Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attila the Hun-is he Asian or Indo-European?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attila the Hun-is he Asian or Indo-European?
    Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 10:40
Germans and Huns, i beleve, or i wish, became allys a long time ago,lol.

Attila is buried, in a local folk story, under the Tisza river close to Becej(Becse) in modern day Vojvodina. He was buried with gold and silver, .....also his closest bodygards and women and a lot of horses. This is very posible,not the location but the story about gold and horses etc.

One more story,local afcorse,......sacrafice of horses was done somewhere betwwen Kikinda,mokrin and Idjos(Nagy Kikinda, Mokrin and Hegyes) also in Vojvodina. Sometimes in the night you can still hear horse sounds while they are being slayed. This was done to please the God of(for) horses and war.

Attila was Hun,....probably Sybirian(or Uralian). I would never say that he was european realy, nor was he asian(mongolian).

Turks are a lot like Hungarians.......the  can be dark and brown or light and blond,....eyes normal and european or almond shape eyes..........short or tall,hehe.

If you say your Hun and i say im Hun and you dont beleve me then its a Hun custom that we fight,lol.....
Hun is a synonym for fighting and nastyness and savageness and war,......quite nice isnt it?Everyone that is not a pacifist is a Hun in my book,hehe.
Betmen, Mandrak, Fantom
minchickie View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2006 at 13:17
Originally posted by Death

Attila was Hun,....probably Sybirian(or Uralian). I would never say that he was european realy, nor was he asian(mongolian).

I agree with this!
parthenon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote parthenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 08:27

I also watched that American movie Attila , and the British actor made me confused: Attila, a Hun, came from Asian, why white?

Then, I should say, Attila, absolutely was Asian, mongolian-like, for they all lived in North China before the Hun were defeated by Han Empire and moved westward.

As for Hun, the specific name, I think before they moved west, they already got their name Hun.  At least, Hun got its name could be traced to China's Han Dynasty(202B.C to 220A.D.).  In Han Dynasty, due to the frequent ravaging of the Hun across the borders of north China, people already called them Xiongnu, also Hu . See? Very similar to Hun in pronouciation.
After all, tomorrow is another day.:)
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 08:49

Having Asian features doesn't mean being Chinese or Mongolian.

As far as I know, Attila and his Huns were Turkic.

Edited by barish - 16-Jul-2006 at 08:50
parthenon View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote parthenon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 08:53
There is a northern ethnic poem collected in a famous book in Song Dynasty called Chinese Ancient Poems Collections,also Yue Fu Shi Ji. The poem named Chi Le Ge, means a song of Chi Le people.
                                                      敕勒歌
                                                     (北朝乐府)

敕勒川,阴山下,
                                                 天似穹庐,笼盖四野。
                                                    天苍苍,野茫茫,
                                                    风吹草低见牛羊。

That song or poem describes the prairie scenery and the life of the ethnic groups living in iner-Mongloid. It was written in Xian Bei , one of the ethnic groups in north China, and then translated into Chinese (Han). However, many say it is a song of the Hun, for some specific words are from the Hun language, like 敕勒(Chi Le) and 穹庐(Qiong Lu). 

This also can be an evidence of the Hun were  from East Asia.

After all, tomorrow is another day.:)
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 15:46

Barish, ok. If you say that Huns are Turks then OK. I dont think Hungarians have anything against that,haha.

Having Asiatic features means that you look like a Mongolian or Chenees or Korean or Japanees... Not Turk, Turks are Turks!
If Turks are Asiats then you are in that 2 bilion+ group of yellow skin and almond eyes.....and you musnt be taller then 1,75 cm.

If your prooving that Huns are Turks , same as Hungarians do to make their history more glorious then i dont know,.......but beleve me, one Hun could kick a** of two Hungarians and two Turks together,lol.
Betmen, Mandrak, Fantom
Death View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 15:48
One more thing,...the piont,.....do Turks come from Ural or Syberia?If they do then Huns are Turks!
Betmen, Mandrak, Fantom
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 16:36

If Turks are Asiats then you are in that 2 bilion+ group of yellow skin and almond eyes.....and you musnt be taller then 1,75 cm.

Geographical conditions directly affects the hair and skin color.

Height is not only dependant on genetics.

And Turks of Turkey were mixed with Persians, Slavs, Greeks and Anatolian locals...

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 17:59

Barish, ok. If you say that Huns are Turks then OK. I dont think Hungarians have anything against that,haha.

Having Asiatic features means that you look like a Mongolian or Chenees or Korean or Japanees... Not Turk, Turks are Turks!

If your prooving that Huns are Turks , same as Hungarians do to make their history more glorious then i dont know,.......but beleve me, one Hun could kick a** of two Hungarians and two Turks together,lol.
dude yes turks are huns let me say this all huns are turks but not all turks are huns they were tribes. like you have roman and italian now.

chinese people generaly look the same.

I wishi could say that for turkic people but I can't turks mix with every body so how further you go east how more asian they look how further you go west how more they look caucasian. but even the xiongnu(asian huns)bc era were described asian but with collored hair and eyes.

uigur
looks lot like a chinalen right

kyrgiz
see how he looks like the other but not the same.

uzbek
(not the best photo see he's getting more "caucasian")

kazak
looking more like mongolians

turkmen
see even more caucasian looking bit persian also

azeri
even more persian looking

caucas turk(kafkas)
meBig smile
here I look more "asian"
  ahiska turk like me prob  the only large group of turks in the caucasus(not anymore thanks stalin)
Tatar
see mixed with locals(slavs)

Anatolians are way to diverse to put here.

due right now i fotgot why i put these pics up so many btw I realy don't know why they're all old dude exept me haha.
so what the point is we have asian and caucasian looking there is no such thing as pure humans mabet the bush men i don't know.

cechk this xiongnu in mulan hahaha
wen I watch this movie i always wanted tohe huns won I was 7 or 8 And I had no idea what huns were. but I was like go huns kick those chinese asses  + they look badass.(turkish saying kan ceker orsomething like that it means something like the sqme blood atracts eachother)

well have funBig smile

I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 19:59
Huns were not Turks. Most Turks look olive skin color and very arab and mediterenean looking with those genes.
There was NO LEFT SCRPTS of Hun language to compare it to anything at all! I laugh when people here post "Hunnic words" on this forum; where you get this from? You made it yourself??  LOL
This is hilarious.
Now if you look at Japanese compared to Chinese, Mongolian and Korean, the Japs dont have very slanted eyes and not very flat noses.  Hungarians have the wide cheekbones still today and ligher features and almond eyes. I think some Turks have it too but most of them dont look very Asiatic. The Turks that do look Asiatic are in those eastern Turkic countries like Kazakastan , etc.

I would say maybe the Finns are closer to "Hunnic" than anyone. This theory I think is much more sensible than "Huns were Turkic people". No proof of it at all!

Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 20:03
Turks come from Mongolians. Hungarians and Finns from Urals Much longer than "Turks". Noone even knows where Hungarian (magyar) language came from. It has alot of Turkish words but still  is very different. The only thing we know is we are from the Urals.

Edited by minchickie - 16-Jul-2006 at 20:50
Shogun
Shogun

Quote minchickie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 20:18
Some Hungarians. You can see the Asiatic features still.
(The singer Akos, I love him!)

Edited by minchickie - 16-Jul-2006 at 20:37
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 22:26
interesting topic Big smile  Hi minchickieWink

Edited by hunnic_empire - 16-Jul-2006 at 22:51
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 23:35
Originally posted by minchickie

Huns were not Turks. Most Turks lookolive skin color and very arab and mediterenean looking with those genes.

Turks didn't come to Anatolia through Arabian lands. So your claim is nonsense.

Are there racial Arabs among the Turks of Turkey? Of course, but I am sure they are aware of it.

Our claims generally based on the names of the Hunnic leaders.

By the way Attila's Huns were just a branch of Huns.

There were Hunnic empires located in Asia too, streching from Mongolia to Syberia.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2006 at 23:37
Originally posted by minchickie

Does this person look Asiatic to you?

Is this a joke?

