Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 115>
Author
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself
    Posted: 17-Sep-2010 at 11:08
Well I'm glad that sounds interesting to you! I've been digging up some really old threads in the East Asia sub forum, if you'd like to check those out.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2010 at 02:07
A quick introduction -- My name's Deborah, I'm nineteen. I'm just really starting to get into more history studies, and I hope to browse around and maybe join in some conversation here.

Geek
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2010 at 14:37
DLNewby, welcome.  Does any area of history interest you more than others?  The Tribal state vs feudal state thread is interesting right now.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2010 at 16:22
Welcome Tiger and Deborah!
Good posting!

Regards,
Ron

Edited by opuslola - 06-Oct-2010 at 16:23
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Hachimantaro View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hachimantaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2010 at 20:23
Hey, quick introduction.

My name Is Alan, im from the UK. Im  love history of all areas but im really interested in Military History. My favourite periods are ancient history, but i like history through all periods. Hope to spend more time on heree, and make many friends...Thanks ;)

Oh, my name in case anyone wonders, was the nickname of a famous Japanese Samurai; Yoshiie no Minamoto, and it is a moniker given to him saying he is the son of the god of war.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2010 at 21:24
Welcome to this very particular site! It is one that has already had its revolution, and a site whereby "bannings" were almost a daily affair!

But, hopefully, those days are gone?

And, as I see, you are the recipitant of my 2,500th posting!

Thank you for joining this group!

Regards,
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2010 at 08:37
I have no idea what Opuslola is talking about, probably neither does he, but welcome.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2010 at 11:03
Originally posted by Hachimantaro

Hey, quick introduction.

My name Is Alan, im from the UK. Im  love history of all areas but im really interested in Military History. My favourite periods are ancient history, but i like history through all periods. Hope to spend more time on heree, and make many friends...Thanks ;)

Oh, my name in case anyone wonders, was the nickname of a famous Japanese Samurai; Yoshiie no Minamoto, and it is a moniker given to him saying he is the son of the god of war.

Perhaps you should hook up with Tiger of Kai.  Tiger of Kai is into Japanese history.   There is a forum for that.  You might send a message to Tiger of Kai or post in his thread. 
shadowshine View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote shadowshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2010 at 17:31
So, I just joined here. Thought I would say hello. I'm someone who is very interested in History and Politics. I haven't decided whether I'm going to go to college to further my education yet, but if I do, History is a subject I would very much like to spend the most time studying. So, I figured why not join this forum and learn some things from all you knowledgeable people? I'm into American and Japanese history the most, though I know much more about the former than the latter. 

As I said though... I'm here to learn. Not to fight or debate. Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for here. Thanks so much in advance for whoever might extend their hand in welcome. Here's to knowledge. 

Edited by shadowshine - 10-Nov-2010 at 17:35
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2010 at 17:38
Welcome shadowshine! Hmm? a shining shadow? How interesting?
But, do not be shy about debate! After all most good things and bad things are usually only settled via "debate!"

You might well want to really look up the word and terms?

The USA would not have its Constitution nor its Bill of Rights without spirited debate!

So, get it on!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 10-Nov-2010 at 17:40
shadowshine View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote shadowshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2010 at 17:42
Originally posted by opuslola

Welcome shadowshine! Hmm? a shining shadow? How interesting?
But, do not be shy about debate! After all most good things and bad things are usually only settled via "debate!"

You might well want to really look up the word and terms?

So, get it on!

Haha! Thanks for the welcome. 

The reason I was so specific about the debating issue is that I ran into trouble on a previous forum over my blunt approach at debating. I would rather not make enemies on this board, especially since I'm the least-educated one here. Embarrassed It's my turn to listen and learn, not debate. Wink

Edited by shadowshine - 10-Nov-2010 at 18:09
Sillyduffa View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sillyduffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2010 at 19:08
Hello, my name is Kate, I'm from Australia and am a student in archaeology and history. I have been on Historium and just found this site. Looking forward to some good discussions!
Cheers,
Kate 
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2010 at 19:18
Welcome Sillyduffa! I might well guess that your moniker means something in Australia that most of us would like to know?

But, have a great time and I hope some productive discussions!

Cheers,
Sillyduffa View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sillyduffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 05:48
Thanks opuslola. Sillyduffa (normally spelled sillyduffer) is an affectionate term for someone who does something like trip over, but they don't hurt themselves. It is mostly used when kids fall over or bump their head, we might say "oh you sillyduffer". I get called a sillyduffer a lot because I'm always tripping over.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 09:58
Hi and welcome.  Just thought I would add  that duffer is a nick for a golfer.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 11:07
A really bad golfer is a "duffer", a clumsy person can be called a "dufus/duffus!", etc., all it seems are related!

Caio, caio!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 12:35
I stuck in history...becouse of my ancestry,my mother is historian....and bad habits...like a small have readed all books,from libraries, on meter length...And using Your mesures...I am from Yurasic period and Rex is my best friend...be aware...And I use to be proffesor...grad.ing of ,electronics and telecommunications...and cryptographer...
    And during my short ,being here,know that two persons above are base of dialectic... "+" and "-"..

Edited by medenaywe - 13-Nov-2010 at 12:39
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 12:51
Welcome medenaywe! I noticed that we have already met in print!
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2010 at 22:47
Originally posted by Hachimantaro

Hey, quick introduction.

Hey Alan! From the UK? Now I see why you're such a big Turnbull fan. Tongue Welcome and post often!
Konstantinhaunstrup View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 16:52
A small introduction
My name is Kasper, I'm 20 years old and I am currently studying history at the southern university of Denmark. I find general history extremely interesting, but I do have a little crush on the archaich period.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 115>