Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 115>
Author
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 28-Aug-2004 at 23:21
Hi My name is Andrew Jung, and I was born and rasied in California...I'm currently a Highschool student who is just abnormally interested in History
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 09:02
Hello and welcome to AE!
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 16:15

New here at the forums and I'd like to take this time to introduce myself: My name is Michael; I'm a student at Ball State Univesity; and I love nationstates.net. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 12:19
Hello everyone.  Just thought I'd take a minute and introduce myself.  My name is Scott and I'm 31.  Im a firefighter/EMT but I also have an interest in history, particularily Ancient Egypt.  This looks to be a great board and I look forward to making some new friends.
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 12:49
Welcome to AE!!!
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Master of Puppets View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Master of Puppets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 06:25
Welcome everybody and welcome back Mangudai!
Wherever I turn, there is Death.
The Epic of Gilgamesh; Tablet XI, line 245
Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 06:51

Hello People, for those who dont know me;

Name/Surname: Can Balcioglu

Nationality: Turkish, Born 14 October 1984 in Ankara/Turkey

Religion: None, Agnostic

Countries of Residence: Istanbul/Turkey and Geneva/Switzerland

Languages: Turkish, English(advanced),French(beginner)

Physical Features: 1.82 M, 102 KG

Favorite Colours: Yellow and black (together)

Favorite Number: 15

Favorite Date in history: 25 April 1915

Interested Areas of History: Classical Greece, Late Ottoman Era, 19th and 20th century;WW1 and WW2 in specific. American civil war and Cold War

Education: 3rd Year History and International Relations Undergraduate at Istanbul Bilgi University

Attendance in organizations: Various Model UN conferences, World Health Organization

Favorite Food: Sushi, Iskender Kebap, Juicy Hamburgers, Raclette, Chinese food especially pork and chicken, Mexican food especially with corn.

Favorite Music: I listen to everything but I like the following groups; Metallica,Bond,Blink 182,Drowning Pool,Cartel,Eminem,Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park and so forth

Favorite Movies: Star Wars Trilogy, Dune, Gallipoli, JFK, 13 Days,Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Sense and Sensibility, Love Actually, Kill Bill 1&2, 2001 Space Odyssey, LOTR and so forth

Favorte Books: 1984(George Orwell), Prometheus Deception, Tristan Betrayal, Gemini Contenders, Altman Code(Robert Ludlum)

Favorite Figures in History: Mustafa Kemal, Nikita Khruschev,John F Kennedy,Ismet Inonu, Gandhi, Tito,Rommel, Themistokles, Leonidas

Favorite Gadgets; Apple iPod, Microsoft X-Box

Sports; Soccer, Football, Golf,Ski, Swimming

Countries Visited; USA,France,Germany,Italy,Switzerland(what a bore), Netherlands, Spain, UK, Hong Kong, Cyprus

Favorite Cities; Paris,NYC and ofcourse;Istanbul

Favorite Thinkers; Machiavelli, Hobbes, Marx,Kant,Aristotle and Plato

Political Opinon; Libertarian and Leftist, Believes in Autonomous Democracy, Favorite Model: Democracy like in Switzerland. Confederative System.

Sides in History; Civil War; Confederation, Cold War; USSR World War 1; Germany and allies World War 2; USA and Allies

WHEEEW

Edited by Gallipoli
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 12:44

Ooohh, neaty, i haven't posted here yet nhnhhhnh (the Benny Hill's mister Bucket laugh)

My name: Mark P.

My age: 17

fave food: black bread

fave video games: none

hobbies: romantizising about historical events and whatever thought that comes to my head, buying books and also reading them,

i like: to hear my forefathers badmouth the Russians, to see how stupid we humans really are, Far-Eastern (Japanese, Chinese etc) women, nature shows, to see a person who loves the nature more then the city.

dislike: Arnold Schwarzenegger's smile, the people in BMW's who listen to disco/beat music, punks who pick on old ladies and children, my mathematics teacher, my cat who always runs away when i try to capture him violently into my grasp.

Fave movies: the Indiana Jones trilogy and the "Adventures of the young Indiana Jones" aswell.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 13:37

Sup everyone.  I salute you from Brasil.  (btw, the independence day of Brasil is in September 7th)

I like Age of Kings...

