Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAE is not run well by both members and mo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE is not run well by both members and mo
    Posted: 20-May-2006 at 14:27
Because he sees double standard in this forum, he just said "Death to Israel" (obviously he meant Israeli state not Israelites), something which is said more than "Salam" (hello) in Islamic countries, but the interesting thing is that he is warned by those who themsleves have said many things so much worse than him about Israel!!

It did not bothered me what he said there,which could have been pure humour.But the whole incident showed how arrogant he is.He did not replied to the other members,who begged him,maybe i will have to say it again, begged him to stay for 5 web-pages(!).He did not respect them.Arrogance is not needed here.

Edited by Spartakus - 20-May-2006 at 14:29
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 14:53

One of the postive aspects of this forum is our ability to honestly share our thoughts and feelings with eachother. Cyrus Shahmiri shared his concerns about long time members finding it difficult to stay here after they had been disciplined. I think we all feel for those who spent so much time here that they kind of deserve a 'get out of jail' card when in trouble. Maybe they do and maybe they don't. What has been done is done. And it all happened by the rules we learned to follow.

I also noticed that some of those members could not stomach a warning. They were too proud to even say sorry. So they left. Maju left without a trace. That was his decision. We still wonder about him. Land of Aryan left by creating a disturbance for me and the mods. Hence part of the reason for this thread.

Well I've got something to say to both of them. You all had chances to redeem yourselves. Nothing too difficult really. Both could have continued here. Instead they disrespected this forum by vacating without closure or by sabotage. Either way, I have no repsect left for either one of them.

I think members appreciate the effort we (mods) provide by controlling the fringe elements and by establishing a common understanding that has brought mutual respect. I, for one, have learned to appreciate the many voices we have here. And I will continue to safeguard AE from dysfunction. I also want to continue fostering respect for all members by maintaining our decency. That is the way I want to keep AE. As a very special place for us all. I think most of you will agree.

Edited by Seko - 20-May-2006 at 14:54
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 14:58
Originally posted by Komnenos

Although no names have been mentioned, I would like to point out that all of AE's moderators involved in any of the cases above mentioned , and in all others not mentioned here, have acted with the fullest support of the current Forum Administation and will do so in the future. 
I agree the most moderators do their work with competence, but sadly a little groupe of "rotten apples" and hypocrites make the life so hard for the users.
Cyrus has a very good reason to post this thread.

Edited by Maziar - 20-May-2006 at 14:59
The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 15:12
Originally posted by flyingzone

I think you are comparing apples to oranges here.

Im not comparing necessarily, but i do remind and question the AE code of conduct& terms of use which is just above our head 

"8. Negative attitude; tone of confrontation, annoyance, or contempt; disrespectful toward other members. "

with regard to this person's behaviour

Originally posted by Spartakus

Oh come on!Maju was an egoistic prick!AE members begged him for 5 web-pages(!) and he did not even bother to answer to them.He did not respect them and the rest of us.So i say,to Hell!
which i view it clearly violates code 8

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 15:26
no charioteer, i would post something similar as Spartakus did, because "some people" did actually beg him to stay for pages, he didnt even bothered to answer taht he couldnt or so. Thats what i call egoism.

flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 15:35
Originally posted by Maziar

I agree the most moderators do their work with competence, but sadly a little groupe of "rotten apples" and hypocrites make the life so hard for the users.

I take offence to anyone calling any fellow moderator of mine a "rotten apple" or a "hypocrite." We are not perfect, but we don't deserve to be called as such. Angry

Would you do any better if you were in our shoes?  
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:15
I think he was referring to those users who increase the sensitivity of the environment in these forums, not the moderators.  and I would agree with him, as the number of members increase it'll be more difficult to keep the community intellectually immune. There must be something done to avoid the massive migration to such forums. after all, it's the decision of administrators whether they care more about quality or quantity. The bigger the forum, the lower the level of intellectuality.

After all, I think some newcomers are making it more difficult for others, because they are simply looking for a place to hang out and talk like they cannot talk in real life, jump on those who cannot jump!.. and simply share interesting stuff they find while surfing web and chatrooms. In effect of that, the rules of AE will be more strick and must be carried out with no exceptions and more frequently regardless of the intentions of users. This would hurt the core of AE. here has turned to be a site for childish conflictions. AE Tavern is probably the most active section which is very disappointing for a community with its original idea of 'discussing history.'

Something effective must be done if people wish to keep the AE logo (=purpose) as is.

Edited by ramin - 20-May-2006 at 16:20
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:15
Originally posted by DayI

no charioteer, i would post something similar as Spartakus did, because "some people" did actually beg him to stay for pages, he didnt even bothered to answer taht he couldnt or so. Thats what i call egoism.

