Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Attila the Hun-is he Asian or Indo-European?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attila the Hun-is he Asian or Indo-European?
    Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 02:42
Originally posted by Penelope

One of the most common misconceptions are that the Xiong Nu were a pure ethnic group. They were a mixture of many different peoples to begin with.

whats your point?  modernday Turks all around the world are.
some more then the other.
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2007 at 22:21
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Originally posted by Penelope

One of the most common misconceptions are that the Xiong Nu were a pure ethnic group. They were a mixture of many different peoples to begin with.

whats your point?  modernday Turks all around the world are.
some more then the other.

You have stated my point.
attilahunli View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote attilahunli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2011 at 03:43
First of all My name is Attila.  Im maygar, turk, mongolian.  Im non indo european.  Yes there are some magyars who are white with light hair and blue or green eyes.  Im olive skin, swarthy complexion and dark eyes.  A lot of people don't know but there's a Attila Hotel in mongolia.  Im proud that the HUNS are my ancestry.  Unfortunatley a lot of europeans will deny Attila was asian.  Let's just say realistically speaking behalf of all my ancestry's The Huns I, Attila is not white and sure Attila The Hun was not white.  And my final word is the true magyars all came from Asia through the Huns.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2011 at 08:40
You have to be proud of ancestors of you!Ancient Thracian type was genotype that already was mixed with
European genotype.Benefits were various.Immunology and health of human bodies were most of all. 
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2011 at 16:14
Originally posted by attilahunli

First of all My name is Attila.  Im maygar, turk, mongolian.  Im non indo european.  Yes there are some magyars who are white with light hair and blue or green eyes.  Im olive skin, swarthy complexion and dark eyes.  A lot of people don't know but there's a Attila Hotel in mongolia.  Im proud that the HUNS are my ancestry.  Unfortunatley a lot of europeans will deny Attila was asian.  Let's just say realistically speaking behalf of all my ancestry's The Huns I, Attila is not white and sure Attila The Hun was not white.  And my final word is the true magyars all came from Asia through the Huns.

Well I'm happy to see you here and welcome you to the forum. And I honestly don't care about your ethnic background...I respect it.. and understand why you do as well. And that's the funny thing about nationalism and ethnicity perse. It's a dynamic and useful force but is also two edged. It can also be quite destructive and in the hands of corruptive influence (usually for political purposes) can subsequently be detrimental.

But again welcome here...and I look forward to your insights.

Thanks
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

attilahunli View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote attilahunli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2011 at 08:01
I don't care either about you not caring about my ethnic backround.  I just simply was saying that Attila The Hun was not white but was mixed like me.  That is my simplicity words of my expression.  Thanks From Attila.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2011 at 08:26
God bless variety of human colors!Amen!I care!Thumbs Up
Vagos View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Vagos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2011 at 11:37
attilahunli  all nations were and are mixed...   Attila was so far I know a Hun. Huns were Asian people(and with Asian in this case I mean mongoloid) .  But the Huns had also other many other tribes in their armies...

The movies that portrayed Attila as a European (Gerard Butler)  are actualy very funny to seen but they are only  movies for enteitainment.  nothing more nothing less.....  just as the ''300'' who portrayed the Persians as monsters and orcs    or ''Troy''  ..

If I will entertain myself , than I 'll watch a movie. If I  'll learn history than I read history books ..

But honestly I don't think that  the modern Hungarians have relations with the ancient Huns...      Maybe are some hungarians relate but not all of them ....  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819