Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About Saudis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About Saudis
    Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 06:51
Please don't get me wrong on this.

I watched the Tunisia-Saudi Arabia game the other night and I must say that the Saudi players looked somewhat different from what I would have expected.
One is familiar with the looks of members of the Saudi Royal family, who look like what us Westerners would Arab people expect to look like, but the Saudi player looked more like, let's say Somali or Ethiopian people, with somewhat darker skin.
As I haven't been the only one to have noticed that, having just been asked by a colleague, I wonder if anybody could enlighten me , first if that observation is correct ,and secondly on the ethnic composition of Saudi-Arabia.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 07:00

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 07:02

I heard once that Saudi Arabia has bought alot of players from Africa.

Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2006 at 10:38
The slave trade from Africa existed for more than a thousand years in the Middle East. The region occupied by Saudi Arabia was particularly involved in this trade. Unlike the trans-Atlantic slave trade, where slaves were typically used for manual labor on plantations, the African slaves bought by the Arabs were often women which served as servants and concubines. Arab masters often had children by their black servants, and by islamic law, that child was a free man. Thus, over a thousand years or more, a very significant African genetic component was introduced in the Saudi genetic pool.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 02:34
the majority of the Saudi population are light brown in skin color, there are big percentages of white and black too.

about the players, they are Saudi citizens and not recent immigrants or bought as "machine" said, they as Decebal said mostly descendents of slaves brought to Arabia centuries ago.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 07:12
Thats odd ive never heard of the descendents of slaves living in Saudi Arabia, or anywhere in the middle east for that matter.

I remember reading once that the Arabs used to cut the dick and balls off the Black slaves to stop them from reproducing with the natives.

Edited by machine - 18-Jun-2006 at 10:38
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 07:53

Oh Machine, do you have to use such Graphic language.
You've never heard of slaves in the Middle East????? Slavery was present in the Middle East and Africa for thousands of years before it was established in Europe.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 09:35
the cutting stuff is only in Turkey as far as i know.

in Arabia they were allowed to get married with each other and with the natives, the childerns whos father is a free man are free childerns regardless of their color.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 10:20
Cutting male genitals was used in all ME, from thousends of years ago. This was practicized only to harem's waiters, to make them eunuchs.

Btw, as i know only the balls were cutted, not the dick.

Edited by Maziar - 17-Jun-2006 at 10:21
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2006 at 13:02
Not all slaves in arabia were black, they were from all over the known world.

Edited by malizai_ - 17-Jun-2006 at 13:31
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2006 at 10:50
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Oh Machine, do you have to use such Graphic language.
You've never heard of slaves in the Middle East????? Slavery was present in the Middle East and Africa for thousands of years before it was established in Europe.

I know there were slaves in the Middle East, aswell as most places.
I just didnt think theyre were any remaining decendents of slaves.
By decendents i mean Black, not White/European or mongoloid etc etc.
Yeh they used Black slaves a hell of a lot longer than Europeans, yet we bare the brunt of being racist genocidal maniacsAngry

What are the numbers of African Blacks living in the Middle East??

Edited by machine - 18-Jun-2006 at 10:57
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2006 at 09:43
Prince bander's mother was black as well. As is Osamas Granfather.
Forgotten View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Forgotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2006 at 07:21

most of the white saudis are turkish in roots
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2006 at 07:44
Yeh they used Black slaves a hell of a lot longer than Europeans, yet we bare the brunt of being racist genocidal maniacs
A son of a black slave could become and did become King. Any blacks as American Presidents.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2006 at 00:01

Sparten thats not the point. Alot of Black people blame the White man for everything.

Gloval View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Gloval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2006 at 00:52

Just what is the ethnic composition of saudi arabia? I suppose everyone who isn't a recent immigrant is an arab, but if there are blacks living there, is there a percentage of them in the census?

Edited by Gloval - 02-Jul-2006 at 00:52
You don't spread democracy through the barrel of a gun.
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2006 at 01:13

Sparten

Ture there are Caliphs who were Black and others who were blond with blue eyes. and both sons of slavs.

Originally posted by Gloval

Just what is the ethnic composition of saudi arabia? I suppose everyone who isn't a recent immigrant is an arab, but if there are blacks living there, is there a percentage of them in the census?

hard to tell, the blacks in Arabia identify themselvs as Arabs, and unlike the west or america , there are no communities of different colors living together in Arabia, they are all mixed with the rest of the population.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2006 at 11:29
I dont think theyre would be many Blacks. Everyone mixes with the general population till there is enough of them to form their own communities.
Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 06:14
Originally posted by machine

Thats odd ive never heard of the descendents of slaves living in Saudi Arabia, or anywhere in the middle east for that matter.

I remember reading once that the Arabs used to cut the dick and balls off the Black slaves to stop them from reproducing with the natives.

I think it was the Chinese not the Arabs.
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2006 at 12:34
Originally posted by Raider

Originally posted by machine

I think it was the Chinese not the Arabs.

Eunuchs were used by a variety of cultures: from China, to the Middle East (and the Arabs), to India and even the Byzantines.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>