soldiers will lose. if i'm given a sword to fight, the first thing i will do is to drop the sword so that i can run faster. nowaday, who can fight with a sword? people are freaked out when they see blood.

Edited by coolstorm
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 07:09
it really is funny. Invictus, this is so far out there that i honestly hesitated on a place to put it!
welcome to AE ViZion

edit,Baby it is amazing how much the nazis took from the Romans.

Edited by Catt
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 08:20
Originally posted by Catt

edit,Baby it is amazing how much the nazis took from the Romans.

Yes, like the 'Hitlergruss' (where is the damn Ringel-S?). He got it from Mussolini who got it from the Romans.
mongke View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mongke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2004 at 21:49
Having same technological level means that neither side has an advantage technology wise "canceling out" the technology. What does this leave us....soldiers. I would say the romans had the edge over the wehrmacht. They simply were made of sterner stuff than the average WWII German soldier. Both were very professional, well trained, very disciplined and well led. However given the fact that killing was much more labour intesive at the time of the romans and they had to be face to face with their opponent as they hack them to bits with blood splatter all over the place I think the romans would have the edge. You try to get the average soldier now to do what the romans did and I think you will face with soldiers with plummeting morale. Oh yeah and the roman encampments... I once saw a program in which a group of british decided to try to live like the roman soldier did in their camp and they simply didn't last, especially with the torrential rain they were being subjected to. I seriously doubt that WWII german soldiers would be that different than those people who tried to live like a roman soldier. In short roman soldiers were made of sterner stuff because they had it much tougher than the average German soldier.
warlord View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote warlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 00:02
Hitler's Germany would have defeated anyone. It was a highly focussed state.... focussed on war. The Romans wouldn't stand a chance.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 01:36

Well... good to see people don't flame here   just laugh their asses off when they see somethin funny   How about Alexander's Greece vs. Caesar's Rome? That's a bit easier to compare...

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 14:11
Nazi Germany, because a lot of Caesars soldiers were in fact Germanics
mongke View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mongke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 21:31
I disagree. Rome, one hell of a military without having to focus on its military. Sort of like the US now, spends like nobody on its military but it does not militarize the US as a whole.
 Post Reply Post Reply