Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most important people in your country’s history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
erci View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most important people in your country’s history
    Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 16:04
Having said that, I don't ignore the contributions of Attila of course

"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 15:22
1. Scanderbeg.... cliche
2. Leke Dukagjini . Wrote the famous "Canon of Leke"
3. Gjergj Fishta. Catholic priest, but more importantly was considered the "Albanian homer" from writting his famous epic "lahuta e malcise", highland lute. Big figure of early Alb nationalist movement. He was later condemned by the communists for being anti-Slavic and too pro-Turkish.
4. Ismail Qemali. Responsible for the nationalist movement in Vlora to setup a free Albanian state.

Thats it for now. Too lazy to go on...
Digenis View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
suspended

Quote Digenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 15:27
Felix
5.Ismael Kadare ! (more important than the nationalist movement starters)
Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:38
AE is my country
1. Queen Djamila Dzana Nesuvic  with proud  .
2. King Komnenos the Great
3. Land of Aryan (Behnam the archer)
4. Maziar the wavy hair
5. Iranian4life the Knight
6. Sirius the serious
7. Cyrus the founder
8. Zagros the Lion heart
9. azimuth the Gulf
10. Poirot the Babe-Lover
11. ramin the unclear
12. chengiz the handsome
13. Merced12 the Turk
14. Cent the kurd
15. maju the 24hours-active
16. ...
merced12 View Drop Down
General
General

Quote merced12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 20:10

Originally posted by Prince of Persia 2

AE is my country
115. maju the 24hours-active

its true

http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 20:41
Originally posted by Suevari

Originally posted by Emperor Barbarossa

Attila the Hun was not a Turk, or a ruler of Turkey.

Not only were the Huns a proto-Turkic tribe (and therefore Attila was), but Turks and Turkey along side Hungary are the only people/nation to exhonorate him and see him as a national figure.  In fact, Turks have the sole claim because modern Hungarians are actually descendants of Arpad's tribe that migrated from Eurasia through the Carpathians not from the Huns.

Also the Chinese called Huns ''Tu-Kiu'' (Turk) as well as ''Xiong-Nu'' (Hun)

It does not matter. He did nothing for Turkey, and therefore, was not a leader of the country.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 20:45
Originally posted by Prince of Persia 2

AE is my country
1. Queen Djamila Dzana Nesuvic  with proud  .
2. King Komnenos the Great
3. Land of Aryan (Behnam the archer)
4. Maziar the wavy hair
5. Iranian4life the Knight
6. Sirius the serious
7. Cyrus the founder
8. Zagros the Lion heart
9. azimuth the Gulf
10. Poirot the Babe-Lover
11. ramin the unclear
12. chengiz the handsome
13. Merced12 the Turk
14. Cent the kurd
15. maju the 24hours-active
16. ...

I think your country is called UME (United Middle East)
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2006 at 14:45
5.Ismael Kadare ! (more important than the nationalist movement starters)

Back in the day. I had some cousins in Gjirokaster(where he was from), who were friends with him. Yea, he is important. But he has some wierd ideologies. His one of the Albanians today who reflects on the pre-Ottoman era in many deluded ways as some golden age of prosperity. I like his style and his books are cool. But as a figure of a nation, his more of a pride then of actual significance.

I would place Hoxha as number 5. Not the greatest, but hell he would be worthy of number 1 in that respect.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 13:59

*Primo Trubar

*France Preeren

*Janez Vajkard Valvasor

*iga Zois

*Anton Toma Linhart

*Valentin Vodnik...

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 18:18
Five people who shaped the fate of our country directly:

● M. Kemal Ataturk

● Ismet Inonu

● Adnan Menderes

● Kenan Evren

● Suleyman Demirel

Edited by barish
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2006 at 19:12
General Nathanael Greene in the US Revolutionary War who turned the tide of war in 1780 when he took command of the Southern Army in the Carolinas.  His attrition war against the British using regulars and guerilla warfare led directly to the final Victory at Yorktown (with help from the French Navy who blocked Cornwallis' evacuation).
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 14:30
The most important American by far is Alexander Hamilton.  Without him the US would still be a bunch of quasi indipendant city states with an agrarian base who could be preyed on by other nations at will.  After him comes Thomas Paine who integrated the need for personal freedom with the need to strenghten the country.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 08:59
My personal list:

1. Khan/Kniaz Boris I Mikhail (convertor of the Bulgarians and a brilliant diplomat)
2. Tsar Simeon the Great (our first emperor, great conqueror and enlightener)
3. Tsar Kaloyan Romeoktonos (both a great commander and diplomat)
4. Khan Kubrat (founder of Old Great Bulgaria)
5. Khan Asparukh (founder of Danube Bulgaria)
6. Khan Tervel (a very noble man, "saviour of Europe")
7. Khan Krum (good conqueror, statesman, lawmaker)
8. Khan Omurtag (builder, reformer)
9. Tsar Ioan Assen II ("peaceful fighter", "Bulgaria again on 3 seas")
10. Tsar Samuil (tragic epopee)
Sherzod View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Sherzod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 12:46

1. Ataturk
2. Kultegin
3. Bumin Kaan
4. Fatih Sultan Mehmed
5. Alp Arslan
6. Attila the Hun
7. Tamerlane
8. Tonyuquq (Prime minister and officer of the Blue Turk Empire)
9. Alp Tekin (1950's secular leader of Uyguristan)

Not in any real order.

