Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE Magazine Q&A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE Magazine Q&A
    Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 14:52
This is ultimately a tough call, but I also find the whole emotional -- and biased -- outpouring in the article to be wholly inappropriate(the whole "dark day" especially.). I guess if somebody wants to give a differing view they write one up, like rider said.
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 11:33
I was just wondering: Did people think my paper '69 AD: Year of the Four Emperors' was too heavy? I know that most people here read at a leisurely level and probably do not like being bogged down by the notes(especially since mine I think was a bit overloaded).

I personally have a habit of swinging towards the 'heavy' side.

So were people bothered by the longevity and the number of annotations? What would be a proper amount?
Should anymore of my articles be written in that fashion or would you guys like them to be simpler, perhaps with as little notes as possible?

Opinions can be sent to my PM, I look forward to comments by those who did and those who didnt read it.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 14:41
I actually think that although 'light' articles will forever be the larger part, a few of these 'heavy' ones are a necessity.
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:48
Battle of Cannae: Military history or Rome?
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 16:04
Are you referring to which section it belongs in on the main site? I would say "Classical Mediterranean and Europe: The Roman Military". I look forward to reading it! 
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 16:28
Wow... I didn't even realize that sub-column...

Im blind...

Edited by Theodore Felix - 29-May-2007 at 19:02
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 18:58
Originally posted by Theodore Felix

I was just wondering: Did people think my paper '69 AD: Year of the Four Emperors' was too heavy? I know that most people here read at a leisurely level and probably do not like being bogged down by the notes(especially since mine I think was a bit overloaded).

I personally have a habit of swinging towards the 'heavy' side.

So were people bothered by the longevity and the number of annotations? What would be a proper amount?
Should anymore of my articles be written in that fashion or would you guys like them to be simpler, perhaps with as little notes as possible?

Opinions can be sent to my PM, I look forward to comments by those who did and those who didnt read it.

I read that one, and it was good, no reason to cut down on content, to focus on a period of mere months, and to do an in depth long study is the point in history isn't it. Good article.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 16:25
How often is this Magazine? Because it takes about 3-6 weeks for me to be able to get an article done- sources, evaluation, use of libraries and such. Also, please can some of you guys look over my article about Titus Quincitius Flaminius and the 2nd Macedonian war in the Ancient Med section? I would really like some kind of input...
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 16:31
We try to get one every month.. but we often fail. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12