Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is she?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is she?
    Posted: 10-Jul-2006 at 07:57

Who is she? She is a symbol for the innocent victims of war...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 11:23
Aelfgifu, I can't see the photo.
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 12:10
hm, I can... retry...

Better?

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 13:55
   Much better...thank you.

I think she is Kim Phuc Phan Thi, a Vietnamese peace activist...who was seen all around the world as a young girl burned by napalm during the Vietnam War. Here's that famous photo:

"Morty

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2006 at 17:43
Yes, it is her. Phan Thị Kim Phc.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2006 at 15:56

Let's try another one!

She is a Princess with a Bachelor of Science and a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, is currently a professor of Organic Chemistry at Mahidol University, and is Chairman of the Foundation for Promotion Nature Conservation and Environmental Protection...and she has lips that even Angelina Jolie would envy!   Who is she?

Edited by morticia - 28-Jul-2006 at 15:58
"Morty

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2006 at 11:54
She is.......Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn. She is the youngest daughter of HM King Bhumipol Adulyadej and HM Queen Sirikit of Thailand. She looks much younger than her 49 years, is divorced, and presently resides with a physician, whom she refers to as "The Doctor". She has two daughters, the eldest of which is studying in the U.S.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chulabhorn_Walailak
"Morty

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 10:49
Who is she?
Born 1912 in Mnchen (Munich). she was a mistress of an european dictator and she married him at his last day's life.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 12:52
Is that Clara Petacci? She was almost 30 years younger than Mussolini - what a pervert!
"Morty

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 13:17

The description would suggest Eva Braun, but I dont think the picture is her...

Maziar, I like your motto... finally somebody with common sense.

Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 14:02
It looks like Eva Bruan. Probably taken at the Eagle's Nest. I thought maybe Hanna Reitsch at first but she didnt have that colour of hair.

Description is obviously Eva Bruan as Aelfgifu said.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 14:18
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

The description would suggest Eva Braun, but I dont think the picture is her...

Maziar, I like your motto... finally somebody with common sense.

I believe you are right, Aelfgifu.. It must be Eva Braun. She was born in 1912 in Munich, whereas Mussolini's mistress was born, also in 1912, but in Rome. Let's wait for Maziar for the final verdict!

Gundamor - I, too, thought of Hanna Reitsch and was also dissuaded by the hair color!   

Edited by morticia - 03-Aug-2006 at 14:20
"Morty

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 14:41
I'd thought Eve Braun would be younger than that, but perhaps I saw only earlier pics of her... Or I'm wrong...

Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 15:58
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

I'd thought Eve Braun would be younger than that, but perhaps I saw only earlier pics of her... Or I'm wrong...

Well in black and white photos she kind of looked younger. Alot of the colour photos you see of her are stills off home movies. This could maybe distort her image/age a bit. Or she had ton of stress being with hitler which adds age.

I never realized she was that young actually. I thought she was in her late 30s or early 40's heh.
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2006 at 22:53
So Morty gives me the final verdictBig smile, cooool. Now ladies and gentlmen there is it, yes Aelfgifu she is Eva Braun.
Thank you all for your insight. Morty this time you were wrong, what happened? ok don't worry i hope you will know this woman:

Born 1911 in Berlin, she loved Hitler and wanted to marry him, but Hitler ignored her, so she has married one of his important ministers. As the red army entered Berlin She, her husband and 6 children together with Hitler and Eva Braun moved into Fhrerbunker. In bunker She has commited suicid after ahe has drugged her 6 children with morphine, and killed them with cyanide capsules.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2006 at 15:07
Originally posted by Maziar

Mortythis time you werewrong, what happened?

I guess I'm just having an OFF day! But, Aelfgifu guessed it right away! good job!
"Morty

Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2006 at 22:18
Originally posted by Maziar

So Morty gives me the final verdict
Thank you all for your insight. Mortythis time you werewrong, what happened? ok don't worry i hope you will know this woman:

Born 1911 in Berlin, she loved Hitler and wanted to marry him, but Hitler ignored her, so she has married one of his important ministers.As the red army entered Berlin She, her husband and6 childrentogether with Hitler and Eva Braun moved into Fhrerbunker. In bunker She has commited suicid after ahe has drugged her 6 children with morphine, and killed them with cyanide capsules.

Magda Goebbels. I always thought she was in love with Speer though. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 16:40
Very good GundamorClap, yes, Johanna Maria Magdalena Goebbels ne Behrend this is her full name. Well rumors said that magda was for a short time in love with Speer the architect, i don't know if this was true or not. But we know she was in love with Hitler, and she married Joseph Goebbels, the propagand minister of Hitler to be near to him.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2006 at 16:47
I even heared that Hitler arranged the marriage, as she, being a very pretty woman, would improve the image of Goebbels, who himself had the charisma of a slug...

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2006 at 15:34
Great job, Gundamor!    

Maziar, for the record, Magda Goebbels was born in 1901, not 1911 as you stated.
"Morty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>