Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most Disciplined Modern Armed Force

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which is the most displined armed force of the modern world?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [8.75%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [5.00%]
2 [2.50%]
1 [1.25%]
10 [12.50%]
16 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
14 [17.50%]
26 [32.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Sino Defender View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Disciplined Modern Armed Force
    Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 00:51

feel free to express your thought...

"Whoever messes with the heavenly middle kingdom, no matter how far s/he escapes, s/he is to be slaughtered"
Halevi View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Halevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:24
no clue, but im interested in seeing how those in the know vote
"Your country ain't your blood. Remember that." -Santino Corelone
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:32
The armed force as  a whole? or its best units?
Super Goat (^_^) View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Super Goat (^_^) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:48
Isn't this like asking which brand of sult is the sultiest? Confused
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Illuminati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:54
it's impossible to tell unless they've all been in a war recently. Marching and looking pretty is one thing, how they act under fire is different
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 01:57
I don't think there's anyone here who has enough knowledge about all the mentioned choices to be able to pick the best.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 02:14
Royal Nepalese Forces
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 02:47

Originally posted by Illuminati

it's impossible to tell unless they've all been in a war recently. Marching and looking pretty is one thing, how they act under fire is different

being disciplined and having lots of guts are two different things. being disciplined means having good conduct and good discipline. i've heard that many un soldiers stationed in africa have really poor discipline. they drink, get hookers, fight among themselves.

"Whoever messes with the heavenly middle kingdom, no matter how far s/he escapes, s/he is to be slaughtered"
Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 02:50

what i mean being discipline here isn't whether you have guts and stand there still when there are bullets flying to you. what i mean being discipline here is having good conducts (e.g. obey orders, do not steal, do not loot, do not harm innocents, do not get hookers) things like that.

o_irengun View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote o_irengun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 07:20

Armies  in a  war  or cold war or  in  long therm  threat situations are more disciplined the other armies.Because  of their situation  they  have  to be more  serious  then other forces.

And i think because of their  national mentality  the  far east  country armies  are  more disciplined then other countries.

In this fact  i vote for the israel  armed forces  they are still  in war situation.

At second  i wouldd  choose  the north korean  army.

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 07:49
Originally posted by Sino Defender

being disciplined and having lots of guts are two different things. being disciplined means having good conduct and good discipline. i've heard that many un soldiers stationed in africa have really poor discipline. they drink, get hookers, fight among themselves.

That's the proper description of disciplined. Though being rowdy off-duty isn't necessarily bad depending on the local culture, it's more to do with whether the soldiers can behave with enough decorum that they don't give the impression of being barbarians, so more important is whether or not they can avoid unnecessarily repressing or killing civilians, whether they get along with civilians socially, treat them well and so on.

I'd have a hard time picking - it used to be the Commonwealth countries (eg Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) but they seem to have lost alot of that since the 80s or so. Australia and Canada are still fairly disciplined, but, they've definately had some problems and places like Africa have highlighted that (thinking particularly about Somalia).

Probably some of the little miliaries like Norway or the Swiss, and maybe also Japan, are the most disciplined right now. I'm really not familiar enough with the military culture of alot of different places to be sure. All I can really say for sure is that here (Canada) we probably once occupied that spot, particularly during WW2 and during our post-war missions to places like Cyprus. But I don't think we do anymore, though we're still above average.

Edited by edgewaters
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 12:58
Turkish army is  one of the most diciplined force right now . Because of the  Turkish millitarical history and traditions, our army is one of the best.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 14:55

I voted for IAF for this reason. They've proven their professionalism in combat against the Syrians over Southern Lebanon in the 80s and operations like the destruction of the Iraqi nuclear reactor where the Israelis jets involved masqueraded as an airliner.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 14:58
British Army without a doubt.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 15:11

i've heard that many un soldiers stationed in africa have really poor discipline. they drink, get hookers, fight among themselves.

Not really a problem given that they're not in a real army.

Member of IAEA
majkes1 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote majkes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 15:18

Originally posted by Halevi

no clue, but im interested in seeing how those in the know vote

I agree. I wonder how You check this discipline how You can discuss this.

Baron
Baron

Quote Sino Defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 16:27
Originally posted by Genghis

i've heard that many un soldiers stationed in africa have really poor discipline. they drink, get hookers, fight among themselves.

Not really a problem given that they're not in a real army.

actually, they are. un soldiers are military regulars or police special forces sent by different countries.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 18:23
Na, that is a bit of a generalisation, the Uruguayians have done a really good job in the DR Congo (IIRC), disarming gangs and stopping them from terrosising villagers and towns people.
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 19:10

The Marines!

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2006 at 20:58
If the Marines (the marines are the best prsn you hit it on the dot) but lets put em aside then who would be the most discipline? It would have to go to the Israelis. Fact is they are under-fire all the time, everyone is required to join the military service at a certain age (17 I think but i could be wrong). I also have friends here in the Us (jewish friends) that go to Isreal and go to military camp for a month . Without a doubt, Israel forces hands down.

--Also many countries imploy Israeli veterans to learn self-defense against terrorism. Especially down in South America, they employ many Israelis in Colombia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>