Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Next Total War
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [2.70%]
24 [32.43%]
4 [5.41%]
9 [12.16%]
6 [8.11%]
10 [13.51%]
19 [25.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Total War
    Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 22:30
You know what, I"d like to see a TOtal war Asia during the Tang Dynasty....fat chance though.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 22:33
That would be  in my Eurasian total war.
Arrrgh!!"
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 22:39
Hmmm as long as it includes Tang, Yamato, Shilla, Baekje, and Koguryo I"m all for it.
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 22:55
That would be pretty awsome.
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 23:01
You know what would be interesting?  Total War: world...
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 23:11
To awkward without major changes to the layout we are familiar with, i mean, how do you deal with a round globe?
Arrrgh!!"
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 23:30
Originally posted by Cywr

To awkward without major changes to the layout we are familiar with, i mean, how do you deal with a round globe?

You could make it a flat map.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 23:47
And allow travel from say Alaska to Kamchatka, off the edge of the map (assuming international date line is used as the divider)?
Arrrgh!!"
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2004 at 23:50
Hmmm, I guess... have it so that going from Kamchatka to Alaska goes through a loading period where the army (assuming this is RTW style) is dragged to, say an arrow that points to the general direction of Alaska (and it can say Alaska when the mouse is over it) and the army is tranferred (through the loading period) from Kamchatka to Alaska.... 

Dunno if that would be possible or not.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 02:01
India:Total war would be the best and most unique.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 02:10
India:TotalWar? That'll sell like hotcakes!
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 20:57

Originally posted by Catt

Murph, NTW is a modification to Medieval. These screens are of work for Rome Total War in its infancy. It is going to be in a completely different engine but made by the same folks, The Lordz.

difference here:
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Lordz27/ntwbatpic9.j pg

looks pretty similar, but i'm assuming that the game interface will be changed to the rome total war interface

Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 22:54
I doubt a game based on Warring State would be possible due to the limitation of our knowledge in the equipments (based largely in Qin's soldiers) and siege weapons (only literal records, but no hard evidences).

There was a Taiwanese company tried once in Warring State setting, but it turned out very poor.

Anyway, I believe next Total War would be in Napoleon age, but I wish they would include some Oriental elements into next project.

Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 22:59
Napolean + Oriental...sounds interesting...they could make it work...maybe...
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2004 at 23:04
I think they should make a Total War: Prehistory... it would die in about two weeks - but those two weeks would be intense periods of rock throwing combat and heavy clubbing.  Hey...at least I would buy it.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 00:16
Heavy,heavy rumours going around that the next intallment is Medieval Total War 2.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 01:47
Hmm, i guess its a safe bet, as a big chunk of the initial MTW fan base would buy it.
Hopefully will bring in the money to do something diffferent afterwards, unless they are bought by some big no-imagination having game giant like EA, in that case expect MTW III, then IV and so on.
Arrrgh!!"
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 04:09
"a big chunk of the initial MTW fan base would buy it."

oi, a sure winner. There is a Medieval mod in the works also. Those boys deep tapped the game without the help of tools,made CA tip their hat. Not sure but i think some modders might be working on animations.
I saw an interview with the president of CA earlier this year and from it i gathered that after the next(4th) it was going to move in a diferent direction from war, but who knows. If EA get it, its all over.
Kids View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 14:57
I wonder why no Oriental game makers try to make a good RTS game, considering the popularity of RTS in East Asia (Star Craft, AOK, etc....)
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2004 at 16:30
IIRC, a Korean company does.
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>