Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the tomato really a fruit? Hell no!@!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the tomato really a fruit? Hell no!@!!!!
    Posted: 15-May-2008 at 21:30
Originally posted by gcle2003

I guess American Indians discovered tomato juice, but did they invent Bloody Marys? Did they have vodka, paprika and Worcestershire sauce?

Neksht weeksh queshchion: Who wash Margarita anywaysh?

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2008 at 18:28
This thread needs to be stopped being taken over by old people
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2008 at 21:22
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

This thread needs to be stopped being taken over by old people

Really?  I wasn't aware we had any members who fit that description.  Wink

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2008 at 22:26
LOLWhy? new members will only be confused  by you Ponce. Ponce let me go to your city and well goto the bars and when your really drunk...i may slip some tomatoes in your drink. WinkCheers You will never know....Big%20smile
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 16:27
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

LOLWhy? new members will only be confused by you Ponce. Ponce let me go to your city and well goto the bars and when your really drunk...i may slip some tomatoes in your drink. WinkCheers You will never know....Big%20smile

I might be losing in touch with the slang that younger kids r using these days but are you saying that you would roofy my drink?

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 18-May-2008 at 16:28
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 16:49

I guess American Indians discovered tomato juice, but did they invent Bloody Marys? Did they have vodka, paprika and Worcestershire sauce?

Well, Indians left room for Europeans to do something LOL..

Of course Indian had tomato juice, but then Americans discovered a way to rotten it with the invention of ketchupBig%20smile. Vodka and Margaritas are just derivations of American products, destilled. Besides destillation is not even an European invention LOL

Besides tomatoes, what would be Europe be without potatoes, tobacco and cocaine? Confused
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 17:15

LOLWhy? new members will only be confused by you Ponce. Ponce let me go to your city and well goto the bars and when your really drunk...i may slip some tomatoes in your drink. WinkCheers You will never know....Big%20smile

I might be losing in touch with the slang that younger kids r using these days but are you saying that you would roofy my drink?

He might be trying to turn you to the dark side.Big%20smile
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 17:17
what would be Europe be without potatoes, tobacco and cocaine? Confused

A whole lot healthier?

Unknown.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2008 at 19:53
Originally posted by pinguin

Of course Indian had tomato juice, but then Americans discovered a way to rotten it with the invention of ketchupBig%20smile.
No, that was the Indonesians. The Dutch brought it to Europe (and the US).
 Vodka and Margaritas are just derivations of American products, destilled. Besides destillation is not even an European invention LOL

Besides tomatoes, what would be Europe be without potatoes, tobacco and cocaine? Confused

Red clay beat me to it. Smile
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 12:09
My exams start tomorrow!!!

Do I care about tomatos? No! Should I be here? Even more No!

Chao!
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 15:36
Originally posted by red clay

He might be trying to turn you to the dark side.Big%20smile
Evil%20Smile
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 18:42

Of course Indian had tomato juice, but then Americans discovered a way to rotten it with the invention of ketchupBig%20smile.
No, that was the Indonesians. The Dutch brought it to Europe (and the US).

I am pretty sure Ketjap is made out of sojabeans, not tomatoes.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 18:45

Of course Indian had tomato juice, but then Americans discovered a way to rotten it with the invention of ketchupBig%20smile. Vodka and Margaritas are just derivations of American products, destilled. Besides destillation is not even an European invention LOL

It was not an Indian invention either. Distillation was already known in mesopotamia.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 19:50
Ms. Elf what in the good lord's name are you talkin about?
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 20:40
where?

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 08:04

Tomatl was imported by the Europeans to the Old World.
However, it is a little different to the one known this days. It was a green color tomatoe, known as Pomodoro, if not mistaken can be translated as Golden Apple.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 08:37
By reviewing this thread i must discover, that there is no contribution of my humble self.Make good for it.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 10:17
It's good to see a sane poster here, Ulrich. Do what you can.
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 13:25
"Sane" eh? gcle2003, whoever post on this thread shall forever be insane. Be careful all who post here.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 14:55
See Ya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>