Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShould Israel exist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should Israel exist?
    Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 07:55
I don't think US could stop supporting Israel because that would increase the chance of it being conquered by Arab states to a red zone. Without Israel in the area, the US would lose any major control they have had in the area in the recent years and that is just unacceptable to a country of such stature.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2004 at 12:41
Then thediplomat  stay out of this post if you do not want to comment on it.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 18:09

I agree that Israel has the right to exist as much as Assyria (or some sort of Christian Arab homeland), because Assyria had a rich history during antiquity and some influence later on and Kurdistan, because the Kurds are still concentrated in Northern Iraq and South-Eastern Turkey.

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2004 at 18:13

Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

I don't think US could stop supporting Israel because that would increase the chance of it being conquered by Arab states to a red zone. Without Israel in the area, the US would lose any major control they have had in the area in the recent years and that is just unacceptable to a country of such stature.

We'd have Iraq though.

Member of IAEA
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 03:18

The Jews are rich and powerful today in US society and they are certainly powerful enough to affect US policy on Israel. They certainly deserve to have a country of their own but it would be better if things could work out better on a fair basis. But the world is never fair. Whoever is stronger has a say on regional matters. The US could send troops to Iraq or Afganistan but President Bush has to have lunch conference with President Wu with smiles and business deals.

To me, both China and the US are great countries. The US should stay out of China because it means so much to all Chinese. China could on the other hand assist the US to fight the war on terrorism and agree with its policies as long as they are fair.

Edited by coolstorm
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 08:51
Originally posted by Genghis

We'd have Iraq though.

and Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia...
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 18:43
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

Originally posted by Genghis

We'd have Iraq though.

and Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia...

Yeah, exactly.  Israel is not necessary to America's foreign policy any longer, they must be cast off so better relations can be forged with the more influential and economically important Arabs.

Member of IAEA
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2004 at 18:56
America rather concentrate on Israel as a ally in the middle east over turkey tho, because they were not reliable on the Invasion of Iraq, and i can almost garentee you Israel would of let the US use there boarders.

Edited by Christscrusader
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2004 at 02:13
I meant that Israel is the only country that is vital to have control over, in that area due to its current military capabilities and nuclear weapons. Israel is small, but incredibly powerful. Israel could probably conquer a few of its neighbouring countries withoput any major trouble. Although if the US would stop supporting Israel, its power might waiver.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2004 at 16:45

Israel has an insanely good air force.  it may be samll but it kicks serious butt.

AssyrianGuy7 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 19:59

Originally posted by Imperatore Dario I

Originally posted by AssyrianGuy7

I believe israel should excist thats only if assyria excists.  Why is it that the jews get a country and the assyrians dont.  The assyrians have a greater history then the jewish history, the assyrians have been around longer then the jews have.  Both jews and assyrians went through genocides. Just because germans killed a few jews it does mean that british can come in and give jews land.  Assyrians have gone through genocides to the latest one is the armenian greek assyrian genocide.  Why didn't assyrians get a country. assyrians too got killed. still today assyrians are getting killed because of thier christian faith.  all of the church bombings in iraq were done to assyrian churchs. in the last 2 months 17 churches have been blown up. why aren't the british giving them a country?

A "few" Jews? Are you calling the MASSACRE of SIX MILLION  Jews as simple as "killing a few Jews"? Besides, I don't see any mass demonstrations asking for an independent Assyrian state, do you? But I advocate for a separate Assyrian state. Try persuading the Iraqi government to listen...hehe.

How long did the Jewish massacre last for. Not very long. How long has the massacre agianst Assyrians lasted. More then 500 years till today.  In averge every 100 years Assyrians go through 1 genocide. In the last 500 years Assyrians have been massacured and still are by Arabs, Kurds, Turks and Persians.  In the 1850's more then 50 Million Assyrians were killed by Kurds alone. We are one of the oldest nationalitys in the world and yet we are so little.  We are older then Egyptions Indians and Chinese.  In 1915 the turks wipped out 2/3 of the Assyrian population. They would off killed more but the other 1/3 ran away.  Thousands off villiges were wiped out by the Turks and Kurds. What Kurds claim is the heart of Kurdistan belonged to assyrian who were killed by the turks.  Still today in Iraq we are being killed for our religion and ethnicity. We are denied our ethnicity in the middle east, istead we are called "Christian Kurds" or even "Christian Arabs".  Jews only went through one massacure for a short time and only 6 million died. That is nothing compared to how many assyrians have died.  Our history is greater then the jews, we have been around longer then the jews. The jews even origiinated from assyrians, Abraham left Ur of the Chaldeans. Chaldeans are Assyrians of Babylon. How is it that the jews get a country and Assyrians don't, even though assyrians have suffered more. One word can descripe it all "Money". Being cheap pays off.

