Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About Saudis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Saudis
    Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 15:47
Originally posted by Forgotten

most of the white saudis are turkish in roots

this is new explain further
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 19:40
Originally posted by Maziar

Btw, as i know only the balls were cutted, not the dick.
They also used to do it in the Catholic church for male singer. With the testosterone from the testicles gone the male singers had a much higher voice.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 20:23
Slavery and castration have a long history in the Middle East. Eunuchs were a common part of court life, being dependable servants who could harbour no ambitions of establishing their own dynasties, for obvious reasons. Look back on ancient Mesopotamian wall reliefs for clear evidence, the unbearded men represented with Assyrian, Babylonian and Persian kings were typically the eunuchs.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 21:10

Originally posted by Gloval

Just what is the ethnic composition of saudi arabia? I suppose everyone who isn't a recent immigrant is an arab, but if there are blacks living there, is there a percentage of them in the census?

As Azimuth said, it is hard to know exactly because it is hard to find whole community of pure Afro-saudis. However, estimates are made on what the percentage of Saudis of African descends(not mixed).  CIA world fact book will tell you for instance 90% Arab, and 10% Afro-Asiatic or basically black. Is this precise? I dont' know how they got that percentage if no Saudi census so far included race as an option even!
Regarding the racial component of Saudis, you can say that most of Saudi Arabia is of homogeneous population except the Western part or the Hijaz part. What made Hijaz different is:
1- Mecca and Medina, attracting many Muslims overseas to reside there over the past 1400 years after Islam establishment.
2- Hijaz, especially Jiddah and Mecca, laid on the major trade route between Europe, Africa and Asia. Therefore, many traders of foriegn origin resided there.

Most Caucasian looking saudis are of Turkic origin or Central Asian origin. Also some can trace themselves to the Arnauts (Albanians mainly) who Mehmet Ali brought to Hijaz during his wars against the Saud family during 1850's.  Many families can be traced to their origin despite their mixture look via their last name. For instance, surnames such as Turkistani, Khojah, Tambousi, Bukhari...etc are mainly central asians originally. Daghestanis are clearly immigrants from Daghestan republic of the Russian Federation next to Chechenya. Jawis are from Jawa or Java region of Indonesia, Okashah too are Malays.  Kurdistani, Jalal aldeen, and so on are Kurds.

Finally, many Uzbek saudis existed only in the past 60 years due to immigration from the Soveit Union due to religious prosecution. They chose to reside in Hijaz for obvious reasons as the Mecca and Medina location and the previous central asian population existing there.

Edited by ok ge - 05-Jul-2006 at 21:12
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2006 at 21:25
Cok Gec

Do you have any otherinformation regarding this albanians who settled in arabia. I knew about egypt, but about arabia...Do you know any family name, their social status?In which region do they live?Do they speak albanian ( I strongly doubt that)
Thank you
Prej heshtjes...!
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2006 at 13:08
Originally posted by Arbr Z

Cok Gec

Do you have any otherinformation regarding this albanians who settled in arabia. I knew about egypt, but about arabia...Do you know any family name, their social status?In which region do they live?Do they speak albanian ( I strongly doubt that)
Thank you

I really don't know precisely the family names of Albanian as of now, but I will ask those of older generations. The reason is that their names are not usually kept original as they modify it to ease assimilation. Borno for instance is disputed if it is Bosnian, Albanian or even French. Definitely their facial features exhibit those of European look, not even white middle eastern, however, intermarriages is so common that you can find a green eyed Saudi with the name Yemani.
Names can also note the region they came from. Many Saudis of the last name Al-Masri which literally means "the Egyption", does not mean necessarily they are originally Egyption. They can be Albanians or Turks who came from Egypt and setteled in Hijaz.
Unfortunately, the biggest bulk of Albanians who preserved their heritage were kicked out during the Saudi conquest of Hijaz Kingdom during 1925-1927 AD. Those were usually Bektashis who shared The heterodox practices of the Bektashiya such as Alcohol consumption.

Probably the Albanians are the most recent immigrants to Hijaz as Mehmet Ali (originally Albanian) preferred an Army of Albanians Arnauts and Greeks even. It is definite that they stayed after Mehmet Ali success in Hijaz to ensure his domain there. How many of them still there today? i doubt it really. One thing for sure is, all the races that came to Hijaz ,without exception, have assimilated with locals and previous immigrants.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Forgotten View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Forgotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 21:03
Originally posted by xi_tujue

Originally posted by Forgotten

most of the white saudis are turkish in roots

this is new explain further

Read "ok ge " Posts.

in The Western Region Of Saudi Arabia , You Can Find Alot Of Saudis With White Skin Or Let Us Say More Lighter Than Brown And Most Of Them Are Turks From Eastern Turkistan And Other Central Asian Countries Specially Uzbeks , They Get Married With Native Saudis But Not In a Big Rate Some Families Are Still Fully Turkic , Also People From Chechen And The Other Qafqas Areas  , These People Came During The Soviets Invasion To Thier Countries , Also Anatolian Turks During The Ottman Empire , Also The White Or More Loighter Skin Than Brown Arabs From Syria Lebanon Jordan And Mostaly Palestine Who Lived In This Region From Along Time.

In The Middle Region Where The Capital City Is , Riyadh , Burida , Onaiza Which Called Qasim You Can Find Alot Of Saudis With Arabic Phisical Appearance But With Lighter Skin Than Brown Or Totally White Skin And Most Of These People Have a Turkish Blood Since The Days Of The Ottomans , But Ofcourse The Majority Are Having Brown Skin Just Like The Eastern Region And The South And This Is Goes For The Rest Of The People In The Gulf Area.

For Black Saudis , Most Of Them Are Living In The South , Let Us Not Forget That "Habashi" People From Africa Invaded Yemen And Stayed For Hundereds Of Years Along Time Ago.

Edited by Forgotten - 05-Sep-2006 at 21:04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12