Edited by barish - 16-Jul-2006 at 23:40
Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 05:55
"If Turks are Asiats then you are in that 2 bilion+ group of yellow skin and almond eyes.....and you musnt be taller then 1,75 cm"

"Now if you look at Japanese compared to Chinese, Mongolian and Korean, the Japs dont have very slanted eyes and not very flat noses"

Actually, Japanese are shortest among East Asians, Chinese had tallest population especailly the Northen Chinese people (check the 19th century painting and photogrpah; sometimes Chinese are taller than the Euroepans and Germans). Also, Northern Chinese have much pointy nose than Japanese (dont be fool by the typical pop cutlure from Japan). Chinese models are tall and have won numerous awards while Japanese, being short, not spectacular....... 

Anyway, does any guy and girl found East Asian attractive at all? It seems East Asian males are not well received as sex symbol as Africans or Whites....(which is kind of racist though as European look dominate our view of what beauty define)

Edited by Kids - 17-Jul-2006 at 05:56
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 07:14
Minichikie even if you were right the hungarians still aren't closer to the huns. how many huns stayed in hungary. 1000 10000 20000 or even 50 000. So when they mixed they bloodline got "inpure" so we could say that the hungarians have more way more slavic genes.
so according to your logic because the huns lived in hungary and mixed you can claim them.

what about the huns who went back to central asia with whom did they mix they were more of them in asia so they probably mixed with turks so we according to you are more hunnic.

Geek does this make sence 
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 07:18
For the Hun - Hungarian relations, its much more likely an Avar - Hungarian connection. Attila died 453 while the Magyars arrived to the Carpathian Basin cca. 895. On the other hand we know that avars lived there when the Magyars arrived.
arras View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote arras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 08:24
Raiders >> "On the other hand we know that avars lived there when the Magyars arrived"
I disagree. If, than only as part of slavic population in to which they were already assimilated by that time. By the way I heared some Hungarians claim to be descendants of Avars too (as well as Huns). Is that common opinion in Hungary?

JuMong >> is there something which is not crap in your opinion? Seems everithing is with exeption of your own. Well thats what I call "racist".

Scytho-Sarmatian >> thanks :)

ijjas >> those face reconstructions are interesting but localization of graveyard and its age is teling nothing about ethnicity of people buried there. If there were some weapons, potery, jevelry etc.. all can help to identify them. Avaric graves are usualy identified with help of artifacts buried as well as way bodies were buried. In VIII-IX ct Avars did not exist as political and military pover anymore. At last they are not mentioned in both Roman and German sources.

Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 08:49
Originally posted by arras

Raiders >> "On the other hand we know that avars lived there when the Magyars arrived"
I disagree. If, than only as part of slavic population in to which they were already assimilated by that time. By the way I heared some Hungarians claim to be descendants of Avars too (as well as Huns). Is that common opinion in Hungary?

Well the survival of Avars is generally accepted in Hungarian historiography, their numbers what is disputed. The late Pl Engel presumed that this survival Avars were the ancestor of Szeklers, while Lszl Gyula spoke Avar masses speaking finno-ugric language. (According to his view rpad's Hungarian were Turks and mixed these late avars just like the Bulgar with the local slavs.)

Nevertheless mainstream opinions (like Gyula Krist) state that the avar population number was not significant, many of them were assimilated to the local slavs.

Sources for Avar survival:
- Conversio Bagoariorum et Carantanorum:
Mentions Avars as a still living ethnic group (cca. 871)
- Annales of prior Regino:
Avars in 889.
- De Administrando Imperio:
Mentions Avars as a separate ethnic group in Croatia (first half of the X. century)

Additionaly:
- Some historian also presume that the expression pastores Romanorum in Anonymus' Gesta Hungarorum is also a reference for the Avars.

- Theotmar the bishop of Salzburg (~900) mentions that some of the slavs were false-christians, shaved their heads and joined to the Magyars and lived the same way. Some suggest that these "slavs" were partially assimilated avars.

There are also archeological evidences, though determination of exact dates by archeological findings is rather difficult.

Edited by Raider - 17-Jul-2006 at 08:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>