Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWomen in History

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women in History
    Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 18:58
How about a Women in History subforum? Morticia could be mod and there's 10,000 great threads she could make!
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 16:22
I disagree, because, can't there be threads made within many of the subforums like 'Modern History' and such?

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 16:38
Well, I guess it's not a bad idea at all, at least there won't be any point that women get up and say that they are not given their rights on this forum .

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 23:17

Great idea we can put it between the Gay and Lesbian Forum and the Disabled Forum.

But seriously, I agree. It may attract a few more women to join and give the site a dimension other history forums are missing. It's not exactly if the rest of the forums are exactly contributing anything in this department, stifling more like by their content.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 06:46
It may attract more women, but the real question is why should there be a women's subforum when there are no others by gender? However, it can always be removed if it does not work. So I now change my mind and say make a subforum for Women in History.

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 16:18
I think it's a great idea to have a Women In History section somewhere. However, I don't feel there are enough women to participate. I would love to be able to relate to other women's cultures (past and present) in the areas of child rearing, childbirth methods (epidural, natural, c-sections, water, painless,) hormonal changes in women prenatal and postpartum, menstruation (pads or tampons), breastfeeding or nurser bottles, how women feel about vasectomies, abortions, divorces, extra marital affairs, maintaining a home, marital dos and don'ts, how women feel about polygamy, marriage, living together, dating, spending money, shopping, how women who were previously suppressed are now thriving in the modern world, how women who were previously denied an education are now attaining degrees, how some women are earning more than their male counterparts, how political changes in the West and East affect women, how more women are becoming active in politics and in the military, how women dress, eat, just the everyday way of life for women of other countries, cultures, religions, etcetera, etcetera. That would be awesome!

In the meantime, I will keep posting my Today in Women's History (whenever possible).

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 17:25
 Good good good idea for a forum.
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 18:27

Originally posted by morticia

I think it's a great idea to have a Women In History section somewhere. However, I don't feel there are enough women to participate.

Why does it have to be only for women to participate. Women arn't banned form the male topics on the forum.

I would love to join in and create posts, The Illustrated History of the Bikini and housework throughout the ages.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2006 at 19:32
We will update the forum software by mid-May. So when that happens, we might have a revision of the forum sections.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 13:58
Originally posted by Paul

Originally posted by morticia

I think it's a great idea to have a Women In History section somewhere. However, I don't feel there are enough women to participate.

Why does it have to be only for women to participate. Women arn't banned form the male topics on the forum.

I would love to join in and create posts, The Illustrated History of the Bikini andhousework throughout the ages.

I did not mean to make this a gender issue, Paul. I just simply stated that there are not enough women in AE to offer different female perspectives on certain female issues (which is often quite different from the males' point of view). That's all!

PS - Example: Most females would not be interested in discussing the history of bikinis! We just simply WEAR them! However, females would want to know if earlier bikini wearers waxed or shaved their bikini lines! Would you know what to suggest about that and why one would be more beneficial than the other? I didn't think so!

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply