Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whose culture is the greatest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Whose culture is the greatest?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [20.59%]
5 [14.71%]
22 [64.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prince of Persia 2 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Prince of Persia 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whose culture is the greatest?
    Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 00:54
turkish and germanic are ok too.
finikis View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote finikis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 10:33
Originally posted by Prince of Persia 2

turkish and germanic are ok too.

finikis View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote finikis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 10:36
necassery poll to show some forumers but unnecassery repliers and their replies.I think it showed some of this forumers(Also i am a replier now)
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 19:07

no culture is superior ,just like no animal is superior its the habitat which its adapted to .

Dark Age View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dark Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2006 at 21:38
LeonardoTurco View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote LeonardoTurco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 09:14
As you see other cultures from your own ethnocentric point of vieuw, you will judge them according to your own values, however these are not universal. I think one cannot really judge who has a better culture. More even, I would say a culture is not better then another. One can of course say, what he prefers, but that's jubjective.
APRIL 23 National Sovereignty & Children's day: peace at home, peace in the world.

Apples n Oranges View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Apples n Oranges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 09:21

I  vote for the Bushmen culture.

It's interesting that the San people have neither romantic engagements to keep, nor trials to follow, nor low deeds to publish, nor new pieces of poetry to -"they peacefully watch the sun to the end of its day and worry little whether twenty thousand clocks bring sorrow to some and happiness to others", (Le Vaillant-1990).

http://www.unam.na/faculties/humanities/ics/projects/sibeene /who.htm

What's more they are genetically purest among surviving humans.

Edited by Apples n Oranges
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2006 at 10:51
I cant believe people take these supremacy polls seriously.
zombie_killer View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote zombie_killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 14:02
Bacterial culture

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 15:19
I will reply seriously,don't care if it is fun or not,because there are so many others watching this.There is no greater culture because every culture is unique.Every culture has it's own way of thinking .It's own ideology.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 16:02

Britain- it has had the most effect on the world....and America was birthed from it!....

But really i vote choice 3, its all in the eye of the beholder....in reality cave man culture is the most dominant!

Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 08:58

My culture -or at least the culture I aspire to.

It's a culture of all cultures.

It's a culture of respect even of those cultures that are not practiced.

It's a culture of respect, even if one is proud of only a few.

It's a culture of tolerance and of forgiveness. But not a culture of forgetfulness...

It's a culture of knowledge, of patience, of peace and of growth.

And all are invited if they so choose.

Edited by Goban
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 09:18
Originally posted by Goban

My culture -or at least the culture I aspire to.

It's a culture of all cultures.

It's a culture of respect even of those cultures that are not practiced.

It's a culture of respect, even if one is proud of only a few.

It's a culture of tolerance and of forgiveness. But not a culture of forgetfulness...

It's a culture of knowledge, of patience, of peace and of growth.

And all are invited if they so choose.

A very nice poem Goban.What are the ways you deem fit to make your culture grow?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 14:39

Greco-Roman culture. There's no competition, in my mind. The only culture strong enough to survive and adapt for two thousand seven hundred and fifty six years. I see remnants and copies of it every day.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 15:02
Originally posted by Laconius

Greco-Roman culture. There's no competition, in my mind. The only culture strong enough to survive and adapt for two thousand seven hundred and fifty six years. I see remnants and copies of it every day.

um.... you do realise that this thread was made to ridicule people that say their culture is the best right.....

anyway, i think you mean greek culture. roman culture is basically greek culture, and greco roman is not as old as greek culture.

and still, greco roman isnt the oldest, but its one of the oldest.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Jay. View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jay. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 18:15
For Spartukus:

The matrixism culture.
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava
Only Unity Can Save the Serb
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2006 at 22:30
Germanic culture the most naturally advanced.  If they had not been ganged up on in WWII and defeated, they would probably have colonies on Mars by now.  The world is stuck in a pc nightmare and we will never get ahead.  
leprechaun View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote leprechaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 11:56
definetly Ireland,    best country ever
Leprechaun!!!
R_AK47 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote R_AK47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2006 at 13:04
American culture is the most superior.  I thought everyone knew that.
Dampier View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Dampier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2006 at 15:09
Originally posted by genseric

Germanic culture the most naturally advanced.  If they had not been ganged up on in WWII and defeated, they would probably have colonies on Mars by now.  The world is stuck in a pc nightmare and we will never get ahead.  

But unfortunately that would be via slave labour, the world would be filled with genocides and nations would be brainwashed. Also German economy couldnt have handled it necessarily, especially mixed in with the years of pacification later required. And thats not much of a culture superiority argument.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>