Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Famous quotes by AE forumers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Famous quotes by AE forumers
    Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 07:19
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Biology does'nt support any life apart from a male & female in developed form.

Never heard of Snails?

Also slime moulds have hundreds of sexes.

But please continue this discussion somewhere else.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 08:41
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

God is not part of life, so biology is rather irrelevent. (Also Biology does support lots of life that isn't male or female)

Very true. As Mixcoatl example too, it is just our imagination and knowledge that put the restriction of how far we can imagine god to be. Yet, does it really matter what is the shape of God? 4 hands? elephant head? black or white? That is just limited by our brains. I bet you that if dolls with batteries can speak, they would tell you the human being that made them must have a battery as well.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 09:00
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Biology does'nt support any life apart from a male & female in developed form.

Never heard of Snails?

Also slime moulds have hundreds of sexes.

But please continue this discussion somewhere else.

I knew someone would mention this, I was expecting Omar to say this . That's why I had mentioned " In developed form "

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 10:05
Biology doesn't make a difference between developed and undeveloped forms. (Biologists do, but that's something different of course)
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 02:50

Biology doesn't make a difference between developed and undeveloped forms. (Biologists do, but that's something different of course)

In a philosophical sense you are right, but if you look at it biologically it does, and it chooses & promotes the most developed or the fittest of them. That's how life eveloved from amoeba to snails to Homo Sapiens, who eventually created God.

God is in a great minority amongst the living beings. Most of them are not even aware of his existence.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2006 at 06:57

In a philosophical sense you are right, but if you look at it biologically it does, and it chooses & promotes the most developed or the fittest of them. That's how life eveloved from amoeba to snails to Homo Sapiens, who eventually created God.

No, it doesn't promote the most developed one, but only the fittest one.

If for example a future climate change will make the world unihabitable for all 'developed' species, snails, slime moulds and other undeveloped species are the only species left. In fact I think in general most 'undeveloped' species have a much better survival record (think of cockroaches) than developed species.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 04:59
Not to slight our very valued Turkic members here, 'cause I know most are way smarter than this, but these quotes really are so funny because they are so true...LOL

Originally posted by Komnenos

And if anybody ever tries again to tell us that virtually all people in the universe and beyond are the descendents of some roaming Turkic, proto- or post- or what ever tribe, I'm gonna scream.

Originally posted by Turkali

also proto turkic people invade italy too.
Originally posted by flyingzone

Let's also not forget about the proto-proto Turkic people, the pseudo-Turkic people, the quasi-Turkic people, the pseudo-quasi Turkic people, and of course, the proto-proto-pseudo-quasi Turkic people and their semo-demi proto-pseudo-quasi Turkic brothers!!!!

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 05:47
I was thinking & put forth this probable theory in some thread that even the So called Aryans / Indo Eurpoeans would be basically a tribe of earlier turks as they have virtually all the similarities.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2006 at 05:49

No, it doesn't promote the most developed one, but only the fittest one.

If for example a future climate change will make the world unihabitable for all 'developed' species, snails, slime moulds and other undeveloped species are the only species left. In fact I think in general most 'undeveloped' species have a much better survival record (think of cockroaches) than developed species.

You are right I had known, but missed the distinction while making the post.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 15:12
Mortaza in Why are you proud to be? Nationally:

I am proud because my father beated a lot of your father.

LOL
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2006 at 12:19
I remember Menippos wrote in a thread "Yes! When you young you try to change the world, when you old you try to change the channels". Very funny it stuck in my head.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 17:00
Originally posted by Turk Nomad

God created me as a Turk,it is the proof God loves me.

No comment necessary.

Edited by flyingzone - 20-Oct-2006 at 17:02
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 09:42
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

Mortaza in Why are you proud to be? Nationally:

I am proud because my father beated a lot of your father.

LOL
i liked that one toLOL
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 11:42
This is a two part acknowledgement for my entry into the famous quotes. It starts with UVH and the kicker is from Komnenos.

- "Today , the Non English Board is gone for ever. After struggeling for many month the Board suffered a heartattack in early July.It didn't recover and so i answer the sad call of duty to announce the definite pass away.
Dr. Komnenos executed the medicide.
The Board was allways a good friend and accompanied me in insulting many madcaps of the forum , without the victims could understand it.
Ok, many of you are thinking ,that i don't need a foreign language for that, cause they even don't understand my english. But, my loved Board, that's only an unharmful baseness.

Though, dear Non English Board, you are allways in my mind.

The funeral has took place in the domestic circle.

Please condole here.........."

followed by:

- "In your posts, my dearest UvH, the Non-English Board will live on forever on AE."

Edited by Seko - 21-Oct-2006 at 11:44
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 15:58
Firts use of sarcasm quotes noted in the following:
Waow... (sarcasm))some of the members who complain about The Turkish nationalism on AE welcomed the winning of Nobel by Orhan Pamuk, a Turkish author much more than The Turks here (/sarcasm)

Should become part of the AE quote system.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 01:47
Originally posted by Seko

This is a two part acknowledgement for my entry into the famous quotes. It starts with UVH and the kicker is from Komnenos.

- "Today , the Non English Board is gone for ever. After struggeling for many month the Board suffered a heartattack in early July.It didn't recover and so i answer the sad call of duty to announce the definite pass away.
Dr. Komnenos executed the medicide.
The Board was allways a good friend and accompanied me in insulting many madcaps of the forum , without the victims could understand it.
Ok, many of you are thinking ,that i don't need a foreign language for that, cause they even don't understand my english. But, my loved Board, that's only an unharmful baseness.

Though, dear Non English Board, you are allways in my mind.

The funeral has took place in the domestic circle.

Please condole here.........."

followed by:

- "In your posts, my dearest UvH, the Non-English Board will live on forever on AE."

Here i can't see anything,that's worth to be preserved for our offspring.

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 06:45
"Man i dont what too say, your arguments are so anti-white that if you werent White you would be classified as racist.." by think.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15410&PN=2

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 07:59
LOL Emperor Barbarossa, good one.

Here's another classic, response from somebody denying the existence of the 980 AD Norse settlement in Canada:

Originally posted by Worldhistory

The Viking story is of course false and they're just rebadging Greenland for America. There's not an ounce of proof.

Edited by Hellios - 10-Dec-2006 at 08:01
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2006 at 11:27
Originally posted by Hellios

LOL Emperor Barbarossa, good one.

Here's another classic, response from somebody denying the existence of the 980 AD Norse settlement in Canada:

Originally posted by Worldhistory

The Viking story is of course false and they're just rebadging Greenland for America. There's not an ounce of proof.

Thanks, the quote you found is just as hilarious.Smile

Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2006 at 12:31
I really like the way Zagros put this, specifically this part:

Originally posted by Zagros

Real Iranians are denoted by culture, not by some amateurish and flawed genetic hypothesis.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>