Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Georgian research for MTW2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgian research for MTW2
    Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 04:21
Hi, I'm a one of the developers for Medieval Total Realism, a mod for Medieval Total War 2.

Of course, the game is not out yet, but we're in the stage of research.

As this place is teeming with Georgian-enthusiasts, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

We're looking for a team of researchers to research for a Georgian faction for MTR with a nominated head researcher.

As head researcher:
1) You will supervise and lead research activities concerning the Georgians in the period 1054-1500's
2) Co-ordinate with skinners to produce Georgian military units
3) Co-ordinate with me to present information on Georgians - culture, religion, miscellaneous...
4) Make sure Georgians are represented correctly and accurately

PM me if ur interested.

Regards, Nestorian.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 07:08
What civiliizations are you going to put into MTR 2?
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 10:49

1) Roman Empire

2) Holy Roman Empire

3) France

4) England

5) Normandy

6) Normans of Sicily

7) Venice

8) Leon-Castile

9) Navarre

10) Moors

11) Poland

12) Danes

13) Kievan Rus

14) Georgia

15) Serbia

16) Turks

17) Egyptians

18) Hungary

19) Papal States

20) Scotland

21) - Free slot, undecided

1) Burgundy

2) Norwegians

3) Swedes

4) Cumans (Kipchaks)

5) Volga Bulgarians

6) Alans

7) Bohemia

8) Aragon

9) Pechenegs

I thought Georgians would jump at this, seems I was wrong. Oh well, I guess, I'll just have to make some guesses about Georgian culture, its military, hehehe.. ;D
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 16:51
I dont want to be rude or anything, but are you a game researcher/developer in real life or some fantasy world? because I got to tell you, this

Oh well, I guess, I'll just have to make some guesses about Georgian culture, its military, hehehe.. ;D

is very amateurish, if you are going to make a game that would bring in millions of dollars, you would want to have a precise hold on facts...no?

on that note, might I mention Armenia for the undecided slot

although it is already in RTW

Edited by mamikon - 08-Jul-2006 at 16:53
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 17:49
     Your undecided slot should go to Cilician Armenia. Their military is very unique, with Naxarar horsemen, Didebuls, Armenian infantrymen and archers, as well as crusader/latin units. Good blend of east and west, and their location is challenging (between Byzantium and the Muslim world).
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
polak966 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote polak966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2006 at 17:54
hey nestorian, i left a recruitment request to you guys but i never got a response bak. but since this oppertunity has come up ill ask you. although im not going for georgia here, do you guys need a good polish historian. im a pole myself, its my first language, i know a good deal on the history of the country and its military.
ive dne a large amount of work for chivalry tw, not just on poland, but ive tackled other things that have come up aswell. i did the campaign map, factions names, and rebels.
i await your response.
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 05:08
Email me at fuzzwuzznuzz@hotmail.com Polak or add me to MSN.

Mamikon, CA made guesses in their RTW game and they made millions :P

Of course, I wouldn't make guesses, I was JOKING. And no, its not my job in real life. Cilician Armenia will not be included because they are not an independent faction in 1054. If you're talking about Sasun, its too small. The Shaddadids and Tashir are too small too.

The Caucasian regions in the concept map I'm creating now will have the following caucasian provinces:

1) Northern Azerbaijan ( capital: Darband)
2) Iberia (capital Tbilisi)
3) Abhazia (capital - undecided)
4) Vaspurakan (capital: Van)
5) Taron (capital: Theodosiopolis)
6) Sunia-Khaketi (capital: Nachivan)

I'm not going to get involved in any Armenian-Georgian debate about my province allocations.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 05:45
when you say egyptians you mean mamelukes right
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 09:12

As I said before, the mod goes from 1054 to 1500s so we must use a generic term for the Fatimids, Mamelukes, Ayyubids as such. Its unfortunate, but thats our limitation.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2006 at 13:04
I should say, you did do research, it has been a long time sicne I heard anyone mention Tashir (Taron in Armenian, at least I think) Clap

but Cilicia was independent!

independent from 1080

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilicia
Nestorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Nestorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 01:24
Yeah, I'm familiar with Cilician but since the mod begins in 1054, we can't have an independent Cilicia Armenia because it is still under the control of the Byzantines. Best I can do is include Armenians as mercenaries and create Byzantine family names of Armenian origin. eg. Curcuas (Gourgen), Vardanes (Vardan), etc, etc.

In fact, I would appreciate your help in research for Armenian soldiers, culture and religion from between 1054 - 1500.

Once again, I apologise for excluding Armenia.

The last remaining slot goes to the Mongols.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 11:29
How about Wales for the undecided spot? It was a kingdom in the Middle Ages all of the way up to 1283.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 12:31
It would be a one province kingdom that would eventualy be invaded. Neat to play, but doesn't add much to the game.
Arrrgh!!"
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 14:08
Originally posted by Cywr

It would be a one province kingdom that would eventualy be invaded. Neat to play, but doesn't add much to the game.

They should at least be a rebel province with some uniqueness.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 16:44
They probably will be, but their own faction not.
Best to leave that for a Britannia TW mod or something
Arrrgh!!"
polak966 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote polak966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 21:40
i have some more suggestions for the last nation:
bulgaria, lithuania (respresented by a lose tribal state early on, then devloping into a medieval nation in the 1200's), and possibly a mainland italian city state?
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2006 at 10:57
Originally posted by Cywr

They probably will be, but their own faction not.
Best to leave that for a Britannia TW mod or something

Yes, I remember a Rome Total War Mod that tried to make rebel provinces a wee bit unique(like Eprius).

Anyways, is this mod covering any the 15th Century, because it would be cool to have a Hussite Wagenburg or some unique Hussite units for Bohemia. Or even include Jan Zizka as a general.

Herschel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Herschel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2006 at 21:50
Originally posted by mamikon

I dont want to be rude or anything, but are you a game researcher/developer in real life or some fantasy world? because I got to tell you, this

Oh well, I guess, I'll just have to make some guesses about Georgian culture, its military, hehehe.. ;D

is very amateurish, if you are going to make a game that would bring in millions of dollars, you would want to have a precise hold on facts...no?

on that note, might I mention Armenia for the undecided slot

although it is already in RTW

lol, I laughed. You know they are a group of people making a modification to a game that is being made by others, right? The developers are known to go for fun, not historical accuracy. This modification will attempt to correct their errors --- and they don't make millions of dollars on modifications that they give away for free.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 15:48
Actually, the game is WAY more fun with historical accuracy. Heck, with some of the historical inaccuracy on Rome Total War, I expect that all Scottish infantry will have kilts. I hope they get rid of the faction colors thing, because that is just idiotic and nobody would ever dress in pink.

Urungu Han View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Urungu Han Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2006 at 06:09

Are Timur Turks in this game?I will enjoy playing with them :d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>