Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 115>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 31-Oct-2013 at 15:39
Welcome aboard D...Big smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2013 at 16:25
Welcome to our corner of cyber space.  You'll find we have a couple of other folks who are into ancient weapons.
While I'm not a weapons expert, one of my interests is the smelting processes used in the manufacture of steel, and the handling of steel prior to 1850.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2013 at 02:25
welcome to AE 
yomud are free people
barcelonic View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote barcelonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2013 at 01:36
Hi,

I just signed up but im very sleep deprived and just about to go to bed lol

I shall endeavour to post something worthwhile tomorrow or soon :)

It only recently occurred to me to join a history forum, so here I am. I'm very politically & psychologically-minded but until I started to learn more history I never truly understood much at all - I just thought I did.

Now I've read enough history to know two things: 1) sadly there's a thousand lifetime's worth of history to learn and 2) if every where of it could be trusted, there'd likely be no joy in it at all :)

I count myself as a philosopher first & foremost, but don't we all? Truly I'm a full-time autodidact; a very sick person who has a lot of time and tries to put it to good use by feeding his mind.

I hope to make some posts and ask some questions soon I'm always eager to fill in some of the blanks on things I'm interested in and so I hope to hear from some of you soon :)

"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2013 at 04:22
Sleep well barcelonic&welcome here!Smile
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2013 at 20:29
Welcome to the forum, barcelonic! Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Lessa View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Lessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2013 at 10:09
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking, reading through these fora for the past few days (and finally decided to register, as it seems). I am geneticist, living in Istanbul, Turkey. We could say I have a passion for history that started with a WWII assignment in primary school but overall it's better to say that I have a passion for anything and everything related to humanity.

Happy to stumble upon this delightful hub of info and discussions.

Cheers!
“But here's some advice, boy. Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions.” ― Terry Pratchett, Night Watch
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2013 at 11:12
Welcome aboard Lessa.  I look forward to your contributions, esp. if they are as good as your sig. Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2013 at 15:35
Welcome to both of you. I hope you enjoy it here.

Regards, Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2013 at 22:51
Welcome to the forum, Lessa! Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Kartago View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kartago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 14:58
I almost never introduce myself but I'm afraid if I don't then they'll think I'm a spam bot so, hey y'all.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 15:10
Welcome aboard Kartago.  "hey y'all"? I take it your from the South of Iraq. Big smile
Unknown.
Kartago View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kartago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 15:14
Heh, no I am from the South but live in northern Iraq now.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 15:48
Welcome in All Empires than!Tongue
Kartago View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kartago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 15:55
Thanks a lot to both of you.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 21:54
Welcome Kartago! Are you with us (U.S.A) or against us?

Ron
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2014 at 00:35
Originally posted by opuslola

Ron

Which matters how?
Unknown.
RonPrice View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote RonPrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2014 at 01:11
I'm sure I introduced myself at this site years ago, but it would not hurt for an update, especially with all the new members now on-board.-Ron Price, Australia
--------------------------------
EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2014

2010-2014-Retired and on a pension in George Town, Tasmania
1999-2009-Writer & Author, Poet & Publisher, Editor & Researcher. Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor &/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
---ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS IN RETIREMENT---------
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies & Human Services West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies & Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
1980-Unemployed due to illness and recovery
1979-Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker Resource Centre Association; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC---all in Launceston Tasmania
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat, Victoria
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston, Tasmania
1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Dept.
1971-Primary School Teacher Whyalla South Australia
----ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS IN AUSTRALIA---- CANADA----BELOW----
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
1969-Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs & Northern Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni-1963-1966, Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario
1943 to 1944-Conception in October 1943 to birth in July 1944 in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2014

I have been married twice for a total of 47 years. My second wife is a Tasmanian, aged 67. We’ve had one child: age 37. I have two step-children: ages: 48 and 43, three step-grandchildren, ages 19, 18 and 3, as well as one grandchild age 2. All of the above applies in January 2014. I am 69, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written several books--all available on the internet.

I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and volunteer teaching/work in 2005 after 32 years in classrooms as a teacher and another 18 as a student. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 53 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 235 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian.

My website is found at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ You can also go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words in addition to: poetry, forums, religion, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, philosophy, inter alia, to access my writing________________________

Ron Price has been married for 47 years(in 2014) and a teacher for 35. He has been a writer and editor for 15, and a Baha'i for 55(in 2014).
Kartago View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Kartago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2014 at 02:08
Originally posted by opuslola

Ron

With, I'm American but living in Iraq.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2014 at 17:08
I did not mean to be rude sir! Just having some fun! Welcome back to the party. You just happen to be a little less than two years older than I.

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 12-Jan-2014 at 17:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 110111112113114 115>