Thanks for the enlightenment DayI.

But really, i dont care whatever makes you or Spartakus behave like that, but that kind of behaviour itself is violating AE code and if so both of you deserve punishment accordingly with the automatic response of the system.

Just as we dont care why would Maju make remark like "Death to Israel", but as his behaviour was blatantly breaking the rule(as put by Flyingzone) of AE, and he got what he deserved.

And what has his(Maju) supposed "arrogance" in which he "insulted" forumers by not showing up and responding, to do with enforce AE's code of conduct?

Besides, IMHO, he posted the thread to announce his leaving, is meant to say good bye to old friends he have met here during his stay, but since he has already made up his mind to leave, hes not necessarily obligated to response further as he supposedly has left. Even if those were good intentioned posts by members which "begged" him to stay. Maju's has supposedly left already, what we then supposedly expect much from him?

Indeed if he left without even acknowlegding his decision and saying good bye as a long time member with quite good number of friends here. Then he should be accused of "arrogant". but he didnt.

Just like "Death to Israel" might be misinterpreted or misunderstood, perhaps, may be his supposed "arrogance" is really replay of what cause him had left.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 16:56
Originally posted by flyingzone

Originally posted by Maziar

I take offence to anyone calling any fellow moderator of mine a "rotten apple" or a "hypocrite." We are not perfect, but we don't deserve to be called as such. Angry

Would you do any better if you were in our shoes?  
For sure not, but i would learn from the past to make me better!! as i said the most of you are good moderators.
Btw what bothers me is not that you are not perfect, neither i am perfect. What bothers me are thoes who close threads only if they don't like it, or abuse their moderator's power to intimidate users.

Edited by Maziar - 20-May-2006 at 16:58
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 17:11

Besides, IMHO, he posted the thread to announce his leaving, is meant to say good bye to old friends he have met here during his stay, but since he has already made up his mind to leave, hes not necessarily obligated to response further as he supposedly has left. Even if those were good intentioned posts by members which "begged" him to stay.

When your friend asks you to stay,then ,as his friend, you try to explain him why you leave.You do not just say i go,and then you leave without talking to your friends,who begged you to stay.
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 17:23
I would like to point out that I sent a long and somewhat groveling e-mail to maju, about a week after him posting his leaving thread, asking him to re-consider on behalf and for the benefit of all the many members who had asked him to stay.
Maju refused, mentioning something of a Zionist conspiracy and was gone again.
Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Komnenos - 20-May-2006 at 17:24
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 18:08
Please, if you can and it is no secrecy then show us this message and his response.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 21:11
Originally posted by Spartakus

Because he sees double standard in this forum, he just said "Death to Israel" (obviously he meant Israeli state not Israelites), something which is said more than "Salam" (hello) in Islamic countries, but the interesting thing is that he is warned by those who themsleves have said many things so much worse than him about Israel!!

It did not bothered me what he said there,which could have been pure humour.But the whole incident showed how arrogant he is.He did not replied to the other members,who begged him,maybe i will have to say it again, begged him to stay for 5 web-pages(!).He did not respect them.Arrogance is not needed here.

Having just read Komnenos' latest post re his reply to Komenos' e mail, perhaps it was not arrogance we were seeing. Reviewing his posts over the month prior to his outburst and comparing them with earlier posts, Maju didn't seem like himself.

Edited by red clay - 20-May-2006 at 21:16
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 12:31
Maybe something happened to him and he felt that elimanting AE from his life would do to ease the pain?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 13:14
It's possible something in his real life[ we all make jokes about not having one outside of AE, but we all do] may have been exerting pressure of some kind, stress can effect us in some strange ways.  I went to his website last pm and the last post was 5/4 considering he was Gungh Ho about getting it running that seems odd in its self.  I know there has been a lot of political turmoil in the Basque regions recently, perhaps that was affecting him, I don't know.

Edited by red clay - 21-May-2006 at 13:16
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 13:06
No I believe it had to something very personal...
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 14:25
"Much Ado About Nothing" - William Shakespeare
You talk too much about Maju.

Death to: Iran, Canada, USA, Romania, Italy, Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Germany and so on.

You like that. Of course not.
To be warning is necessary, if he doesn't support is his problem.

"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 07:33
Personal problems?Confused Hell,we did not ask him to marry AE!

Edited by Spartakus - 23-May-2006 at 07:35
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 08:31
Do not take this as an insult Spartakus, but lately you and your behaviour, your comments and everything have just struck me...

Or I just never before communicated with you.
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 08:39
I think the moderators,should think a bit why moderate and thinking members ,lately are feeling outraged with the forum,or leave..
I dont think its their behaviour that changed,
but the "governors" of this forum.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>