Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst misunderstandings in Turkish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst misunderstandings in Turkish
    Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 10:36
in uyghur:
ishxana:ofice
qoral-yaraq:weapon
xaya:male organ
xuy:character,hobit
tutaq:female organ
jalap:prostitute
sikmek:to fu**
siymek:to urinate

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2006 at 01:20
Xana, Xaya and Xuy are all of Iranian origin...
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2006 at 18:23
Originally posted by gok_toruk

Xana, Xaya and Xuy are all of Iranian origin...
i have some problems with msn, it doesnt login but will solve it in couple days, see you again there sorry dude :(
Savdogar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Savdogar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 07:58
Originally posted by Maziar

Ok people a funny question, how comes that the most missunderstanding themes between turks and bulgars are "below the belt" Big smile?

agree with you. we also use huy for penis.

also in turkish, ko'tu- means "bad".
while ko't- means buttock in uzbek.

there was a phrase "Benim huyum ko'tu" which means my habit is bad.
uzbek people understand it like "my penis is my buttock" or smth

...i dont need this...
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 12:53
Originally posted by bg_turk

Originally posted by osmanlija

"bana bi sok lutfen"
"sok" means "juice" in Bulgarian.But in turkish when you found a sentence like that it means  in slang "f.ck me once please".

Thanks, for telling me that. To be honest I never knew that sok meant such a bad thing in Anatolian Turkish. I will make sure none of my female acquaintances uses such an expression in Turkey. :-)

I just remembered one more embarrasing situation.

Whenever I chat online, I never bother to type with the Turkish letters, and just use the standard English transliteration. Once I was trying to say that I was really bored, and without thinking I just typed "cok sikildim" which actually means I got really f**ked.

Very interesting topic.

Uyghurs will laugh if  a Turkish man says "Benim iki chochugum var." How come  a guy can have two male organs.

Chuchaq (derivation chochughum) means penis of usual kids.  

We use haya, which is for the penis of the adult.

We use Huy for mood.

I'm surprised, in Bulgharia, Turks use "sikilish". Actually it was two different words in Uyghur. "siq' and 'sik"

Men siqildim. (I'm bored.)

Men sikildim. (I'm F*cked)

Either make a history or become a history.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 12:57
One more example:

Lew in Uyghur Turkish means lip, while Tutaq means female genital. I remembered someone told me that in anatolian Turkish, they mean just the opposite. Is it true? Then there can be many interesting talks between each other.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 13:36
yep barbar its true :S

also in azeri "Hamingiz" means "you all, all of you" but it sounds like "amingiz" in anatolian Turkish wich means v.gina, and somethimes azeris add "koyim" after "hamingiz" wich both means then "i'll give to you all (a drink usually)" wich means in anatolian Turkish "i'll f.ck all youre v.ginas"  i have maybe the worst example but yeah its Turkish anyway :D

Edited by DayI - 27-Aug-2006 at 13:40
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 19:59
Originally posted by uyghur-aryan

tutaq:female organ

in Anatolian and Balkan Turkish

dudak:lips
raygun View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote raygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 04:09
Originally posted by DayI

yep barbar its true :S

also in azeri "Hamingiz" means "you all, all of you" but it sounds like "amingiz" in anatolian Turkish wich means v.gina, and somethimes azeris add "koyim" after "hamingiz" wich both means then "i'll give to you all (a drink usually)" wich means in anatolian Turkish "i'll f.ck all youre v.ginas"  i have maybe the worst example but yeah its Turkish anyway :D

Tongue I must learn Turkic language one day, maybe I'll get lucky with some Turkic ladies Embarrassed

Or maybe dead LOL
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2006 at 11:01
Originally posted by barbar

One more example:

Lew in Uyghur Turkish means lip, while Tutaq means female genital. I remembered someone told me that in anatolian Turkish, they mean just the opposite. Is it true? Then there can be many interesting talks between each other.

Your lew should be a Persian word!
In old Anatolian Turkish  we also have an 'erin' meaning lip. Do or did you have something like that?
Yes dudak means lip it derives from Tutmaq when you eat something you hold food with your lips. That is the relation.
Tutaq>Dutaq>Dudaq>Dudak

Not lew but ilev is a dialectal word for vagina and very rarely used. Not undertood by most people.

I totally agree, there would be many misunderstandings and even fights just because of some confusing words.
That is terrible.
Turkic language that unifies us also divides us. I can cry!!!!

Edited by Tangriberdi - 30-Aug-2006 at 11:07
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2006 at 13:24

It's pretty normal, Qardash. Even among uyghurs some times we have misunderstandings. In Turpan they have a saying " Kotingizni eplep qoyay" which means let me put cushion under your seat. While for others this can be meant as "let me f* your ass". So this is fun and it's better we learn these so that we can avoid misunderstandings.

We have  a  word for make up stuff for ladies "Upa-englik". "englik" is originally "erenlik". "Upa" is the powder used for the face, and "erenlik" should be lipstick. Eren or Erin should be the word for lip, I guess. 

Actually, we use more commonly the word "Kalpuk" instead of "lew" for lip. Kalpuk=kel+upuq? (come kiss) Maybe, I don't know.

Edited by barbar - 03-Sep-2006 at 13:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12