Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What type of warrior would you like to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Burdokva View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Burdokva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What type of warrior would you like to be?
    Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 19:59
Bulgar Heavy Cavalryman from the period of the First Tsardom, or otherwise - bagatur. The combinaton of chainmail and lamellar or scale armor, along with three deffirent kinds of weapons and a good horse... awsome.

From the Classical era - either a heavy armored thracian with a romphaia sword (that thing is wicked!) or a roman leggionare.
Unity makes Strenght
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 20:45
Housecarl that's what I would like to be. The huge axe is a big selling point.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 23:11
Elite samurai that does not concentrate on heavy armor. Lightly armored with decent wooden armor, but concentrating on attack options. A couple of long sword, a long bow, few daggers hidden in the armor, and a small shield. The horse can hold on to the spear to prevent infantry to hurt the horse by close combat.

Otherwise, I'd like to be a Myrmidon. Seen the movie Troy. Movie was ok, but the scenes showing the Myrmidons, led by Achilles, fighting against the Trojans was some sight. I think that was only the reason why I watched the movie...

Join us.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 18:48
Chuck Norris as a crussader...

Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 11:31
It would be swell to be an Irish tribal warrior pre-Norman Conquest. Those guys just got drunk all the time and roamed the lands in warbands, looking for other like-minded groups to fight, and afterwards, drink with. Anyone who has ever read the Cattle Raid of Cooley would surely agree. Think about: Eire, all unsullied by cities and roads and industry. Just the good green world about ye, strong drink, good companions, maidens and riches to be won by the swords, glory in life, and a worthy death. Man, savage and noble, alone with his Gods and his sword. Ah! What times those must have been.

Imagine after a battle: Around the fire with the lads, passing forth the mead horn with the fellows you just recently fought, trading stories and honors, and then someone picks up the lyre and recounts the ancient sagas, and everyone is drunk and under the stars basking in the glories of the Gods and heroes past. Killing a fatted calf and eating the meat cooked over a fire served by the women who thought you were the Gods come again. I'll take it. Call me Cuchulain.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 11:58
I wanna be a Field Marshal with a big pension!

Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 15:39
Originally posted by XueKaiYuan

teutonic knight with a square head!!!!WOOT

And i would like to be a polish knight,who kills teutons in the battle of Grunwald. Big%20smile
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2007 at 09:59
Originally posted by Brian J Checco

It would be swell to be an Irish tribal warrior pre-Norman Conquest. Those guys just got drunk all the time and roamed the lands in warbands, looking for other like-minded groups to fight, and afterwards, drink with. Anyone who has ever read the Cattle Raid of Cooley would surely agree. Think about: Eire, all unsullied by cities and roads and industry. Just the good green world about ye, strong drink, good companions, maidens and riches to be won by the swords, glory in life, and a worthy death. Man, savage and noble, alone with his Gods and his sword. Ah! What times those must have been.

Imagine after a battle: Around the fire with the lads, passing forth the mead horn with the fellows you just recently fought, trading stories and honors, and then someone picks up the lyre and recounts the ancient sagas, and everyone is drunk and under the stars basking in the glories of the Gods and heroes past. Killing a fatted calf and eating the meat cooked over a fire served by the women who thought you were the Gods come again. I'll take it. Call me Cuchulain.

LOL, dream on buddy. The Irish had the most sophisticated legal system in Europe at this time. You'd find your ass in an ordeal for killing before you get a chance to finish your first beer...

(and when did the Normans ever invade Ireland??)

Edited by Aelfgifu - 12-Feb-2007 at 10:00

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2007 at 10:12
[QUOTE=Brian J Checco]It would be swell to be an Irish tribal warrior pre-Norman Conquest. Those guys just got drunk all the time and roamed the lands in warbands, looking for other like-minded groups to fight, and afterwards, drink with. Anyone who has ever read the Cattle Raid of Cooley would surely agree. Think about: Eire, all unsullied by cities and roads and industry. Just the good green world about ye, strong drink, good companions, maidens and riches to be won by the swords, glory in life, and a worthy death. Man, savage and noble, alone with his Gods and his sword. Ah! What times those must have been.

LOLLOL That's the best post i've read yet. Wouldn't fancy dropping into the pub of the lad who I just beat up where I come from! We were just more friendly back in those days I suppose...The bloody Normans probably changed us

Edited by Dolphin - 12-Feb-2007 at 10:12
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2007 at 22:30
I would like to be a warrior that throws throwing stars that kill jannisaries, greek revolutionaries, and palestinian terrorists
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 12:53
I would not like to be a warrior,but a mage....Wink
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 07:40
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I would like to be a warrior that throws throwing stars that kill jannisaries, greek revolutionaries, and palestinian terrorists

Oh yeah? how you wish... chill out , drink a bud beer and eat a BigMac instead of risking your life with these toys...LOL

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 10:30
Originally posted by Brian J Checco

LOLLOLLOLLOL

GOLD!!
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2007 at 20:34
Thank you Big%20smile
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2007 at 21:55
Ha ha, nice post, Brian J Checco. Warrior must have been pretty a decent job back then...

Join us.
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2007 at 19:41
Some would argue that it still is. You get some extremely fancy toys.
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2007 at 00:52
A soldier fighting under the command of the Black Prince, considering the fact that you were fighting an extremely disorganized enemy and able to pillage and plunder to the heart's content.
Balain d Ibelin View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Balain d Ibelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 08:56

Here's my top-7 Warrior of Medieval Europe that I wanna be:

1.Order Knights (Templars, Teutonics, Hospitallers)

2.Longbowman

3.Turcoman Cavalry

4.Chivalric Knight

5.Hashishins

6.Berserker

7.Norman Knight

"Good quality will be known among your enemies, before you ever met them my friend"Trobadourre de Crusadier Crux
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2007 at 01:13
Think I'd like to be a Viking raider, of the early period (eg 800 or so ... not 1000). Low risk, high payoff. You show up, beat on some monks and villagers, steal their golden chalices and crucifixes and whatnot, and split before the huscarls or whoever shows up. As long as you don't happen to fight other Vikings and as long as plans don't go horribly wrong, it would be one of the better picks I think.
Sikander View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Sikander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2007 at 12:40
I would like to be a warrior-monk, fighting against iniquity.

But in reality I think I would be chosen to be a crossbowmen or just a levied peasant! I guess I should call it "Murphy's Law", eheheh!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>