Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lessons learned from women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lessons learned from women
    Posted: 11-May-2006 at 19:18
LESSONS learned from WOMEN

Women pass down their knowledge to the next generation in various ways. While, certainly, knowledged passed from mother to daughter is more intensive and expansive than that passed from mother to son, both genders of children generally learn a great deal from their mothers.

What they learn is often a reflection of the woman they learned it from and the society she grew up in, so please share some of the powerful or unusual or even amusing lessons the women of your family have passed on to you.

From my mother, the most important lesson I learned was to live a good life because if all those who died early could trade places with me, they'd change the world.

From my grandmother the lessons have been less useful but equally important in my life. I've shared a few before.

I learned not to eat during Ramadan. ("Get that f--king pastry out of your goddamn mouth before the neighbors think we're a bunch of pagans!")

I learned virginity is a commodity, even when you no longer have it. ("It was all I could do to raise you with your legs closed and for what? A Croat?")

I learned misery is admirable. ("I don't know who the hell told your generation you've got the right to be happy. It's not possible and it annoys the sh-t out of everyone else anyways.")

I learned your achievements are not measured against what you could have done, but what everyone else did. ("You got 52 per cent? Well, what did Adnisa get?")

I learned farting in public is alright. ("What was that? Speak again, oh great toothless wonder!")

I learned the element of surprise is confusing for Bosnians. ("Well, when I saw you coming up the front steps, I tell you - I didn't know whether to sh-t or go blind!")

I learned nothing you do is ever good enough. ("No one gives a sh-t about Nena. I'm here with three kilos of meat on ice and I eat broth because I've no one to visit me, no one to cook for!")
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 21:06

Perhaps also included in this is what is the most important lesson that you passed on to your daughters or hope too pass on.

In my case it is simple- You can do or be anything you want. Unfortunatly when I asked my 18 year old a moment ago she answered " don't drink and drive" and then "if you want it work for it"

Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 21:25
Hehehe, Dawn. Yes, that's a good idea also!

I think if I had children I'd want them to remember me for saying, "Live a good life, smile every day, don't smoke before you eat in the morning, and stay away from Grandma."
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 05:01
LESSONS learned from WOMEN

never leave a man behind
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
 Post Reply Post Reply