Hehe!! nice one! but,, Tamerlane is ours!!! he infact used to fight with the Ottomans!!

"Power is in fairness...!" - Amir Temur (1336-1405)
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 12:53
AFAIK Tamerlane was not an Uzbeg, his dynasty was overthrown by Uzbeks.
Sherzod View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Sherzod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2006 at 13:03

Originally posted by Zagros

AFAIK Tamerlane was not an Uzbeg, his dynasty was overthrown by Uzbeks.

I am not saying that he was Uzbek, but he is our ancestor(there were no division of Uzbeks from other nations until recently, after USSR)!

Some might disagree, because Uzbekistan has only emerged after the USSR, and before, most of the "Mavourannahr" -the land between the two rivers was a united nation. But, it happened so that, most of the great names were born or lived and got famous in the territory of current Uzbekistan:

Amir Temur (Tamerlane) - one of the greatest conquerors of all times, by the way, he saved Europe from the great Ottoman khan - Bayazet!

Alisher Navoi - by many, the greatest poet ever lived, he outchallenged the dominant Persian poetry of his era with his works written in the early forms of modern uzbek language!

Imam Al Bukhari - the man who did the most in the history of Islam, after the holy prophet - Muhammad. Has done an enormous task of sorting the correct Khadiz's from false ones, the result - "Jamiah As-Sahih" the guide for Muslims after the Holy Quran.

Abu Ali, Ibn Sino (Avicenna) - The doctor of doctors, his books were the basics in european medicine for over 500 years after his death. Although, a great mathematician, physivian, chemist, poet, .....and many more 

Mirzo Ulug'bek - one of the greatest, if not the greatest astronomer of all times, you just should have a look at his observatory in Samarkand - a miracle!

Abu Rayhon Beruniy - The master of knowledgs of his time, it is believed that long before, he found that the Earth was round, and he new that there was a New World not known to men at the time(later, Columb arrived at that land)

Al Khorazmiy - do you know from where the subjects and words Algorithm or Algebra have arrived, well after his name.

BoburMirzo - the founder of an entirely new, great and famous empire in India, which lived up to many centuries (know who built the Taj Mahal? one of his predicessors - Shah Jahan)

Jaloliddin Manguberdi - one of my favourite heroes! He fought against the great mongol emperor - Chingiskhan(Temuchin), he had a battle where he was 20 times outnumbered by the opponent, but still made nightmare for the great Chingiskhan that he would never forget since then. Although, he had simply no chance, he never gave up - eventually choosing death both for his kids, wife and himself, rather to get in the hands of mongols. Later, Chingiskhan has stated with sorrow: "I would give everything, if only I had a son like Manguberdi", thus aknowledging the greatness of this true hero of my country, and personally myself!!

p.s.

I could have gone a lot more, but I think this should be enough for now! Hope you like the list! and can anyone offer me, something that can come close to these people? (there is nothing bad of being proud of your history, especially for Uzbeks!!!) 

"Power is in fairness...!" - Amir Temur (1336-1405)
Bosniakum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Bosniakum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 15:48

1. Ataturk
2. Kultegin
3. Bumin Kaan
4. Fatih Sultan Mehmed
5. Alp Arslan
6. Attila the Hun
7. Tamerlane

Not in any real order.

Attila the Hun who was a mongol and came to Europe almost a millenium before the Turks and Tamerlane who was also from another mongol tribe almost destroyed the Ottoman Empire, so they really having nothing to do with todays Turks, and you claiming that is like a Bosnian or Serb saying that Peter the Great of Russia was one of their historic figures only because Bosnians, Serbs, and Russians are all slavic. Really now it is a very bad correlation. No offense.

"I krv svoju za Bosnu moju"
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 16:09
I agree with Bosniakum, I was also arguing against this stupid ideaology. Is Brian Boru a hero of Scotland, is Vercingetorix a hero of Ireland? Answering yes to both of these questions would be the same as what Suevari has been saying.

avar View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote avar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 16:42
Originally posted by Bosniakum

1. Ataturk
2. Kultegin
3. Bumin Kaan
4. Fatih Sultan Mehmed
5. Alp Arslan
6. Attila the Hun
7. Tamerlane

Not in any real order.

Attila the Hun who was a mongol and came to Europe almost a millenium before the Turks and Tamerlane who was also from another mongol tribe almost destroyed the Ottoman Empire, so they really having nothing to do with todays Turks, and you claiming that is like a Bosnian or Serb saying that Peter the Great of Russia was one of their historic figures only because Bosnians, Serbs, and Russians are all slavic. Really now it is a very bad correlation. No offense.

I can not say certain things about Attila but Tamerlane's a Turk! He was speaking Turkic language, his negative relationship with Ottomans does not mean something about his etnicity 

Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 16:51
Yes, Tamerlane was a Turk. His father was the head of a Turkic-speaking Mongolioan tribe. However, Tamerlane was a Mongol Emperor. He did nothing for the Turks, and should not be considered a modern day Turkish hero. He slaughtered the Turks in the Battle of Ankara.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>