Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silver Technology

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silver Technology
    Posted: 22-May-2006 at 15:49

Hi,

There was this program lately where Vinny Jones (an English ex-footy star and film actor) went to Mongolia in search of this enormous fresh water fish the name of which I have forgot.

However, my main query and reason for opening this new post was a very interesting tradition they had.

In the traditional tent houses of the Mongols before they drink they take a drop of it and let it run down their finger.

Now the reason for this is that, if the drop of drink touches the Silver ring and the ring change's colour it means there is poison in it.

In addition they said they used Silver for purification purposes.

Recently in the news there have been many headlines about Silver Technology and how it can help in the field of medicene.

Next-Generation Silver Technology Offers Dramatic Improvements in Treating Wounds and Burns

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/24af52.htm

etc etc

I was wondering if there are any Mongols here of if Turkic communities have any similar customs, their significance in society and their origins.

Regards
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 13:54
Common guys, someone must have something to say about this, its an important matter and going to get a whole hell of lot more important in the near future.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 07:55
BUMP
Albert Pine

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2006 at 12:08
i hear this for the first time man it's cool and weir what has it gott to do with the fish the rings I mean.??????confusing????????
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply