Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 115>
Author
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 20:00
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Welcome to this site, Aphrodite. Hopefully you will honour us with your presence often, and bring much knowledge with you.Smile

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 20:01
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Welcome to this site, Aphrodite. Hopefully you will honor us with your presence often, and bring much knowledge with you.Smile

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 20:03
Originally posted by Nick1986

Originally posted by Aphrodite

Hello,
My name is Cruzhia and I am 29. I am a scholar and have done studies in different fields but have recently in the last few years picked up topography in the European area. I am trying to concentrate in Greece and Rome its cities like Athens, Paestum, Rome, Pompeii. I want to go deeper into their culture and literature. I would also like to get a better grasp of the excavations done in both.  I am here to talk to like minds and to gather more info for my research. I hope I can also help other people in their pursuit of knowledge. Smile

Hi Aphrodite. I'll have a look on google books tomorrow and see if i can find some works by Pliny the Elder

I would greatly appreciate that!
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 20:09
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Welcome, Aphrodite, and feel yourself at homeSmile.

Thank You for the warm welcome and FYI, I love your signature.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2012 at 03:32
Welcome to all of You!
Leroy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Leroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2012 at 06:37
Hi, my name is Leroy and I'm a 28 y/o Dutchman. I came about this forum yesterday. I'm mostly interested in ancient Rome and ancient Greece, and I have a minor interest in ancient Egypt and Church history. Smile

Edited by Leroy - 28-Mar-2012 at 06:38
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2012 at 06:42
Welcome here. Feel free to participate and enjoy the forum.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2012 at 09:20
Welcome to the site Leroy.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2012 at 11:06
Salve, Leroy, and have fun.Smile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2012 at 13:01
Nice to see You here,Leroy!
Sylla1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sylla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 12:20
It's my pleasure to be here and to use this my first post in AllEmpires to introduce myself to the AllImperials I have not met yet, to say "hi" to dear old friends found again and particularly to thank the warm welcome of Nick 1986, Don Quixote and Centrix Vigilis in this thread Smile Smile Cool.
Any history is as good as the evidence it is based on

There are no human races
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 12:57
I know that I speak for others when I am pleased to see Sylla here and say that here and now. His knowledge and and expertise in many areas precedes him and has been demonstrated on more then one site. His civil and courteous manner... and willingness to help others expand their information and knowledge base while either offering constructive criticism or taking it.... makes him a valuable asset to the AE community.

Having said all that I, for one, expect him to get busy and start posting and commenting as much as he can.Big smile

And I 'll say it again it is very nice to have him here with us.

Welcome aboard the boards Sylla.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 00:52
We need to work on getting your posting count up Sylla. Get to work posting some of your 
good home-cooked threads. :)
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 02:37
Welcome here Sylla1!
humoresques View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote humoresques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2012 at 21:59

Hello everyone! I'm Emily, and I've always been a huge fan of history.  I'm currently planning on writing a historical novel, and I figured I would come on over and receive help from other historians.Smile

ANCHORFREE_VERSION="633161526"var _AF2$={'SN':'HSSHIELD00US','IP':'212.118.232.40','CH':'HSSCNL000232','CT':'0','HST':'&SFLAG=1&FBWCNT_FIREFOX=9&NO_FBW_FIREFOX=1','AFH':'hss199','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.24','fbw':false,'FBWCNT_FIREFOX':0};if(/^(.*,)?(11C)(,.*)?$/g.exec(_AF2$.CT)!=null&&_AF2$.CH!='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF2$.RN+"' >.AFc_body"+_AF2$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF2$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}");< ="text/" title="AFc_724">.AFc_body724{} .AFc_all724,a.AFc_all724:hover,a.AFc_all724:visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}< ="text/">AFhss_dpnone{display:none;width:0;height:0}
if(_AF2$.TOP==1){if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000242'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000248'){document.write("")}else if(_AF2$.CH=='HSSCNL000249'){document.write("")}else{var m=new RegExp(/&FBWCNT_FIREFOX=([0-9]+)/g).exec(_AF2$.HST);_AF2$.FBWCNT_FIREFOX=(m!=null&&typeof(m[1])!='undefined')?parseInt(m[1]):0;if(parseFloat(_AF2$.AFVER)>=2.03&&/NO_FBW_FIREFOX/.test(_AF2$.HST)==false&&_AF2$.FBWCNT_FIREFOX<10&&navigator.appVersion.indexOf"Win"!=-1_AF2$.strl=1998;_AF2$.fbw=true."")}}
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2012 at 22:06
Hi Emily. What's your novel about?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2012 at 22:11
If you want to post a link in your signature, make sure you get Red Clay's permission. We've had a lot of problems with spam in the past
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
humoresques View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote humoresques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2012 at 22:17
Why thank you! :) And O posted a topic thread on my novel on the Questions and Answers forum.
Abudhar View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Abudhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2012 at 04:17
Dear Moderator & Dear Distinguished AudienceBig smile
Abudhar is both honoured and glad to join this Respected Forum after deep probing research , I presume I found what I was looking for, a Forum that I will gain from it in terms of relevant History knowledge as well as doing my very Best to give whatever data available on my behalf, having said that.

Abudhar is a both a freelance writer and photographer currently based in
Algiers the Capital of Algeria, specializing in World History,Religious Islamic high values, Ethics, Short stories and Tourism Subjects such as the History of Algeria, The Coastal historic cities of Algeria, the ancient Roman civilisation, Landscape and Muslim Festival events as well as both humorous and inspirational human interest topics.

My articles and photographs have appeared in so many issues moreover, my main goal  is to educate and encourage future generations with what I have acquired from experience and mature knowledge in terms of God-fearing attributes so that they will gain the respect necessary to learn how to (Moderator deleted spam link) and to lead a decent life.

For this purpose I strive to achieve this goal through the many translations of booklets and other relevant articles from Arabic and French into English as the case is with the  manuscripts of the Founder of the Tijaniyah Path “Sidi Ahmed Tijani”  for many websites.

I have always had a strong interest in both writing and reading  since my teenage time as self-education and the quench of knowledge- seeking has granted me what high credential Academics could not achieve, thanks to the so loved English language , a language in  which the Providence played a vital role as my  first English courses were honourably taken in 1975 in Colchester English Study Centre in Britain’s Oldest City “Colchester” , Essex , as such and from that time English Language has become to me as a  necessary daily tablet without it I cannot breath !!!

Prior to dedicating my time to freelance writing and photography, my work background included twenty years of Bank Manager and Shipping Manager up to now, such positions genuinely provided me invaluable research skills and deep probing knowledge.

I would be but greatly honoured to make your acquaintance and exchange ideas and initiatives with all my "Dear Mates" in this respected Forum,.

Starting my First "Posting" about a Diary I compiled in 2005 and reviewed in 2012,Would you please find an Article entitled: This day in history, the rise of the Mughal Empire, as such Suggestions, Initiatives, Critics are to be highly appreciated ....

Best Salaams and Deep Gratitude.

Welcome to the forum however please get permission prior to inserting links in your Post. Spam links are not tolerated.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 02-May-2012 at 05:51
Seek Knowledge from the Cradle to the Grave-Prophet Mohamed(P.B.U.H)
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2012 at 10:30
Welcome to the forum. It is very good to have Francophone members.   Thank you for the post on the Franco Algerian war.  I am interested in learning more about those times.

Edited by Cryptic - 02-May-2012 at 10:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 115>