Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOlmec of african descent?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olmec of african descent?
    Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:55
Hah! I guess that says something about where he gets his info from too huh?Tongue

Edited by Strange - 14-Jul-2007 at 13:56
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:56
Originally posted by red clay

Just to make sure everyone knows pinguins agenda, the real one, this is a post taken from ratehispanics-

That your intercept jokeful messages of other sites that lacks the rules, and seriousness of this one, don't change the fact that

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF AT ALL OF CONTACT.

And that Van Sertima is considered a charlatan by the scientific community.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 14-Jul-2007 at 13:57
Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:57
Oh I have proof its just people like you that choose to remain ignorant of it.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:58
Originally posted by Strange

Hah! I guess that says something about where he gets his info from too huh?Tongue

Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Van Sertima is a charlatan, though.

Sorry. Afro-Olmecs are something as real as the minotaur or the unicorn LOLLOLLOL

Pinguin
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 14:03

Oh I have proof its just people like you that choose to remain ignorant of it.

And do you want I believe you? You don't have anything but envy for the achievements of Amerindian peoples.

Look. These are Afroamerican guys making a ridiculous presentation with U.S. government fundings LOLLOL

Talk me about ignorants Big%20smile

Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 14:10
Heeheh once again YOU are the one without credible non-racist sources. Its people like you that come out every time someone who actully thinks for themself comes out and says "HEy there may have been more to black history than the slave trade" and says hah what lunatics, even though they have credible sources nd evidence. I see you are STILL ignoring my posts about this guys sources. Once again I ask you what you have to say about his sources from Columbus and other European sources. Well ill continue with you later. 
Bye
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 14:17

And how can you disprove the lingual evidence that Coloumbus recorded himself?

Columbus, just like many other earily conquistadors, were initially unable to imagine a fourth continent. The world they encountered was completely alien to the, so they tried to explain everthing in Old World terms. Columbus initially considered Cuba to be Japan, and was convinced the Caribs were the soldiers of the Khan. The Spanish conquistadors who conquered Peru several times described temples as mosques. All this is simply a natural reaction to meeting something completely unknown, it is no evidence that Affricans, Muslims or Mongolians really arrived in the New World.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 14:20

Heeheh once again YOU are the one without credible non-racist sources. Its people like you that come out every time someone who actully thinks for themself comes out and says "HEy there may have been more to black history than the slave trade" and says hah what lunatics, even though they have credible sources nd evidence. I see you are STILL ignoring my posts about this guys sources. Once again I ask you what you have to say about his sources from Columbus and other European sources. Well ill continue with you later. 
Bye

Nope. Your only argument is crying racism. This site is about history, not about social problems.

History is a matter of FACT and not justice. Actually, I am not very interested at all in the history of Africa, but I know quite a lot of its details, anyways. What interest me is the history of the Americas.

Never forget that is people like you that is behaving in a racist manner robbing the heritage of Amerindians.

You are the last of robbers of Amerindians, and people like me won't allow that. No sir.

With respect of sources, there is lot of material about pre-colombian and colonial history in the Americas. I have read many of those books, and I have not found evidence in there of anything Van Sertima claims.

Now, when you learn that Spaniards called llamas "lambs of this land", then you should realize theirs descriptions where not much precise at all, so theirs chronicles are a fertil ground to fantasious speculators. In fact, Spaniards where looking for the foutain of youth, the cities of silver and El Dorado!

With respect to Van Sertima, I have studied his sources already... they are all made up. You won't believe me, but that's the truth.

Archeologist have lot of more material than that. It is possible today to trace the origin of Amerindian civilizations at 5.500 years ago in Caral, Peru. All the rest is baloony.

Pinguin

Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 23:51
This is just going to turn into a pointless 20 page argument with both sides thowing crap at each other and that goes nowhere. I think the point that I and people like Ivan Van Sertima are trying to make is that ancient Africans were more sophisticated than most in the mainstream think and with a great deal of the stereotypes that distort history being racially based, I think racism deserves to be discussed in a history discussion and not just thrown in the closet. 

MAYBE Africans never traded with or made contact with the New World and MAYBE some of Ivan Van Sertima's ideas are far fetched but instead of meeting his and others' theories with hostility as you have,.... they should be considered and not ruled out as a possibilty. And even if such theories are complete fallacies, they SHOULD force us all to rethink our beliefs on Ancient Africa with a more open mind instead of putting the African peoples ablilties in a box...whether that be the young african american who thinks his race is worthless and uncabable OR the average joe who when he thinks of Africa sees only huts and bone-in-the-nose savages.

Edited by Strange - 14-Jul-2007 at 23:52
Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 23:52

Yes Sammi,

Pinguin (me) is not racist with Latinos of African ancestry at all. I am 100% with the struggle of my Dominican Republic brothers against those n...rs of Haiti I am also with my Puerto Rican and Cuban brothers of dark skin against the perpertual bugging of Black Americans against them. I am with my fellow Indian brothers of Mexico against the gringo.

What the hell, this is a Hispanic site, isn't? Why we have to give explanations to Black Americans and Pakis? We are LATINOS. Let the world know how we really think and that we give a s--t for PC and other weird ideologies.

Now, how couldn't we protect nazis when they fought gringos? our enemies of all times?

Long life Pancho Villa!

Pinguin"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ from rate hispanic

I'd advise everybody to ignore this guy,as you can see he is a LUNATIC

Edited by Malik - 14-Jul-2007 at 23:59
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 01:37
Originally posted by Malik

I'd advise everybody to ignore this guy,as you can see he is a LUNATIC

Out of context. You don't have sense of humour at all. You should put all the posts in that crazy site to have an idea.

Besides, what more lunatic that Ivan Van Sertima LOLLOL

Edited by pinguin - 15-Jul-2007 at 01:46
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 01:44

This is just going to turn into a pointless 20 page argument with both sides thowing crap at each other and that goes nowhere. I think the point that I and people like Ivan Van Sertima are trying to make is that ancient Africans were more sophisticated than most in the mainstream think and with a great deal of the stereotypes that distort history being racially based, I think racism deserves to be discussed in a history discussion and not just thrown in the closet. 

MAYBE Africans never traded with or made contact with the New World and MAYBE some of Ivan Van Sertima's ideas are far fetched but instead of meeting his and others' theories with hostility as you have,.... they should be considered and not ruled out as a possibilty. And even if such theories are complete fallacies, they SHOULD force us all to rethink our beliefs on Ancient Africa with a more open mind instead of putting the African peoples ablilties in a box...whether that be the young african american who thinks his race is worthless and uncabable OR the average joe who when he thinks of Africa sees only huts and bone-in-the-nose savages.

Well, I DO BELIEVE SS Africans were more sophisticated than what the Eurocentrist have shown. I have been studying the influences of African arts in modern culture, including music, scupture and painting, and I believe people should know more about it. Besides, even if not so, I appreciate the so called "primitive" people, that includes Amerindians of the Jungle, the Polynesians, the Inuits, the Australoids and all the nomadic people of the planet. Nobody should be ashame of those cultures.

However, for me it is unbelievable irritating that to increase the ego of Africans Americans you have to sacrifice the heritage of Amerindians. That's not acceptable at all. And I really know Van Sertima and others are lying in this topic, nothing else. People must realize that.

If you wish, open a thread on African heritage in arts and I follow you. But let the heritage of Amerindians for them to keep it.

Pinguin

Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 02:46
Originally Posted by pinguin
Yes. That's pretty true.

Black man is a very savage being. No wonder they crowed the jails. Perhaps lobotomy could help a little but hardly.

Pinguin

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 02:57

I see Isaiah. You are become a fun of the stupid post in that site. Your fault. That has nothing to do with the discussion in here.

Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 03:13
Isaiah. Van Sertima is a stupid n...r that haven't any education. He was born in the Jungle of Suriname and had such a complex of inferiority he decided to write all that bullsh*t, just to show Blacks have a past, and that not were just bought in the slavery supermarket.

Harry up, copy and past it in AE.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 03:24
Thanks Isaiah!

Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 03:27
More quotes to come LOL
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2007 at 08:47
Closed!

Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2009 at 12:37
Re-opened!

Serious discussion ( wether pro or con ) of the evidence is encouraged.
MERN View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2009 at 21:16
It seems to me that if Van Sertima's ideas were credible, they'd be more mainstream.

I've seen his name before in other "Afrocentric" literature ("Egyptians were black", "Moors were black", "Israelites werw black", "Hannibal/Cleopatra/Beethoven was black", etc...).

That doesn't give his credibility much of a boost.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>