Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whos achieved more Arabs or Persians???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whos achieved more Arabs or Persians???
    Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 00:45

Whos the beacon for the Middle East in terms of achivements and empires?????

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 01:12
Thats a silly question, how can you possibly measure?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 02:22

Well if its a silly question dont say anything then.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 06:27

Its just a question to cause conflict.

Ask a question pretending to be innocent and un-suspecting, then sit back and eat the popcorn when Arabs and Persians start an online war against each other, insulting, exposing and ripping each other to shreads.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 07:03
Who shines as the brightest beacon of achievment in Europe? A bit of an awkward and difficult q to answer, isn't it?

Edited by Zagros - 12-Jun-2006 at 07:12
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 08:56
Originally posted by Bulldog

Its just a question to cause conflict.

Ask a question pretending to be innocent and un-suspecting, then sit back and eat the popcorn when Arabs and Persians start an online war against each other, insulting, exposing and ripping each other to shreads.

Damn you got me, my evil plan didnt workAngry Na that wasnt the plan, online wars dont happen on here anyway. If i wanted to cause conflict this would not be the ideal to place to do it.

Just curious thats all
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 08:59
Europe is more diverse than the Middle East, so its harder to answer.

But i will say Greece was the earliest shining beacon.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 15:34
What about the Celts? or the Nords, Vikings?

Middle East is very diverse aswell, have you forgotten the Assyrians? Babylonians? Sumerians........then there's Arabs, Kurds, Turks, Persians... its very diverse aswell.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2006 at 18:43
then...Armenians, Jews, etc...
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 04:29
Originally posted by machine

actully its the other way around, ME is far more diverse than Europe, the Middle east is the cradle of civilization and that is mesopotamia not iran as you wrote somewhere in this forum. Mesopotamian's history goes far more than 7000 years ago, not to mention the Egyptians, the phonecians, the Akkadians ( first Empire in the world ), the Assyrians, the Babylonians... ect

persians started contributing significantly in the Middle eastern History from around 2500 years ago.

Arabs Before Islam had kingdoms and built cities but they were not as significant as the persians, After Islam Arabic and Islamic influence became the Significant factor in the Region and that was around 1400 years ago.

--------

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 06:14
Through the Arabs and Turks, Persian architecture and influences reached far and wide. They both achieved. Not just them but Greeks too with the reintroduction of Greek sciences and wisdom to a world which had lost them, but had been fortunately preserved by the persians along with their own.

Edited by malizai_ - 13-Jun-2006 at 08:00
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 09:24
Originally posted by azimuth

Originally posted by machine

actully its the other way around, ME is far more diverse than Europe, the Middle east is the cradle of civilization and that is mesopotamia not iran as you wrote somewhere in this forum. Mesopotamian's history goes far more than 7000 years ago, not to mention the Egyptians, the phonecians, the Akkadians ( first Empire in the world ), the Assyrians, the Babylonians... ect

persians started contributing significantly in the Middle eastern History from around 2500 years ago.

Arabs Before Islam had kingdoms and built cities but they were not as significant as the persians, After Islam Arabic and Islamic influence became the Significant factor in the Region and that was around 1400 years ago.

--------

I wouldn't necessarily say that the Middle East is far more diverse than Europe. They are both very diverse, but the Middle East has had a longer recorded history than Europe. But that doesn't make it far more diverse than Europe. Let''s not rebuff an ignorant statement with another ignorant statement.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 14:25
Today's middle east is less diverse than Europe.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 16:47
in terms of language alone... yes. but culturally, europe I would say is about as diverse as the middle east.
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 16:54
Aye, agreed Zagros; especially considering the gradual, unconscious reduction of cultural differences, and the increasingly globalistic--or at least internationalistic--influences in and on European countries since the second half of the twentieth century.

-Akolouthos

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 17:28
Its not though.

There are five main groups in the Middle East, if we don't count the Caucauses as included.

Arabs, Jews, Kurds, Turks, Persians.

There are smaller communities of Assyrians, Druze

Well in Iran there is more diversity but if you don't include Iran than its Arabs, Jews, Kurds, Turks so it cannot be considered as diverse as Europe in today's world, historically speaking it has been very diverse but not today.
Albert Pine

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 17:33

Iran has more than just that, we have Lors, Bakhtiari, Qashqai, Azari, Turkoman, Turkish, Persian, Kurdish Feyli, Kurdish Sorani, Kurdish Kermanji, Kurdish Gorani, Kurdish Yazidi (all different), Balochi, Pashtun, we have a minority with a Dravidian tongue (from pre Aryan period), Jews, Gilaki, Mazandarani, Georgian, Armenian, Assyrian, Catholics, Protestants, Zaroastrians, Shia, Sunni, Baha'i  --- all with a frm historical root except the catholics and protestants.

That is Iran alone.

Edited by Zagros - 13-Jun-2006 at 17:35
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 17:45
But this is like saying middle east is diverse there are Syrians, Iraqi's, Lebanease etc but actually there all Arab and speak Arabic.

Arnt all the Kurds just Kurds, I mean they speak Kurdish and identify themselves as Kurds?

The Qashqai, Azeri, Turkoman are Turks and speak Turkish.

If you see where I'm going I'm just pointing out that its not actually as diverse as Europe.

For example, French, Germans, Dutch, Itallians, Sweeds, English........ these are all vastly different to one another.

Kurds, Arabs, Turks, Persians arn't really all that different to each other, I mean there not really fundamental huge differences.
Albert Pine

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 18:29
Kurds, Arabs, Turks, Persians arn't really all that different to each other, I mean there not really fundamental huge differences.

is that a joke...?
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2006 at 19:04
Apart from language there is not a huge difference like say the difference between the French and Sweedish.
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>