Edited by AssyrianGuy7
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 11:03

"How long did the Jewish massacre last for. Not very long."

what!?!  the Jews have been killed since the Romans became Christians.  and it probably went on before that.  Babylon and Assyria both conquered and killed many Jews.  even in the 1800s they were killed during pograms in Russia.  that's why so many went to America.  they've also been treated horribly at the hands of the Catholic church.

sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 15:09

Ahem...what part of Assyrian culture is still Assyrian? Do you guys study the Assyrian language, culture, history etc? Is the Assyrian language still in use?

Sorry if the questions are a bit imposing. But you claimed that Assyrians are older than Chinese, Egyptians and Indians. So I would like to see more proof on this.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 16:30

Originally posted by sephodwyrm

Ahem...what part of Assyrian culture is still Assyrian? Do you guys study the Assyrian language, culture, history etc? Is the Assyrian language still in use?

Yes Assyrians study the Assyrian lauguage, have thier own culture, and have thier own history.  If you have never heard of Assyrian history then you are uneducated. We were the first in the world to create an empire. 

Our lauguage is Aramaic (aka Syriac) the lauguage Jesus Christ spoke.  And to your last question, yes the Assyrian lauguage is still alive. Mnay people believe aramiac is dead but it is not.  It is spoken in our homes and churches still today.

"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 18:19

So how did the Assyrian empire collapse? How did the Chaldeans overtook you guys and then only to be replaced by the Persians?

It is clear that the lands Assyria held onto are no longer Assyrians. It is very sad to see a once mighty Empire crumble into a small population throughout thousands of years of history who don't even have their own state and not even their own religion (I consider Christianity a foreign religion to the Assyrians). I'm sorry. But I'm uneducated and can only make uneducated comments.

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 21:04
you said u guys formed the first empire on earth and when was that?
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 04:00

why should any country or people be given back the land if it has been lost or taken from them some time ago, in my opinion israel is like if the american indians were handed back over the US because how the were treated and are still being treated  the us support of israel is the cause of anti-american sentiment through out the world

Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 08:14
Originally posted by sephodwyrm

It is very sad to see a once mighty Empire crumble into a small population
throughout thousands of years of history who don't even have their own
state and not even their own religion (I consider Christianity a foreign
religion to the Assyrians). I'm sorry. But I'm uneducated and can only
make uneducated comments.

The Chaldeans are assyrian they are just from the city of Babylon. The
Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East is truly one of the
original Christian churches. The factor distinguishing
the Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East from the other
emerging religions of the time is the fact that the history and
development of the church was wholly contained within the Assyrian
nation. It is indeed unique for a Christian church to evolve independently
of Rome and the Eastern Orthodox churches, and within the Ottoman
Empire.

Edited by AssyrianGuy7
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 16:09
Any comments
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 18:07
Again if jews were given a country Assyrians should get one too. Since Assyrians are geographically hemmed in by Persians, Turks, Kurds and Arabs, they have suffered terrible persecution in the modern era. In 1915, many were slaughtered by the Ottomans and the Kurds. In 1919, they sought their own state. When the British took over Mesopotamia after World War I, they judged the Assyrians' situation so desperate that they considered moving them to Canada. In 1930, there were proposals to transfer them to South America, in 1932 to Syria. Following massacres by the Arabs in 1933, the British flew the patriarch to Cyprus for safety while the League of Nations debated moving them to Brazil or Niger(!). Under Saddam's censuses, they were not allowed to register as Assyrians, only as Arabs or Kurds.    http://www.freedomhouse.org/religion/publications/newsletter s/2003/Mar-Jun/newsletter_2003-Mar-7.htm

Edited by AssyrianGuy7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>