Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ROME TOTAL WAR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROME TOTAL WAR
    Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 15:41
Originally posted by Yiannis

Originally posted by Gundamor

Not trying to hold just exterminate and destoying all her buildings.

Can you actually selectivelly destroy buildings in RTW? Either in your own or in enemy cities?

Yes most buildings you can destroy. Where you see the buildings currently in the city. Click on it and an info box should come up. If you look in the left corner you'll see a raise(i think) or demolish button. You can knock down most of the economical and military stuff. Just not walls,streets, City upgrade(imperial palace etc) and farms I think.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 23:20
Originally posted by Yiannis

Originally posted by Gundamor

Not trying to hold just exterminate and destoying all her buildings. 

Can you actually selectivelly destroy buildings in RTW? Either in your own or in enemy cities?

Yes, you can destroy buildings if you feel the need to gain more money.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 15:23
I use it more then the need to gain money. When you fight rome you know the AI will throw endless amount of men at you. So I do a little hit and run to keep him off guard and force his army back to italy to retake things. I dont take their cities to hold but I leave them with little capabilities when I'm done. Before you know it your facing militia instead of imperial cohorts because he is far behind trying to rebuild.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 00:25
I like making the game as difficult for myself as possible becuase i enjoy the challenge. Gundamor, your hit and run tactic is very good. In ancient times it also came in handy.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 04:54
The latest version of Europa Barbarorum has been released (get it here).

This is IMHO, the best mod for RTW at the moment, it makes a few significant changes to gameplay as well as adding a wealth of new units and improving others. It even has speech makeovers for the units, so that the Romans sound Roman (even if it isn't totaly accurate, some factions that are generic use reconstructed languages), so that th ewhole feel of battle is better.

Those of you who played 0.74 can read up about the changes/improvements here
Arrrgh!!"
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 22:03
Cywr, thanks.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 14:37
Wanted to share some funny jokes about RTW which I just read.

You're addicted to RTW when ....

you say "this land is Roman" when having sex.Cool

you go to the zoo hoping to make elephants run amok.

you demand that your school teacher becomes your protectorate after he/she gives you a detention.

you call your boss behind his back "That bastard SPQR".

you realize you're demanding that the opponents be enslaved and taken back to your capital after your national team is victorious in a soccer match.

When having sex, you insist on charging the rear.

you told Italy to form a testudo when Zidane headbutted one of the players.

you try and convince your parents to "make more heirs", because you are an only child.

you try and convince your wife or husband to "make more heirs", just because.

Edited by axeman - 22-Jan-2007 at 14:47
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2007 at 20:00
Originally posted by axeman

you demand that your school teacher becomes your protectorate after he/she gives you a detention.

If only...
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 00:16
Rome Total War is STILL the best game out.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 00:21
You still think that? In what way is it the best? But yes, it still is a very cool game - one of my all time favourites Wink
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2007 at 03:34
Originally posted by Penelope

yes the most fun I had with a game and the most I learned from it was

Rome total war

it was also intersting when those messages came with this and this happend in that time

but when I bought the barbarian invasion with it became very irritating I was always in debt I could make no great armies when the enemy came they outnumberd me and the AI was even dumber they only won because of sheer numbers and then my soldiers was of poor quality and they where routing faster then in rome total war the most irritating part was if you conquered one of the stepp nomads they where then not to eliminate because I was again outnumbered and then it infected rome total war with a couple of these aspects

but the good aspects of the barbarian invasion where the new formations every unit was exactly detailed with the Huns I had the most succes

I wouldn't reccomend you to buy The Barbarian invasions

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2007 at 00:50
Its Rare when a game remains better than its sequal.
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 17:15
Originally posted by Top Gun

Originally posted by Penelope

yes the most fun I had with a game and the most I learned from it was

Rome total war

it was also intersting when those messages came with this and this happend in that time

but when I bought the barbarian invasion with it became very irritating I was always in debt I could make no great armies when the enemy came they outnumberd me and the AI was even dumber they only won because of sheer numbers and then my soldiers was of poor quality and they where routing faster then in rome total war the most irritating part was if you conquered one of the stepp nomads they where then not to eliminate because I was again outnumbered and then it infected rome total war with a couple of these aspects

but the good aspects of the barbarian invasion where the new formations every unit was exactly detailed with the Huns I had the most succes

I wouldn't reccomend you to buy The Barbarian invasions

i would suggest getting a night fighter to deal with the barbarian hordes, works like a charm.
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123