Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Famous quotes by AE forumers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Famous quotes by AE forumers
    Posted: 13-Dec-2006 at 19:39
Originally posted by Komnenos

How to become a revisionist historian in two easy steps:

1. Take one universally accepted, well researched and documented historical phenomenon, go to the pub, and after a couple of drinks come up with a theory that claims the exact opposite to everyone else's view. Spend a couple of hours googling and dig out some other poor soul's claims that, with some fanciful interpretation, might support your claims, the more fantastic, the better. (Amateurish attempts on etymology and slightly racist undertones are optional at this stage.) Find some internet forum to post your claims.

2. Denounce all evidence that might contradict your new theory as either erroneous or as deliberately falsified, preferably by some sinister global conspiracy. Portray yourself as victim of such conspiracy, especially when you're just about to be banned from said forum. Move on to the next forum. 

Edited by Hellios - 13-Dec-2006 at 19:42
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2006 at 15:02
Originally posted by pinguin

Most of the books of the Alexandria library were copies, repetitions, and a mass of quite mediocre works.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2006 at 16:39
I can believe that. The Ptolemaic dynasty was at one point writing down and storing practically everything and anything in the library. Including shipping reports.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2006 at 07:21

Shipping records of the Ptolemies would have been invaluable to historians nowadays. Nothing that old is without value.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2006 at 15:05
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Shipping records of the Ptolemies would have been invaluable to historians nowadays. Nothing that old is without value.

If only we could get our hands on those shipping reports.Smile
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 02:32
LOL LOL malizai, look at this:

Originally posted by ephestion

The Turkoi or Turks are the ones that adopted Islam and of whom were the he-bithches to the original Tourkomens that governed them. Today the majority of Turks think they always existed in Turkey meaning they are of Greek origin. The remaining of whom have the decisive powers ie army are long line islamic and imperialists (ie they think they represent the islamic army of the Ottoman Empire.) Some Turks think they are the real turks and still live as nomads in the Eastern parts of the Military state. The last few generations of Greeks hiding in Turkey has reduced due to severe anti-Christian nad highly institutional opression of Greeks and Christianity within the borders of teh nation. So while the Torkomen were typical murderous rapers and pillagers, the remenant institute called turkey has become a theocratical opressive institute intolerable to the freedoms once graced by the Greeks who governed the nation for milleniums before the Ottoman invasion.

Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 06:48
Originally posted by Menumorut

What I say may contradict, but the historical reality is independent of any interpretations.

Smile
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 07:05
Originally posted by Hellios

Originally posted by Komnenos

How to become a revisionist historian in two easy steps:

1. Take one universally accepted, well researched and documented historical phenomenon, go to the pub, and after a couple of drinks come up witha theory that claims the exact opposite to everyone else's view. Spenda couple of hours googling and dig out some other poor soul's claims that, with some fanciful interpretation, might support your claims, the more fantastic, the better. (Amateurish attempts onetymology and slightly racist undertones are optional at this stage.) Find some internet forum to post your claims.

2. Denounce all evidence that might contradict your new theory as either erroneous or as deliberately falsified, preferably by some sinister global conspiracy. Portray yourself as victim of such conspiracy, especially when you're just about to be banned from said forum. Move on to the next forum.

Komnenos at his best... where the heck has he gotten to?
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 15:42
Originally posted by Hellios

LOL LOL malizai, look at this:

Originally posted by ephestion

The Turkoi or Turks are the ones that adopted Islam and of whom were the he-bithches to the original Tourkomens that governed them. Today the majority of Turks think they always existed in Turkey meaning they are of Greek origin. The remaining of whom have the decisive powers ie army are long line islamic and imperialists (ie they think they represent the islamic army of the Ottoman Empire.) Some Turks think they are the real turks and still live as nomads in the Eastern parts of the Military state. The last few generations of Greeks hiding in Turkey has reduced due to severe anti-Christian nad highly institutional opression of Greeks and Christianity within the borders of teh nation. So while the Torkomen were typical murderous rapers and pillagers, the remenant institute called turkey has become a theocratical opressive institute intolerable to the freedoms once graced by the Greeks who governed the nation for milleniums before the Ottoman invasion.

I use LOL sparingly, but that is just so funny. YO! howz my "he-bithches".LOLLOL
Which thread did u pick it up from.

Edited by malizai_ - 16-Dec-2006 at 15:43
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2006 at 17:15
Originally posted by malizai_

I use LOL sparingly, but that is just so funny. YO! howz my "he-bithches". LOLLOL Which thread did u pick it up from.

Edited by Hellios - 29-Dec-2006 at 16:44
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2006 at 00:23
Seko

"last_janissary, your comment in this post is totally inappropriate. Refrain from such attitude in the future or you will be the lost_janissary!"

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 13:42
Originally posted by AfrikaJamaika

what race do you believe Adam and Eve to be?
Originally posted by Constantine XI

They were Semites

you sure? Can u show me where u got this information from, if from the bible can u tell me which scripture?

LOLLOLLOLLOL

He is got to be kidding!!! I've heard some pretty stupid things before but someone asking if there is proof in the Bible that Jesus was a Jew must be the funniest thing in a long time...

Edited by Aelfgifu - 28-Dec-2006 at 13:44

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 14:15
I hope this guy is joking. Good find, Aelfigu.LOL

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 17:39
malizai, please post that bit when someone told you something like "He killed 2 people and then paid them off." LOL

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 18:56
Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

I hope this guy is joking. Good find, Aelfigu.

I keep forgetting this thread is here, I just told the guy to go search other threads, while spilling my coffee into my lap.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 20:23
You have to wonder about some people.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 01:41
Brainstorm about the revivifications of the great ancient macedonian Mitko.

Originally posted by Brainstorm

I m looking forward on " Mitko5 - Mitko strikes back " LOL

Now i know why the Alexander`s army succeed to conquer the Near East and Persia. They just revived and striked back again and again!

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 07:59
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

what race do you believe Adam and Eve to be?
Originally posted by Constantine XI

They were Semites

you sure? Can u show me where u got this information from, if from the bible can u tell me which scripture?

[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

He is got to be kidding!!!I've heard some pretty stupid things before but someone asking if there is proof in the Bible that Jesus was a Jew must be the funniest thing in a long time...

To be fair, he was asking for a Biblical reference saying Adam and Eve were Semites, not Jesus was a Jew.

Which is even funnier when you think about it, since if they were then I suppose we all are.

Edited by gcle2003 - 29-Dec-2006 at 08:01
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 16:48
LOL malizai...

Originally posted by Sparten

Islamabad already is run by the "Taliban". As for Karachi, no one has ever been able to run it, so good luck to the Talibs. Secondly, Pakistan lacks many of the main prequisits for Talibans, you know little things like a society ruined by 30 years of war etc, etc.

Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 16:56
Originally posted by The Chargemaster

Brainstorm about the revivifications of the great ancient macedonian Mitko.

Originally posted by Brainstorm

I m looking forward on " Mitko5 - Mitko strikes back " LOL

Now i know why the Alexander`s army succeed to conquer the Near East and Persia. They just revived and striked back again and again!

Smile It was like a relay race 4x100.
Mitko 1-> Mitko 2-> ..3->...4....
http://protostrator.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>