Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintings You Like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintings You Like
    Posted: 27-May-2006 at 03:35
Please post paintings you like in this thread.You may wish to explain them too Wink.

OVERSEAS GUESTS {Nicolas Roerich}

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 11:08

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 11:19
                     jhangora ki keer

TURKOGLU_ View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote TURKOGLU_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2006 at 08:19

HeartHeartHeart

Edited by TURKOGLU_ - 03-Jun-2006 at 09:22
While in custody,Mr.Koksun Selim jumped out of a small window of a rest room on the 6th floor of Suwon Immigration Control Office last February 27 at around 4 a.m.
MigrantOK Phillipines 2006. 4 No.9
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 19:30

Mary Cassatt-   Boating on the pond

James Whistler- Thames in ice

Edited by red clay - 03-Jun-2006 at 19:31
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2006 at 20:29

N C Wyeth- Brandywine Studio

N C Wyeth- Illustration for Last of the Mohicans
Unknown.
TURKOGLU_ View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote TURKOGLU_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 00:34

While in custody,Mr.Koksun Selim jumped out of a small window of a rest room on the 6th floor of Suwon Immigration Control Office last February 27 at around 4 a.m.
MigrantOK Phillipines 2006. 4 No.9
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 05:29

Las Meninas by Velasquez - Absolutely wicked and psychedelic for the time!

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 07:38
hieronymus bosch - tabletop of the seven sense

This painting was intended to be displayed lying flat. With its banderoles containing biblical inscriptions and the four circular scenes set into a dark background in the corners, the format recalls designs of stained glass windows. It has been pointed out that the four scenes in the corners show the Last Four Things:

• Death
  • Last Judgement
  • Hell
  • Heaven

• In the center is the Resurrected Christ and the Seven Deadly Sins are graphically shown around him in the shape of a mirror. The tabletop was presumably used by its owner as an object of contemplation and reflection upon human - and personal - sinfullness. The seven sins are:

• Ira (Anger)--> a woman restrains her angry, drunken husband
  • Superbia (Pride)--> a woman admires herself in a mirror held by a devil disguised as a servant
  • Luxuria (Lust)--> a young man & woman flirt, as they eat & drink while a jester entertains
  • Accidia (Sloth)--> a man dozes in front of a fire while a nun reminds him of his religious duty
  • Gula (Gluttony)--> a fat man and his fat child eat while a thin man drinks
  • Avarcia (Avarice)--> shows a corrupt judge taking a bribe
  • Invida (Envy)--> a bourgeois looks longingly at a wealthy aristocrat, envying his lifestyle
  •  

xi_tujue View Drop Down
    Arch Duke
    Arch Duke
    Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 08:05
    I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
    Zagros View Drop Down
    Emperor
    Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 08:31
    http://www.farshchianart.com/fa/html/onlineart.htm

By Ostad Mahmoud Farshchian.

Edited by Zagros - 04-Jun-2006 at 08:32
    red clay View Drop Down
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 08:33
    Who was the artist who did the portrait, 4th image from top? Xi Tujue, the style is familiar.
    Unknown.
    red clay View Drop Down
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 08:50
    Zagros- have to confess I was unfamiliar with Farshchian's work, It's very good, seems to me he was heavily influenced by Art Nouveau movement 1880-1915. 
    Unknown.
    xi_tujue View Drop Down
    Arch Duke
    Arch Duke
    Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 08:53
    Originally posted by red clay

Who was the artist who did the portrait, 4th image from top? Xi Tujue, the style is familiar.

GRICAULT, Thodore
    c. 1820
    Black chalk and watercolour
    Muse du Louvre, Paris
    you mean that one man right?

Edited by xi_tujue - 04-Jun-2006 at 08:57
    I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
    Zagros View Drop Down
    Emperor
    Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 09:02

Zagros- have to confess I was unfamiliar with Farshchian's work, It's very good, seems to me he was heavily influenced by Art Nouveau movement 1880-1915. 

Thos epaintings are remeniscent of Safavid era works, whcih were inspired by earlier Sassanid works which had some sort of connection to China.
    Mosquito View Drop Down
    Caliph
    Caliph
    Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 09:37
    hieronymus bosch: The garden of earthly delight - fragment:
    "I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Tsar
    Tsar
    Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 09:50
    http://www.ewf.uni-erlangen.de/intern/dekanat/fanfare2.htm please click on fanfare
    today ,the second time( see da vinci code) mosquito and me have the same taste.....it's the begining of a great freindship

red clay View Drop Down
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 12:14
    Originally posted by xi_tujue

GRICAULT, Thodore
    c. 1820
    Black chalk and watercolour
    Muse du Louvre, Paris
    you mean that one man right?

Yes, thats the one and now I know why it's familiar. Had to study techniques and subject handling for Art History, way back when.  Gericault was one of the artists I chose.  Thanx for the reply, that would have bothered me all dayTongue
    Unknown.
    red clay View Drop Down
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 12:32
    Originally posted by Zagros

Thos epaintings are remeniscent of Safavid era works, whcih were inspired by earlier Sassanid works which had some sort of connection to China.

Zagros, if you can, see if you can find some links that show Safavid and sassanid work and [this evening as I have tasks assigned by "superintendent" LOL] I'll post some Art nouveau and also work by Maxfield Parish. If your interested that is, it should be interesting to do a comparison. Farshchian's use of color is more typical of safavid, but general mood is reminiscent of Art Nou.  Which could have been inspired by Sassanid, Who knows?
    Unknown.
    red clay View Drop Down
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 12:37
     Ummm, why is the quote missing and my reply is showing in the quote box?
    Unknown.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>