Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EU thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EU thread
    Posted: 15-Aug-2004 at 22:09

SO many of us play Europa Universalis that there should be a basic thread for it!

I of course owe the members of this forum with recommending it to me and it has become one of my favs!

I have like 50 billion simutanoius games going at once, I cant seem to be able to play as any of the "conventional" nations the only Europeans I have EVER played as was Venice and Portugal.  I always end up playing as wierd dinky places like Benin or Malacca and trying to make them world powers.

I have also WON THE GAME as the IROQUOIS, is that nbot awesome?  I even conquered northern France and all of North America!  After getting guns and hoprses form teh Europeans that is.

Right now I have this rocking game as Vijayanagar.  I wanted to play as an Indian power but not a Muslim one so I took that although there is this EVIL historical even t that makes life hard I survived and conquered everything from Nepal to Madurai and Indus to Burma, plus limited indonesian colonization.  It really rocks to be the Hindu leader of a unified India and be such a conqueror, though everyone hates me.  I also re-converted all the northern Indians so India is all hindu again!

MY other recent accomplishment if playing as Ethiopia and seizing Alexandria and converting Mecca to Christianity! LOL

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 14:59
cmon people I know you rplaying it.......
-Alexander Hamilton
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 17:20

EU2 or just regular EU?

Oh well, I'm playing Ak Koyunlu now and created a super empire stretching from Antalya, around the little Karaman empire all the way up to Kobai in the north and down to Hormouz. Then everyone ganged up on me and I got tons of rebellions and lost plenty of land and my economy suffered. I am officialy a Sunni state, but I have 9 Shi'ite states, 4 Sunni ones, 2 Orthodox, 1 Buddhist and 1 Catholic (don't tell me why). I will post screenshots tomorrow.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2004 at 22:48
I havn't played it since getting Victoria, hmm, maybe i'll try and finnish one of my ongoing EUII games later.
Arrrgh!!"
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 01:24
Isn't Victoria strange I'm finding some trouble with it......... Ahh the creators of EU2 with such the obvious cheat codes.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 02:14
It takes some getting use too.
Set tariffs to max, brings in the cash with no negative side effects (a bug, so technicly an exploit).
Arrrgh!!"
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 09:10
Red sprayed areas are people who hate me and have declared war on me, white sprayed areas are those that used to be mine before the great Middle Eastern war.

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/1230/Akkoyunlu.jpg

Edited by Mast
DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 17:23

Originally posted by Mast

Red sprayed areas are people who hate me and have declared war on me, white sprayed areas are those that used to be mine before the great Middle Eastern war.

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/1230/Akkoyunlu.jpg

Ahh, the BadBoy wars.  Right?  You play my After the Flood mod, you'll have plenty of them.  Right now.  The tower of Babel event absolutely makes people hate you

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 05:11

Here are some pictures from my Karaman empire game (very difficult normal AI aggression), in which I unified all Turkish culture provinces. Most of the game I ran a Turkish-Sunni only country but towards the end I couldn't resist to expand a bit (taking the lands between the Turkish provinces along the Caspian and those in Anatolia, and Astachan while I was at it). In Europe I just wanted Thrace (because it was Turkish and it is a very rich, CoT and all) but ended up turbo-annexing some Ottoman provinces and kept those with manufacturies (most of my provinces have manufacturies although I lost something like 3 and had to rebuild due to wars). I released a muslim Bulgaria as a vassal and helped it expand into 2 more provinces (which I cannot convert due to my slider settings).

I could have expanded more into the historical Ottoman territory, but played differently. Karaman gets shields on all Ottoman shields for some reason, but it has only one culture- Turkish in contrast with the Ottoman 4! 

I could start colonising very late, due to tech and slider settings (highly tolerant) but I managed to do some colonising in Yakut and Russian far east. The game was very weird in that very little colonising happened around the world, with almost all the pagans alive and well.

Although I don't care for the score, I won the game easily.

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 15:31
LOL Ive never seen the Geman version before!
-Alexander Hamilton
DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 17:47

Nice!  I never play that late in a game....

I get bored if my nation gets powerful.

John Doe View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote John Doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 18:08
Haven't played in ages... but great game
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2004 at 23:08
Can someone give me a EU 2 home page?  I've searched on google to no avail and the game is starting to interest me.  Also, is EU 2 the asia chapters an expansion pack?
Mast View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Mast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 04:10
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/EuropaUniversalis.asp That is the official homepage
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 13:59
Also, is EU 2 the asia chapters an expansion pack?

Its a version of the game made purely to appeal to people in Japan/Korea, its exactly the same only it gives both Korea and Japan more provinces, making them wasier to play i guess.
Arrrgh!!"
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 16:12
Lol thank you.
DSMyers1 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DSMyers1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 17:13

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

Can someone give me a EU 2 home page?  I've searched on google to no avail and the game is starting to interest me.  Also, is EU 2 the asia chapters an expansion pack?

The forums are mammoth, and there are many great modifications.  Easily the best game I've *ever* played.  I've been stuck on it for 2 years.

But at least you learn a lot of history.  Or pseudo-history.... depending on how good you are

Post Reply Post Reply