I never study but get good grades..../

I just like history because of Age of Kings....

What else should I say?

Grrr..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 14:24

Hello, my name is Fernando (alias Catn).

I am interested in all eras, but mainly in 13th and 14th centuries history.

I have not formal education in History, so I expect to read more than to post.

As my flags is saying I am from Spain. Living in Madrid.

BattleGlory View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote BattleGlory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 20:54

deleted

Edited by BattleGlory
~If you don't know history, you don't know anything.
~Time can change me, but I can't change time.
TMPikachu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote TMPikachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 20:57

I'm new. I stumbled into this website while googling up 'mongolian armour' as I was doing a history project over the summer 'bout history's greatest asskickers, the Mongols.

Origin of my name: Something I picked up long long ago. (about 7 long years, maybe)

TM stands for "The Mighty..."

Nationality: Citizen of the World, residing in the USA.

Ethnicity: Bloodline traced to northern China, though my grandparents lived in the south. As far as I know, 100% Han Chinese.

Religion: Buddhist.

Hobbies: Doodling. Doodling armor. Doodling weapons. Doodling men (or women, or lizardmen, or crabs) with armor and weapons. Taking down 'The Man'. Putting it to 'The Man'. Getting Angry. Keeping up a balanced diet every day.

Currently: You know, the red ones with his face in black on them. Pondering the intricacies of mountain pattern scale.Trying to make a Ghengis Khan version of the famous Che Guevera shirts.

When I look in the mirror, I see: Rising doodle star, smouldering justice hero of Asian Justice heroics.

I also posted another post before seeing this post, making the other one quite useless now. nuts.

Edited by TMPikachu
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 23:26

Hello everybody,

Name: Michael

I enjoy history, especially military history.  I play alot of sports, especially basketball, and  I am also into computer programming and gaming.    Go Age of Empires series.  Probably a big reason i enjoy history...and maybe also computers.  I found this site while searching for info on the ancient persian empire for a project i'm doing for my world history class.  I love the site and hope to learn a lot.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 00:00
Hello Catn, TMPikachu and Mike.. welcome to AE!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 03:31
I'm Turan, for those who dont know me from the old AE.  From Canada, live in the US, with a 50% Turkish heritage.  Canadian citizen.  Like soccer (football), I played lacrosse for a bit, dunno if i will continue.  History is interesting depending on what kind of history. American history bores me more than anything.  Im more into current stuff more than history though.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 16:28

I send my welcome greetings to all the new members of AE

Originally posted by Gallipoli

Favorite Music: I listen to everything but I like the following groups; Metallica,Bond,Blink 182,Drowning Pool,Cartel,Eminem,Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park and so forth

Eminem? You listen Eminem?   

*Ihsa'an Ba'atur sends his metalist comrades to pick and beat the hell out of Gallipoli*

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
Abyssmal Fiend View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Abyssmal Fiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 16:30
Bah... Rap... I hate Rap. Rap is a bunch of words with an addictive beat.
ihsan View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ihsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 17:48

Hmm, somehow I forgot to post in introduction of me

Here it is: http://janissary.batcave.net/aboutme.htm

[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

Steppes History Forum
sephodwyrm View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sephodwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 09:20

Name: Po-Lung Chia (Jia Bolong, zi - Xiang Yun)

Birthdate: June 16, 1984 (year of Jia Zi, Gemini)

Place of Birth: Taiwan

Citizenship: Republic of China

Currently at: California Berkeley

Interests: Computer gaming, Chinese history, world history, bashing TI (I have made it an official interest of mine)

Other forums: China History Forum (mod), China-rising (mod), China Nationalist Alliance (member)

Religion: God fearing person...hmmm....

Language: Absolute fluency in English and Chinese (if spoken it would just the Mandarin dialect)

Favorite Book: Chronicles of Eastern Zhou (Dong Zhou Lie Guo Zhi)

Favorite Movie: Malena (forgive me, but I cry in that movie)

Favorite Food: Things I can cook

"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 14:46
Originally posted by sephodwyrm

Favorite Movie: Malena (forgive me, but I cry in that movie)

that's a pretty tough movie, but nothign compared to irreversible, i almost got sick watching it.

aynways, welcome back Chap1984.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 115>